Bad seller. WHAYNE VAN ROOYEN

Your good and bad experiences with online community trading.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please follow the posting template where applicable. It is also fair that you send a link to the other party to give them the right to respond to the post. NB: Keep it factual and at all costs avoid placing yourself in a position where you give cause for a defamation case to be brought against you Read this: http://avcom.co.za/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=306&t=202352. Personal attacks, name calling etc will be deleted. Basically - use this resource responsibly.
Full throttle!
Take off Clearance
Closest Airfield: still looking to goin
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Bad seller. WHAYNE VAN ROOYEN

Unread post by Full throttle! » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:23 pm

Bad Bad seller. WHAYNE VAN ROOYEN . RUSTENBURG
Bought a radio from him on Fb group.
Courier picked it up and delivered it to me .
What i saw on photos and what I got is not the same.
After claiming back my money he told me to go to hell .
He claims the courier damaged the radio .

He showed me where he put my name on the radio with a photo but only showed the bottom part of the radio.

Bad seller . If I sell anything rc related to anyone i will make sure it is packed properly. He did nothing. Just gave te radio to the courier in no package....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
V5 - LEO
8000 Tousand
8000 Tousand
Closest Airfield: FYWH
Has liked: 572 times
Been liked: 465 times

Re: Bad seller. WHAYNE VAN ROOYEN

Unread post by V5 - LEO » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:51 pm

....I do not see damage in his pics, yes he should have packed it properly and no, no courier worth their salt will collect unpacked goods. My 2 bob :D
In God I trust. The masses are never right, the minority are sometimes right, but the truth is always right.
“One good teacher in a lifetime may sometimes change a delinquent into a solid citizen.” — Philip Wylie
Andycap 101H
1k poster
1k poster
Closest Airfield: Helderberg and Malmesbury
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by Andycap 101H » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:23 pm

Contact the FB group admin and report him.

Did the same to Jaco Castelyn.
Andycap 101H
1k poster
1k poster
Closest Airfield: Helderberg and Malmesbury
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by Andycap 101H » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:14 pm

Guys.. keep your eyed peeled...

Seems our friend Mr Jaco Castelyn is selling lots of equipment again.
Fransvanhoogstraten
Lining Up
Closest Airfield: Oribi
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Fransvanhoogstraten » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:53 am

One would have expected the radio to be packaged properly ☹️
danie.e
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand
Closest Airfield: Henley
Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 205 times

Unread post by danie.e » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:45 am

Questions?

1) Was the radio properly packaged on receipt?
2) Was the parcel identified as fragile?
3) Was the radio wrapped in bubble wrap or even crumpled newspaper to protect it?
4) Was the package damaged on receipt?
5) Was there any holes or breaks in the packaging?
6) Was the parcel insured?

I did note that the item was handed to courier without it being packaged and must admit that is strange as we normally DO NOT accept goods that have not been properly packaged on collection. If the seller insisted the goods delivered without packaging, then he should replace or refund the buyer as the risk was his and not the buyer.

Looking at the damage in the photo, it would seem some sharp object was scraping against the facia plate of the radio and it is consistent with the constant moving and shaking in a van or container while being transported on our lovely RSA roads. I also do not see remnants of the waybill as the couriers has to "stick"/"paste" a waybill onto the parcel so as to ensure it can be found when lost. Those waybills are not easy to remove and usually will ensure damage of the item when trying to remove it.

I am part of a courier business and it is standard practise for couriers to state clearly on all waybills that they are not liable for damage of goods in transit unlless the goods has been properly packaged and insured. This is because of the bad way people normally make up parcels for delivery.

The onus is on the BUYER to insist that the goods be properly packed to ensure that the goods have at least a fair chance of arriving without being damaged. The buyer should also request that the seller insure the parcel so that in case of goods being damaged in transit he can claim from the insurance company.

I often read where people are being bad mouthed on the forum but the poster do not give enough information to substantiate his claim of bad service.

In this instance there are two pictures where the item is in perfect condition and then the picture after delivery that clearly show damage. That is however where it stops and the poster did not give any more information about his claim "bad seller"

Transport of goods is problematic and we must say thanks to the industry for the fact that the vast majority of goods arrive in good condition. It takes one single indiviual to make a stupid mistake on the road and a big truck loaded with hundreds of parcels have to brake hard resulting in parcels being damaged in the back of the truck. Potholes cause a lot of problems not only for the goods in the loadbin, but the courier itself as well as they have huge repair bills for suspension parts, wheels , and tyres being damaged driving on S.A. roads.

I suggest that posters first determine all the facts and take sufficient pictures and/or remedial action to prove their case before getting on the forum and blatantly make caims that coulld eventually end up in litigation for defamation of character and so on.
Danie.e
Don't just stik it, Drastik it
http://www.aspaviation.co.za

Return to “Trader Watch”