- Frequent AvComer
- Posts: 743
- Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:20 pm
- Closest Airfield: FASY
- Location: Zone outbound
- Has liked: 134 times
- Been liked: 56 times
Is my understanding correct that
1) should I buy a NTCA (eg a Sling) second hand the ATF immediately becomes invalid and must be re-applied for?
2) the CAA will only issue an IF ATF to a pilot/owner who has already got an Instrument rating?
3) if 2 is correct, then I assume that buying a Sling with the view to obtaining my instrument rating on it(obviously with the IFR training with an appropriately qualified instructor aboard) would be a fruitless exercise and I’d be better off with an IF equipped TCA?
ZU-IBM - Sling4 Turbo s/n 009
- 1k poster
- Posts: 1151
- Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:01 am
- Closest Airfield: FASD
- Location: Port Owen - Western Cape
- Has liked: 18 times
- Been liked: 24 times
as I have it:
1. If IFR ATF is required then all the instrumentation needs to be TSO'd, installed by a certified AMO and maintained by a certified AMO.
2. The ATF is for the aircraft, not the pilot...
It would be interesting to hear from others.
ZU-xxx | VANS RV-8 in the making...
ZS-WSW | Sonerai 2L