MrB Scam B Warned Please see Trader Watch

Your good and bad experiences with online community trading.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please follow the posting template where applicable. It is also fair that you send a link to the other party to give them the right to respond to the post. NB: Keep it factual and at all costs avoid placing yourself in a position where you give cause for a defamation case to be brought against you Read this: http://avcom.co.za/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=306&t=202352. Personal attacks, name calling etc will be deleted. Basically - use this resource responsibly.
Oomgert
Paying Landing Fees
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 2 times

MrB Scam B Warned Please see Trader Watch

Unread post by Oomgert » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:19 pm

Item Name:MrB and is On The loose , Be WARnED Supper Scammer
Description:Don`t want anybody else slipping through his slippery fingers

PLEASE MODS leave this on for a few days,
hopiimp
Rolling
Closest Airfield: Tempe
Been liked: 0

Re: MrB Scam B Warned Please see Trader Watch

Unread post by hopiimp » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:17 pm

Just an idea. All or most of us are associated with or belong to a club or know someone at least at a club close to us. Why not setup a system whereby we can call the commity members of clubs to use them as a reference on the credibility of a buyer and seller at least to ensure that the buyer and sellet is legit??? I have purchased items from guys on avvom asking them for references and so far it has paid off.
Scale heli's is what it is all about
Ricoby
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: Lephalale Airport
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Ricoby » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:03 am

hopiimp wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:17 pm
Just an idea. All or most of us are associated with or belong to a club or know someone at least at a club close to us. Why not setup a system whereby we can call the commity members of clubs to use them as a reference on the credibility of a buyer and seller at least to ensure that the buyer and sellet is legit??? I have purchased items from guys on avvom asking them for references and so far it has paid off.
Very good idea.
Maybe the Mods can insert a line on the Profile for Club name and even SAMAA number?
I would really not like to have my contact details on an open forum, as this can lead to a lot of spam, but at least we can be verified by our clubs and/or SAMAA number.
EDIT: I have changed my signature to include the Club where I am a member, along with my SAMAA number. If the Mods can't change the public profiles to show this, maybe we can include on our signatures.
A member of Umbila Radio Flyers, Springs.
SAMAA Number: 12874
RC Pilot Yak 54 111cc DLE
Goldwing Ultimate EME 60cc
3D Hobbyshop Edge 540 RCGF 30cc
Sebart Sukhoi RCGF 32cc
chaos505
Taxiing to Clubhouse
Closest Airfield: FAGC
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by chaos505 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:54 am

Its unfortunate that so many scammers found there way onto this forum,
due to this, I will only consider a deal if the seller is in the same province / city or a long standing avcommer.
"Engines are the hearts of planes, but pilots are their souls"
danie.e
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand
Closest Airfield: Henley
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 34 times

Unread post by danie.e » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:56 am

Desperate times for many so anything goes for a fast "buck" and the hobby fraternity has shown to be extremely vulnerable because of the lowball prices on offer for expensive goodies.

What I find fascinating is that well known people can offer something at half price and even less but sometimes battle to sell simply because if a "well known" sells at such a low price, there must be something wrong with the item. A stranger on the other hand, offers stuff at ridiculous prices and folks go into a buying frenzy only to find out they have been scammed.

The jet engines is an example of note.

"Sorry ou Gert, maar daai ou het julle sien kom"
Danie.e
Don't just stik it, Drastik it
S.A. Agent for ASP Engines, CY Models, King Max servos and Amass servo leads. Reseller of RCGF Petrol engines, Smartfly powerboxes, SkyRC Chargers and Power Supplies - http://www.aspaviation.co.za
Ricoby
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: Lephalale Airport
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Ricoby » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:07 am

Professional scammers are jut that.... professional...
They know how to convince a person and believe me, they will sound very believable. Luckily, I have not been scammed on Avcom yet, all the dealings I have done have been with gentlemen of note. Burt I was scammed on a car sale and lost thousands of Rands. The scammers even had a website with pictures of their showroom. They copied a website and used photo's of a recently closed dealership, just substituting their own phone numbers. They even had a 011 phone number, which one would assume right away that is a landline number. Unfortunately the number turned out to be a Telkom number ported to a cellphone.
I am now more wary, but who knows... that lure of something nice for next to nothing... 8-[
A member of Umbila Radio Flyers, Springs.
SAMAA Number: 12874
RC Pilot Yak 54 111cc DLE
Goldwing Ultimate EME 60cc
3D Hobbyshop Edge 540 RCGF 30cc
Sebart Sukhoi RCGF 32cc
Oomgert
Paying Landing Fees
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by Oomgert » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:28 pm

This is very true Danie & Ricoby, The Scammers are super thieves and as you said Professional at what they do, all seems supper legit,Landline numbers, Email addresses and websites that look better than most reputable ones, but I agree
only deal with people that comes with a Reference and preferably close to you. We all appreciate a good deal but when its too good you sometimes cant refuse to try. Ouch !!!

Return to “Trader Watch”