Scam Alert

Unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV), commonly known as a drone and also referred to as an unpiloted aerial vehicle and a remotely piloted aircraft (RPA) by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), is an aircraft without a human pilot aboard.

Moderator: Moderators

RickduPreez
Flight Planning
Closest Airfield: FAMO
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Scam Alert

Unread post by RickduPreez » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:09 pm

I recently got scammed by someone who used the name of Benjamin van Straaten (probably a stolen identity) I unfortunately gave this crook a copy of my driver's licence. He is now using my credentials to try and scam other victims. I bought a Bose A20 set from him, which was non existent.

I found a newly created profile closely matching mine. My profile is "RickduPreez" (created in 2016), the new profile uses a combination of my name and surname, but was created in 2019. I do not want to mention the possible scamming user directly, but I have opened up a case of fraud with the police.

I feel really dumb for falling for a deal that is too good to be true. I don't care about the money, but do care about protecting my name.

Please be on the lookout for anybody using my name to sell products and services on Avcom.

He will either use "Benjamin van Straaten" or my name "Rick du Preez". He will provide you with a copy of my driver's licence to secure the deal. Don't do it!

Return to “Drones, UAVs”