Astro Aerospace Acquires VTOL Industry Leader Passenger Drone

Unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV), commonly known as a drone and also referred to as an unpiloted aerial vehicle and a remotely piloted aircraft (RPA) by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), is an aircraft without a human pilot aboard.

Moderator: Moderators

Featured Articles
Mascot
Closest Airfield: AvCom
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 20 times

Astro Aerospace Acquires VTOL Industry Leader Passenger Drone

Unread post by Featured Articles » Thu May 10, 2018 3:33 pm

Astro Aerospace Acquires VTOL Industry Leader Passenger Drone: Click Here for more on this story
If you have any articles or press releases you wish to submit - please PM me for more information or press@avcom.co.za
SaraLima
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Closest Airfield: FASH and Morningstar
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Astro Aerospace Acquires VTOL Industry Leader Passenger Drone

Unread post by SaraLima » Thu May 10, 2018 4:15 pm

Cool bananas.. I wrote about this one in this months SA Flyer.. Quote:

"Announced last September, the Passenger Drone looks a bit like a two-seat tandem gyrocopter but seems further along in development than most contenders. It’s built from carbon fibre composites, uses 16 electric rotors to get airborne and can also be flown manually with a joystick. To accompany the announcement, its makers released videos which show the craft already completing manned test flights, where it was flown autonomously, joystick operated, and by remote control.
The makers claim a top speed of 70 km/h, a 20-minute endurance and best of all, a 25-minute charge time which makes this currently one of the more practical flying cars. No prices have been announced as yet, but have your wallet ready for this one."
There are three simple rules for making a perfect landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are.
I was flying in uniform when you were still in liquid form :wink:

Return to “Drones, UAVs”