used gyro rotor blade wanted

Chatter section for anyone with interests in autogyro, gyroplane, gyrocopter or any type of rotorcraft which uses an unpowered rotor in autorotation to develop lift.

Moderator: Moderators

aviator
Taxiing
Closest Airfield: Lanseria

used gyro rotor blade wanted

Unread post by aviator » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:02 pm

Hey Guys,

I'm looking for a section of Gyro main rotor blade for a project of mine.

I'm building, or should i say attempting to build, a hydrofoiling kayak like this one - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQRtgEIs--k , and it dawned on me that a gyro rotor blade is exactly what i'm looking for.

I need about 2-3m, but more than that will be welcome as i'm sure the first prototype will be a learning curve.
Also, it has to be extruded aluminium, not the wood sandwich type.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Kobus

Whatsapp or phone me on +27 079 507 1348
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kobus Oosthuizen
Bowie
Hee Hee I'm Flying
Closest Airfield: FALA Lanseria

Re: used gyro rotor blade wanted

Unread post by Bowie » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:38 am

First get the proper aero foil section you require and then get someone to rather build it out of carbon fibre for you. Also,sorts out the corrosion problems then.
Regards, Bowie
Learjet
Straight and Level
Closest Airfield: Morningstar

Re: used gyro rotor blade wanted

Unread post by Learjet » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:05 pm

Most gyroplane rotors use a NACA 8H12 low-camber, asymmetrical airfoil profile. My elementary reading of hydrofoil profiles seems to suggest that they favour symmetrical profiles (NACA 16-series / 63-209 / Eppler E817 etc.) You may thus find that on old symmetrical helicopter rotor blade (e.g Robbie 22 : NACA 63-015) will work better for your hydrofoil project.
Sounds interesting - please keep us updated!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dave Lehr
Magni M22 Voyager ZU-EPZ

Return to “Gyro Chatter”