theoretical RPL exam

Unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV), commonly known as a drone and also referred to as an unpiloted aerial vehicle and a remotely piloted aircraft (RPA) by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), is an aircraft without a human pilot aboard.

Moderator: Moderators

jean
Tripped over wheel chock
Closest Airfield: FACT
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 5 times

theoretical RPL exam

Unread post by jean » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:20 am

I have been trying to make sense out of the current CARS/CATS about the theoretical exam for RPL (I believe the regulation will be slit between two new Parts, but nonetheless). Bear with me, avcomers! Here we go:

CARS 101.03.2 and 3 mention a “theoretical examination applicable to the category of licence” but CATS 101.03.3, 1 (4) (a) mentions “a general examination” to be passed before the first licence examination may be written”.

Does this mean that there are 2 written and separate examinations? The first being the general examination and then the first licence examination?

Also what about the “general examination” as per CATS 101.03.3 list items applicable to the “general examination” (sec 2) and then items applicable to all remote pilot licences: are these, 2. Items applicable to the remote pilot general examination and 3.Items applicable to all remote pilot licences part of the same written paper, or are they examined in two different examinations?

Finally items listed under subsection 4, 5, 6 in same TS: are they part of a separate written examination?

By example: if I were to present myself for the theoretical examination RPL (Aeroplane), would I first write the general examination consisting of Items 1 and 2 of TS 101.03.3; and then in a separate paper, at a different time, write an examination related to Items 4 ? Would this last one then be what CARS names “the first licence examination” that is written after the “general” one?

I have looked at the few "drone' schools website but they give no explanation. Can someone help me please? I am in complete fog!
sampie
Incipient Spin
Closest Airfield: fakr
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 18 times

Re: theoretical RPL exam

Unread post by sampie » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:54 am

RPL is a farce, 100s of pilots getting signed up, and only a few companies that can operate, the regulations is even more dumbfounded and nonsensical and to add more delusion to the confusion, they change it every month or so, prior to this whole circus being implemented a few years ago, they carefully planned, and refined over the years (along with some of the full scale helicopter operators) on how to best fool the public into getting RPL without the public realizing they've been duped.

And their sinister plans works out just dandy thus far.
They get their cut from the schools handing you over a "dud" certificate.

Watching you squeal, screech and grind jumping through all the hoops they throw at you, just to see the look on your face when you are now officially grounded as they are handing you over the certificate.

At the end of they day all an RPL does is get you into trouble when flying, because NOW... they can track you, they've got you by the b@lls, and they are loving every moment of it.
These users liked the author sampie for the post (total 2):
vikizander
jean
Tripped over wheel chock
Closest Airfield: FACT
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by jean » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:25 am

Thanks Sampie. But what about the question I raised? Any clue?
buks van niekerk
Aircraft in Hangar
Closest Airfield: or tambo
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by buks van niekerk » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:20 pm

please, :smt041 :smt041 one of our reputable schools shred some light here, as some drone operators like to be legal operators, as we read the rules and regulations, and most of the time makes very little sence, :wink: :wink:,
to be able to fly is a wonderful privilege =D>
zander
Take off Clearance
Closest Airfield: fala
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by zander » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:53 pm

And to think there's still piggies out there squirming, licking ***
And actually paying to be grounded.... The "constitution" must be loving it.. :lol:
These users liked the author zander for the post:
viki
Multirotordronepilot
1k poster
1k poster
Closest Airfield: Grootfontein
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 49 times

Unread post by Multirotordronepilot » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:14 pm

My goodness why does this always result in a round of unsupported hogwash being broadcast. We sure do have some considerable instability.

The gentleman asked for assistance. If you cannot assist why not rather just move on.

Jean you are welcome to pm me your number and I will gladly call you and assist where I can.
Trevor
Defense Contractor/Test Pilot
Commercial pilot,Instructor
Responsible Person Aircraft
TopRC HawkerHunter
JetLegend ViperJet
BVM F80 ShootingStar
1/3 J3 Cub
ZS-VVR
J3 Clipped Wing Cub Replica ZU-XXX
If flying slow isn't fun, you're doing it wrong
sampie
Incipient Spin
Closest Airfield: fakr
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 18 times

Unread post by sampie » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:12 pm

Nope, sorry no Hogwash whatsoever, i have many RPL friends that went down because of the incompetent Regulations, ruining the industry, the minority that "makes" it, is just the minority, being fed by the monopolistic hand feeding the few. ;)

As for moving On, with such ridiculousness ruining a wonderful industry, What kind of pot have You been smoking ?? You can "move on" if you like, I however will speak loud and clear wherever i feel it required. =D>
These users liked the author sampie for the post (total 2):
zanderviki

Return to “Drones, UAVs”