Brown's Landing - Morgan Bay.

Aviation Trivia, Jokes & Humour

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Drinking Cooldrink at clubhouse
Posts: 442
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:18 am
Location: The Countryside
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Brown's Landing - Morgan Bay.

Unread post by Rooster » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:02 am

Surface is still the best of the wild coast fire breaks.
Johan has just put up a new smoke indicator. Thanks Johan!
Remember that the frequency is 125.2 and monitor 124.8
Did you know that we called it Brown's Landing (after Charlie Brown) because the farm is called Woodstock and is owned by the Brown family - the club emblem is the little bird Woodstock from the cartoon?
The hotel will send someone to fetch you if you want to eat a lunch on their deck.
Safe flying everyone!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If a dog is grinning, it may not be happy!
TikkaT3
Cows on Runway - doing go around
Posts: 411
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:30 pm
Closest Airfield: Potchefstroom
Location: In the clouds
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Brown's Landing - Morgan Bay.

Unread post by TikkaT3 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:47 am

I'd love to come and chill-out at the sea between Christmas and New Year, never been to Brown's but would really like to, can't find any accommodation! Anyone with any leads, please PM me.!
Cessna 182
Rooster
Drinking Cooldrink at clubhouse
Posts: 442
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:18 am
Location: The Countryside
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Brown's Landing - Morgan Bay.

Unread post by Rooster » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:31 pm

TikkaT3 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:47 am
I'd love to come and chill-out at the sea between Christmas and New Year, never been to Brown's but would really like to, can't find any accommodation! Anyone with any leads, please PM me.!
Don't you normally go to wavecrest?
You got rained in one year and stopped for fuel at my farm?
Morgs very full now till about 10th January. :?
Reid.
If a dog is grinning, it may not be happy!
TikkaT3
Cows on Runway - doing go around
Posts: 411
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:30 pm
Closest Airfield: Potchefstroom
Location: In the clouds
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Brown's Landing - Morgan Bay.

Unread post by TikkaT3 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:20 am

Rooster wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:31 pm
TikkaT3 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:47 am
I'd love to come and chill-out at the sea between Christmas and New Year, never been to Brown's but would really like to, can't find any accommodation! Anyone with any leads, please PM me.!
Don't you normally go to wavecrest?
You got rained in one year and stopped for fuel at my farm?
Morgs very full now till about 10th January. :?
Reid.
Yeah I usually go to Wavecrest, they're full too.

I touched base with you because I"m still wet behind the ears and had just bought my 182 and you were kind enough to give me a HEAP of priceless info of flying at the coast. Still it almost caught me out. I got your contact details from my uncle, who's the guy you're thinking of that landed at your place when the weather was poor. They were stuck at Wavecrest for a few days.
Cessna 182
Biggles2
Wanna Fly
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue May 01, 2018 12:16 pm
Closest Airfield: Wings Park
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Brown's Landing - Morgan Bay.

Unread post by Biggles2 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:55 pm

What accommodation you looking for. Maybe able to offer for up to 5 at Wavecrest for nights 28 and 29th December 2018. 0 ate too 6tree90395cell.
User avatar
giarc64
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Posts: 2725
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:54 am
Location: Tedderfield Airpark
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Brown's Landing - Morgan Bay.

Unread post by giarc64 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:47 am

Just landed at Brown's. Great airfield. Met one of the owners Reed who drove us to the hotel. We are sitting by the pool sipping pinna coladas. Managed to get accom for sat . So much nicer than wavecrest.

I will definately be coming here in future
ZU-CYB (Cubby No 1)
ZS-WPX (KR2)
User avatar
ACE MAN
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand
Posts: 3699
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:53 am
Closest Airfield: FAKT+VHHH+FAPX
Location: iKhaya mina 22N114E
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 3 times

Re: Brown's Landing - Morgan Bay.

Unread post by ACE MAN » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:01 pm

=D> tks Craig, i have a friend at the backpackers - need yo visit soon.
IITYWTMWYBMAD
Nomakhanjani
¯¯VAF¯¯
User avatar
giarc64
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Posts: 2725
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:54 am
Location: Tedderfield Airpark
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Brown's Landing - Morgan Bay.

Unread post by giarc64 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:58 pm

Howzit Andrew.

how u bud. been a long time. was chatting to your brother in law Sean the other day at Tedders. was telling him about our Osh trip in 2016. good times.

hope u keeping well.

Cheers
Craig
ZU-CYB (Cubby No 1)
ZS-WPX (KR2)
User avatar
mortlock.rc
Wanna Fly
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:41 pm
Closest Airfield: Nelspruit
Location: White River
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Brown's Landing - Morgan Bay.

Unread post by mortlock.rc » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:56 pm

Hi there, what was the accommodation called that you stayed at in Morgan's?
giarc64 wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:47 am
Just landed at Brown's. Great airfield. Met one of the owners Reed who drove us to the hotel. We are sitting by the pool sipping pinna coladas. Managed to get accom for sat . So much nicer than wavecrest.

I will definately be coming here in future
Rooster
Drinking Cooldrink at clubhouse
Posts: 442
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:18 am
Location: The Countryside
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Brown's Landing - Morgan Bay.

Unread post by Rooster » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:23 am

If a dog is grinning, it may not be happy!

Return to “123.45”