Tello Drone

Unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV), commonly known as a drone and also referred to as an unpiloted aerial vehicle and a remotely piloted aircraft (RPA) by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), is an aircraft without a human pilot aboard.

Moderator: Moderators

Heliphant
Priming
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Tello Drone

Unread post by Heliphant » Wed May 08, 2019 10:07 pm

I’m thinking about getting a Tello Drone

What is everybody’s opinion about this little drone. Is it worth the money?

Heliphant
Heliphant
Priming

Re: Tello Drone

Unread post by Heliphant » Thu May 09, 2019 7:38 pm

Does nobody know anything about this little drone?
waynemaclean
Wanna Fly
Closest Airfield: FAWB

Unread post by waynemaclean » Thu May 09, 2019 8:24 pm

Awesome toy to get you started with drones. Very easy to fly and get orientated with drone flying. Video and photo quality is not great so do not expect to fly fpv or use it for taking quality photos. Do recommend getting a controller to fly it with as flying on the cellphone screen is not nice at all.
Heliphant
Priming

Unread post by Heliphant » Fri May 10, 2019 4:54 pm

Thanx for the advice
omarb
Rolling
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by omarb » Mon May 27, 2019 10:03 am

Controller is a must as well as extra batts. Got one for my 5 yr old so I can start teaching him to fly... Must the video and photo quality is pretty bad but it makes up for that in the flying department. Amazingly stable indoors and outdoors too if the wind is not too hectic.
10tpeg
Wanna Fly
Closest Airfield: Plett
Has liked: 2 times

Unread post by 10tpeg » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:17 pm

This is a brilliant pice of equipment for it's price. Very good to get into drones. You must get the controller, and a couple of extra batteries. Advertised flight time is 13 mins, but it is actually more like 10 at best. You can use a wifi extender to greatly increase the range, so this is really worthwhile. (I can get 30m height and easily 150m distance line of sight) There is also an android app called TelloFPV which adds Return To Home functionality.

Incredibly stable for it's size, but don't use it in a breeze for best results. Pictures are fine if you are just looking to get a view of something from the air - my use. Don't expect something you can make movies from.

On my second. Lost the first in think bush!

For R3,500 for all the above you can't go wrong - people are advertising Tellos for R1,200.

Return to “Drones, UAVs”