Scammed

Your good and bad experiences with online community trading.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please follow the posting template where applicable. It is also fair that you send a link to the other party to give them the right to respond to the post. NB: Keep it factual and at all costs avoid placing yourself in a position where you give cause for a defamation case to be brought against you Read this: http://avcom.co.za/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=306&t=202352. Personal attacks, name calling etc will be deleted. Basically - use this resource responsibly.
marcello
Priming
Closest Airfield: Carletonville
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Scammed

Unread post by marcello » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:25 pm

Guys be carefull please
And this is how it started:i advertised looking for a radio ...this particular guy contacted me via whatsapp .. i made a deal and paid the gentleman he said he will postnet same day after receiving payment
Today he ignores all my messages ...he reads them but does not respond
By all means i was surely scammed
He sent me his id and bank details that i asked for before transfering the money ... id is probably fake or stolen
He goes by the name of tyrone roy evens
Bank is absa acc starting with and ending with 93700#*#*484
Cell phone +27 83 *** *267
I am currently having him traced and investigated
And criminal charges is definately pending
If anyone had a similar experience or know this guy please inform me caetanomarcello@yahoo.com
Beaver xl 650
Ugly Duckling
8000 Tousand
8000 Tousand
Closest Airfield: Brakpan Benoni FABB
Has liked: 1156 times
Been liked: 1219 times

Re: Scammed

Unread post by Ugly Duckling » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:34 pm

Paul Sabatier
Long time Cygnet builder
The object is to fly, it does not matter what the object is!
Christo
8000 Tousand
8000 Tousand
Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 185 times

Unread post by Christo » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:38 pm

marcello wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:25 pm
Guys be carefull please
And this is how it started:i advertised looking for a radio ...this particular guy contacted me via whatsapp .. i made a deal and paid the gentleman he said he will postnet same day after receiving payment
Today he ignores all my messages ...he reads them but does not respond
By all means i was surely scammed
He sent me his id and bank details that i asked for before transfering the money ... id is probably fake or stolen
He goes by the name of tyrone roy evens
Bank is absa acc starting with and ending with 93700#*#*484
Cell phone +27 83 *** *267
I am currently having him traced and investigated
And criminal charges is definately pending
If anyone had a similar experience or know this guy please inform me caetanomarcello@yahoo.com
Has been said many times here. Never give your cell as a contact medium. Sure way to get scammed!
Due to the price increase in ammunition, do not expect a warning shot.

Sig Sauer, kinda like Glock except for men. :wink:
Sunldowner
Aircraft in Hangar
Closest Airfield: Grand Central
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Unread post by Sunldowner » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:53 pm

Hi

I was scammed a few weeks back by who I believe is the same person, with different alias. See below:

Looking for. GARMIN Radio for a Type Certified plane. If anyone has a spare they are wanting to sell, please contact me. 082 #### ##6

Was contacted by Gert Jacobs (082 591 1800) who had a GARMIN GTR225 radio, after upgrading to a GNC255. The radio was coming out of a C-182, which is also what I required it for. We agreed on a price and I would transfer the money into his account (Std bank ,10166221293 , tak 051001 Dankie Gert Jacobs). Once he had the funds he would send the radio (my mistake, but I rather trust people). Since transferring the funds, Gert no longer responds to any communication and has also not sent the radio. I just lost the money to replace my radio!

Return to “Trader Watch”