LOVE JABIRU

Our informal clubhouse for Jabiru Enthusiasts.

Moderator: Moderators

Flooi
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: FAHG
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 19 times

LOVE JABIRU

Unread post by Flooi » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:28 pm

Just a 2c opinion.... because of a bad restless nature, went through a few TCA and many NTCA. I first met Jabiru some years ago when I bought a SP470. In 2008 I collected a new J430 from George. After some years sold it and acquired another J430. I now have a J170D...... and after all this messing around, I am convinced that Jabiru is best bang for the buck.

You can not argue about likes and dislikes. Some aviators have a Jabiru Bashing Syndrome... for which there is no treatment and prognosis is poor... they die an agonizing death. I am not a technical wizard, but have done my autodidactic homework and if I could reverse old age, I would stalk a new J230. For now, I would not swap my little lover for all the tea in China..... just saying... =D>
These users liked the author Flooi for the post (total 4):
AJWSwampdonkeySkapieZandre
Hennie van Zyl
AJW
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand
Closest Airfield: FARB
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 2 times

Re: LOVE JABIRU

Unread post by AJW » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:57 pm

Jabiru has changed my life in more than one way, all for the best.

To me, I will never own anything different.

We just need to deal with some current issues, then she stays the best.
Be safe
Abrie
Marius Schrenk
Niner Tousand
Niner Tousand
Closest Airfield: 300m from home
Has liked: 160 times
Been liked: 95 times

Unread post by Marius Schrenk » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:34 am

Flooi wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:28 pm
Just a 2c opinion.... because of a bad restless nature, went through a few TCA and many NTCA. I first met Jabiru some years ago when I bought a SP470. In 2008 I collected a new J430 from George. After some years sold it and acquired another J430. I now have a J170D...... and after all this messing around, I am convinced that Jabiru is best bang for the buck.

You can not argue about likes and dislikes. Some aviators have a Jabiru Bashing Syndrome... for which there is no treatment and prognosis is poor... they die an agonizing death. I am not a technical wizard, but have done my autodidactic homework and if I could reverse old age, I would stalk a new J230. For now, I would not swap my little lover for all the tea in China..... just saying... =D>
=D> =D> :D :D
Politics attracts crooks and lawyers,most of the time its the same person.
Firedog
Taxiing
Closest Airfield: FAVG
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Firedog » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:30 pm

I have been flying since 1982 as a military aviator and have 7 military types in my logbook which ranges from tail draggers to jets to choppers. Each type had its own distinct enjoyment features. I always wanted to own my own aircraft and when I was able to I researched a lot on versatility, affordability and maintainability. Of course there are mouthwatering LSA's out there but one had to be realistic about affordability. I am very happy with my choice of the J430 and enjoy the simple approach to the design and maintenance which allows me to fiddle and do some basic maintenance work on the aircraft - of course I have a very competent guy who works on my aircraft for the more serious stuff. Yes - call a it flying "porta loo" or whatever - I enjoy flying mine and it does not hurt my bank account....... 8)
Barney

ZU-FDG Jabiru J430
Flooi
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: FAHG
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 19 times

Unread post by Flooi » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:57 pm

And....... at 75% 116 knts TAS at 16 lph... AND..... cost about 1/3rd of well known fancy LSA!
Add to this a 10 hr range... sit daai een in jou pyp en rook hom. As Barney so rightly stated,
there are many mouthwatering - and possibly better options, but not all can afford these 1. Something
bar toys.... end of rant about this. Just wanted to share some joy... 🤗
Hennie
These users liked the author Flooi for the post:
Firedog
Hennie van Zyl
Marius Schrenk
Niner Tousand
Niner Tousand
Closest Airfield: 300m from home
Has liked: 160 times
Been liked: 95 times

Unread post by Marius Schrenk » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:22 pm

Flooi wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:57 pm
And....... at 75% 116 knts TAS at 16 lph... AND..... cost about 1/3rd of well known fancy LSA!
Add to this a 10 hr range... sit daai een in jou pyp en rook hom. As Barney so rightly stated,
there are many mouthwatering - and possibly better options, but not all can afford these 1. Something
bar toys.... end of rant about this. Just wanted to share some joy... 🤗
Hennie
Ha ha Henni.Lyk my mos of julle baaaie tail winds het daar. :wink: En jou jabbie het n moerse tenk. :wink: :D...kyk ek weet Ben het eens iets soos 12 min lank geglide oor die leeus daar in die central Kalahari....maar dit saam met 5.5 hrs se petrol gaan nog lank nie 10 ure maak nie. 8-[ Dis hoekom ons maar "gazolina"(in MOZ) en Botswana se oranje(oros) sous daar in Sakawi ingegooi het en ippi punte van ons sitplekke gesit het voor ons "daai" vlerk net voor landing wou oopdraai. :wink: 8-[
Politics attracts crooks and lawyers,most of the time its the same person.

Return to “Jabiru Club of South Africa”