DANGER!! DANGER! DRONE ALERT!! Pretoria area

Unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV), commonly known as a drone and also referred to as an unpiloted aerial vehicle and a remotely piloted aircraft (RPA) by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), is an aircraft without a human pilot aboard.

Moderator: Moderators

flyingdutchman77
Flight Planning
Closest Airfield: AFB Waterkloof
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: DANGER!! DANGER! DRONE ALERT!! Pretoria area

Unread post by flyingdutchman77 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:59 pm

The reason i say that.
My first proto type i was flying line of sight cause it did not have a camera on it,next moment I had the CPF on me about invading privacy. Even without a camera on the drone.
Thats why I said jealously.
cage
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Closest Airfield: FAGC
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 372 times

Unread post by cage » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:42 pm

flyingdutchman77 wrote:I think the whole fuss about drones is jealousy.

Jealousy makes you nasty!!!!!!!!
In the same way we are jealous of all those "cool" chaps that vape :^o
flyingdutchman77
Flight Planning

Unread post by flyingdutchman77 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:38 pm

Why should one pay R15k plus for a RPA licence,then you still cant operate if you not under an AOC?
Ive been in aviation 20 years,and I saw that everybody puts a Heavy price tag on any aviation item/training. Everybody wants their piece of the pie,cause its called aviation. BS. I think the regulator/SACAA should also start regulating the prices that these money milkers put on their labels.
Maybe then people will become more legit.
Pay for licence training(which you dont really need)
Pay for radio training(really,boat radio,ham radio,aviation radio,why not have one licence for all?)
Pay for practical training(really?)
Pay the regulator
And then you have to pay and maintan an AOC

Every body just wants money more and more, thats why people dont licence their drones or them selfs as pilots.
It all ads up.

What makes a drone different from a park flyer?

It all boils back to money and jealousy.

Thats my 2 cents and 3rd post.
flyingdutchman77
Flight Planning

Unread post by flyingdutchman77 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:30 pm

Even to join a RC radio flyers club like the mickey mouse PRF will cost you R3500,then you havent left the earth yet AND then your equipment still has ro pass an airworthyness inspection,R1000 joining fee and up font payments. What BS is that?

Best you fly on your own ,train yourself and be unlicenced until the prices can also be reasonably unregulated.

Like i said before,if in South Africa ,its linked to aviation,every body just sees money money money.

Imagine they could charge hangerage for a drone or a rc flyer? =D>
Mouser
Radio Call
Closest Airfield: King Shaka
Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 27 times

Unread post by Mouser » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:10 am

Ja, I see "my" drone guy has noted that he has had to increase his prices due to having to comply with new regulations or rates - he wasn't specific. That was in a quote he gave me yesterday.
cage
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 372 times

Unread post by cage » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:23 am

Ignorance and entitled whining, fairly common among those that dont understand much about aviation and don't want anyone prescribing how they should behave.
It's why we will keep having incidents and why they will ultimately be regulated even further.

Air is not free, it is all regulated for safety to varying degrees.
If that can't be respected then you have no business being there.
Model fliers have coexisted for a long time alongside everyone else. It's only the recent drone set whose desire for lame and derivative photos and videos that have decided that rules and regulation shouldn't apply to them.
No one regulates or enforce because of jealousy, they regulate to prevent stupidity.
GaryMortimer
Mags Dead Cut
Closest Airfield: Treverton

Unread post by GaryMortimer » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:00 pm

There have been zero drone-related fatalities in the entire world. They should not be operated near manned aircraft for sure and regulations already exist to cover that. South Africa is falling behind not only the rest of the world but the rest of Africa. The very sensible Australian regulations should be enacted and anybody found out of line jumped on from a very great height.

Safety is, as they say, no accident.
RCAP2 -Attopilot -CC -APM 1,2,2.5,2.6 - Ruby - Pixhawk its all code ;-)
deanvdm
Post Take off checks
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 14 times

Unread post by deanvdm » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:01 pm

https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/ ... index.html
Eighty-seven million passengers passed through Dubai International in 2017, making it one of the busiest airports in the world. So when there's a hiccup in operations, the effect can be profound.

Shutdowns can cost the airport as much as $1 million a minute, and in recent times drones have been a big issue. Drone incursions into airport airspace were responsible for three shutdowns in 2016 -- one for as long as 90 minutes.

Skytrax works by fixing a tracker weighing 58 grams (2 ounces) to every drone licensed for use in the emirate. Developed in collaboration with drone company Exponent Technology Services, chief executive Asam Khan says no other city has gone to such lengths to monitor and manage drone activity.

Real-time tracking is monitored by the DCAA 24 hours a day, and if a drone strays close to a no-fly zone such as Dubai International, the system will send text alerts to DCAA officials and the drone operator, warning them to change course.

No drone is allowed within 16,400 feet horizontally or 3,000 feet vertically of commercial air traffic, says Khan.

Return to “Drones, UAVs”