Interesting, new service bulletin from Jabiru Aus

http://www.jabiru.net.au/images/JSB033- ... rclips.pdf

Cheers, Don.
JabSP6
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Jabiru Service Bulletins

Unread post by JabSP6 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:14 am

I have noticed that Jabiru have updated their Service Bulletins yesterday with the Aircraft Control Cable Bulletin released last month by CASA .
http://www.casa.gov.au/wcmswr/_assets/m ... 27/001.pdf
It is also on the RAA website
SB-002-15-08-2012-All-Aircraft-Control-Cables.

This affects all GA and RAA aircraft.

It clearly states that "An inspection is to be performed before next flight on all aircraft fitted with these types of cables to determine their current condition.

Cables that have a life of more than 15 years MUST BE REPLACED BEFORE NEXT FLIGHT"

Jabiru states that they don't use the exact fittings mentioned in the Bulletin but uses the same materials in a similar manner therfore it is applicable to Jabirus.

http://www.jabiru.net.au/service-bulletins

Make sure you have this inspection carried out before your next flight.

Safe Flying
JabSP6
dak
Power on stall
Closest Airfield: Panorama

JSL008-1_Valve_Spring_Washer_Wear

Unread post by dak » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:33 pm

Hi Guys
Very interesting service letter - relates to dusty environments causing havoc with valve spring washers.
Cheers
DAK
JSL008-1_Valve_Spring_Washer_Wear.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ZU-MEL
wynand
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand
Closest Airfield: FAHT
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 28 times

Unread post by wynand » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:14 am

Thanks, dak!
And ensure that the filter element seals properly in its box. Check that air cannot bypass the element.
"Rule books are paper. They will not cushion a sudden meeting of stone and metal." -Ernest K. Gann
Karamba
Aircraft in Hangar

Unread post by Karamba » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:47 pm

Does not make sense. How much dirt must enter to get to the washer? The oil must be clean sand/grinding paste and how does the sleeves, pistons, rings, bearings, oil pump etc look before the washer collapses :shock: :shock:
dak
Power on stall
Closest Airfield: Panorama

Unread post by dak » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:07 pm

Hi
The two aircraft that suffered this fate were training aircraft at Rhino park when is had a gravel runway.
Way more than average time on a dusty gravel runway.
Maybe other parts of the engine have a higher oil flow which is the filtered, more of a cleaning effect ?
Have not heard of any other cases ?
Cheers
Dak
ZU-MEL
Len alford
Avionics Master On

Unread post by Len alford » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:56 am

good morning all

a new service letter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
henk-indabush
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand
Closest Airfield: Swakopmund

Unread post by henk-indabush » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:58 am

Thanks Len, it does make perfect sense, odds are that if one leg has got visible damage, the other will also have, even if invisible. Although I would have liked to keep the old ones. As a momento in the pub or somewhere. But rules are rules. :(
"Circumstances doth not maketh the man, it reveals him" James Allen
FLIGHT_STICK

Unread post by FLIGHT_STICK » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:16 pm

ZuluBen wrote:Thanks Pete, much appreciated!

I believe especially the 4 cylinder engines used in training schools are more affected.

Interesting to note the recomendation to rather have a "cruise climb" setting, with more speed and less rate of climb to assit with cooling, and also interesting to note their recommendation that during climb higher RPM is preferrable, as it places less stress on the engine.

Its has been discovered that my Jab did not have this done. Is it normal to have the rings replaced as well as this is whats happening on my J400.
ZuluBen
Six Tousand
Six Tousand
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by ZuluBen » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:05 pm

Trough bolt replacement is a must.

Keeping the engine at higher RPM (Cruise climb) not only gets you quicker to your destination, but puts less stress on the engine, as it does not "Labour" (low RPM at Wide Open Throttle (WOT)

Will also keep your CHT's cooler 8)

I dont think that this could have had an effect on the rings, but being a J400 the rings in your engine is probably a bit old, and it would make sense to replace them, as the barrels have to come off in any case. Bit silly not to do rings if the barrels are off :wink:
FLIGHT_STICK

Unread post by FLIGHT_STICK » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:24 pm

ZuluBen wrote:Trough bolt replacement is a must.

Keeping the engine at higher RPM (Cruise climb) not only gets you quicker to your destination, but puts less stress on the engine, as it does not "Labour" (low RPM at Wide Open Throttle (WOT)

I dont think that this could have had an effect on the rings, but being a J400 the rings in your engine is probably a bit old, and it would make sense to replace them, as the barrels have to come off in any case. Bit silly not to do rings if the barrels are off :wink:

Great thanks understand now. Sorry this is all very new for me , huge learning curve. Motor is +- 350 hrs since new.
pietmeyer
1k poster
1k poster
Closest Airfield: FAWB
Been liked: 13 times

Unread post by pietmeyer » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:02 am

Flight_Stick

Dis you replace the rings on your J400? I just did mine at 370 hours and now the alternator wires burnt :shock: Now with the new rings the plane has much more ompressions and flies like a dream. Now to get the alternator and charge thing sorted. Seems I even have to get a new battery and the battery I had was only 3 months old
ZU-DUU Jabi J400 (FAWB)
wynand
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand
Closest Airfield: FAHT
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 28 times

Unread post by wynand » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:50 pm

Not a service bulletin, but a published procedure for putting those pesky CHT probes in a better place:

http://www.jabiru.net.au/images/AVDALSR ... or_mod.pdf
Image2.jpg
"Rule books are paper. They will not cushion a sudden meeting of stone and metal." -Ernest K. Gann
FLIGHT_STICK

Unread post by FLIGHT_STICK » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:11 pm

FLIGHT_STICK wrote:
ZuluBen wrote:Trough bolt replacement is a must.

Great thanks understand now. Sorry this is all very new for me , huge learning curve. Motor is +- 350 hrs since new.

After a meeting with Len at Jabiru today, I now have a very good understanding of what is required to get my Jabi flying again. Lack of communication and Lack of understanding is a B****CH. Thanks Len.... :D

Return to “Jabiru”