SACAA CPL FLIGHTPLANNING

RNAV, GNSS, GPSS. Your place to discuss all aspects pertaining to Instrument Flying.

Moderator: Moderators

transitionlevel
Pre-take off checks
Closest Airfield: FALA
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

SACAA CPL FLIGHTPLANNING

Unread post by transitionlevel » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:11 pm

Hi all, does the supplied graphs in the exam include the factors that need to be used for rwy calculations or do we need to memorise them? is, grass rwy x 1.2 and wet grass rwy x 1.3, regulatory factorising of required rwy length x 1.43 etc
1900D Driver
Captain.huzaifa
Forgot to remove the chocks!
Closest Airfield: OR Tambo

Re: SACAA CPL FLIGHTPLANNING

Unread post by Captain.huzaifa » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:14 pm

Hi There
Unfortunately,You would need to memorize them

Kind regards
Huzaifa
transitionlevel
Pre-take off checks
Closest Airfield: FALA

Unread post by transitionlevel » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:44 am

Hi Huzaifa,

Thank you, I wrote FP in March 2016 and we had to memorise the said information but I heard from a friend that with the new exam system since mid 2016 they supply the graphs and the relevant factors to be worked in for an answer. It doesn't sound right but I am v ery uncertain and don't whant to be wrong. Iam helping a few guys with prep for the exams and dont want to give out wrong information.

Kind regards.
1900D Driver
Fly2High
Aircraft in Hangar
Closest Airfield: FACT

Unread post by Fly2High » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:21 am

I wrote FPL in May and the factors are in the book, but you still need to know which ones to use. I would say memorize them otherwise you're going to run out of time. Time was my biggest problem in the exam.

I also found a lot of mistakes in the CAA exam. Atleast 3 questions where I had to guess the answer as what you work out even using different methods does not get one of their 4 answers. Just try and get the closest answer possible to theirs.

Return to “Instrument Flying”