Do you want to collapse a few sections?

Tips and Tricks to get the most out of your AvCom experience.

Moderator: Moderators

Amalgamate the following sections

Poll ended at Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:49 am

Do nothing - leave as is. Make perpetrators repair Nic Weskus' crashed aeries for punishment.
61%
Combine Trader Watch and Classifieds
12%
Combine Trader Watch, Classifieds and Community Courier.
17%
Combine Trader Watch, Classifieds, Community Courier and General Model Chatter.
9%

Total votes: 75
Oldtimer1
Post Take off checks
Closest Airfield: Kittyhawk
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 3 times

Re: Do you want to collapse a few sections?

Unread post by Oldtimer1 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:28 am

Heineman wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:12 am
Roger wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:11 am
And whilst we are discussing this topic, posted in the classifieds: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=219909

I give up #-o
I did say something and then deleted it because I feel I am the only one complaining. I think it is just plain stupidity to say the least.
Stupidity, an honest mistake, it could be anything.......

Did I sit down behind the computer thinking "The rules and regulation say "post stuff in the correct sections" and decided to continue and do the unthinkable", no, I did not deliberately decide to transgress the holy rule of "Sectional correctness", but continue on with the lambasting and ridiculing, I can take it. But wait until one day you also make a mistake, then think of how quickly you jumped on the transgressor and tried to stomp him into oblivion.

Heineman, this from you, unbelievable.
Irene Radio Flyers
SAMAA #517
Builders kits and seleted ARF's
Roger
Seven Thousand
Seven Thousand
Closest Airfield: FAPE
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 163 times

Unread post by Roger » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:38 pm

Ok, slow down guys. Apologies Oldtimer1, should not have made an example of you. There have been many before.

If I could ask of you, how did it happen? If we can figure out the cause, that may give us a hint on how to address the issue and move forward.
Don’t take things for granted… Tomorrow is not promised.
Oldtimer1
Post Take off checks
Closest Airfield: Kittyhawk

Unread post by Oldtimer1 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:19 pm

Roger wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:38 pm
Ok, slow down guys. Apologies Oldtimer1, should not have made an example of you. There have been many before.

If I could ask of you, how did it happen? If we can figure out the cause, that may give us a hint on how to address the issue and move forward.
No issues Roger, actually appreciate the opportunity.

Only reason I have was that I was thinking I bought the motors through the classifieds, heck, I hang around the classifieds most of my time on Avcom, and thought the guys knowing the motors would be hanging around the classifieds section. It was a lapse of thought processes on my side and there really was no intension to break the rules. You should know I am normally the first person to shout foul if rules are transgressed, I overstepped without thinking and really did not mean any willful disrespect for the rules.
Irene Radio Flyers
SAMAA #517
Builders kits and seleted ARF's
Heineman
1k poster
1k poster
Closest Airfield: MRF Pretoria
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by Heineman » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:24 pm

Planes wirh Futaba
danie.e
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand
Closest Airfield: Henley
Been liked: 21 times

Unread post by danie.e » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:41 am

How about a "selection process" for the Classifieds ?

If one want to post in the Classifieds, on opening, it must give Pop-up with selection choices: for instance

1)If you wish to sell or buy something, Click here ( ) - on click the poster are taken to the Classifieds
2)If you want to ask advice, Click here ( ) - on click the poster will be taken to the Tips and Tricks forum
3)If you are building something, Click here ( ) - on click the poster will be taken to the General forum
4)If you need an item couriered, Click here ( ) - on click the poster will be taken to the Courier forum
5)If you had a bad experience, Click here ( ) - on click the poster will be taken to the Trader warning forum

Dunno,I am not a computer boffin but have seen similar on various websites. The Telkom website is a very good example.
Danie.e
Don't just stik it, Drastik it
S.A. Agent for ASP Engines, CY Models, King Max servos and Amass servo leads. Reseller of RCGF Petrol engines, Smartfly powerboxes, SkyRC Chargers and Power Supplies - http://www.aspaviation.co.za
Jakkals-F30
HASSELL checks
Closest Airfield: Rand Airport
Been liked: 0

Unread post by Jakkals-F30 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:04 am

danie.e wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:41 am
How about a "selection process" for the Classifieds ?

If one want to post in the Classifieds, on opening, it must give Pop-up with selection choices: for instance

1)If you wish to sell or buy something, Click here ( ) - on click the poster are taken to the Classifieds
2)If you want to ask advice, Click here ( ) - on click the poster will be taken to the Tips and Tricks forum
3)If you are building something, Click here ( ) - on click the poster will be taken to the General forum
4)If you need an item couriered, Click here ( ) - on click the poster will be taken to the Courier forum
5)If you had a bad experience, Click here ( ) - on click the poster will be taken to the Trader warning forum

Dunno,I am not a computer boffin but have seen similar on various websites. The Telkom website is a very good example.
I agree this is something pretty simple to implement in terms of pre-selecting on a set of criteria which if the guys follow it would ensure posts end up where they should be.
Given you will find someone that would want to select the wrong stuff just to go against the new setup and prove they can still do what they want but for the wider community/user i think it will work.

Personally if someone posts in the wrong category so be it. I have enough that upsets me everyday that i choose not to complain about the post but yes i will moan if there's no pics lol..

Overall it's not easy to please everyone on a public forum and the community needs to also take into account that whoever runs/manages the forum also has a day job and does this purely for the passion and love of the hobby and the greater part of the site so for just managing and maintaining the site etc... Hats off to the mods.. =D>
nic weskus
Ooops forgot to turn the fuel back on!
Closest Airfield: st Helena bay
Has liked: 3 times

Unread post by nic weskus » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:15 am

Trader watch is there for a reason.
A centralised forum.
Good or bad experiences.

If you collapse it into the personals, how do you check someone out?
I suppose you want people to page through all the ads????
Last edited by nic weskus on Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LEALDADE.
Christo
Seven Thousand
Seven Thousand
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 47 times

Unread post by Christo » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:44 pm

You see why I voted to collapse the sections. 2 or 3 reports for this Burger oke and still the guys get caught by him. :?
Due to the price increase in ammunition, do not expect a warning shot.

Sig Sauer, kinda like Glock except for men.
nic weskus
Ooops forgot to turn the fuel back on!
Closest Airfield: st Helena bay
Has liked: 3 times

Unread post by nic weskus » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:20 pm

I quote Roger:

"So consider the alternatives and make your vote. Do remember posts in the classified section are deleted after a few months so any combining of forum subject matter will also be deleted."

Enough said?

At least such posts on Trader Watch, genl chatter, etc will NOT be deleted later on.

People can do their own research about sellers on Trader Watch for as long as Avcom exists.

Any Avcommer can try research someone's name on either trader watch, genl chatter, model event forums etc for as far back as they want. If he has been mentioned, it STAYS there for all to see.

Even if they had changed their username on Avcom after some shady dealings long time ago.
Easy. Just type in his real name. It would've been mentioned by someone, somewhere in the past...

THAT is how you research a potential seller or buyer.
You can, by old posts, even see how some peoples' telephone numbers have changed over the years. Or their place of residence/club.

That luxury is not afforded by the classifieds section. They automatically get auto-deleted after some time.
LEALDADE.

Return to “Using the Forum - Tips & Tricks”