Wanted Share in Cheetah

The versatile 3-axis Microlight from Rainbow Aircraft, manufactured completetly in South Africa.

Moderator: Moderators

VornStar
Engine Started
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Wanted Share in Cheetah

Unread post by VornStar » Thu May 13, 2010 6:37 am

Hello Cheeterers;0),

I used to have my own cheetah but made the mistake of moving to tin aeries, I am really interested in any Cheetah syndiacates out there or even starting my own.

Anyone have any interest or leads?

Cool.

V.
Big Al
Engine Started

Re: Wanted Share in Cheetah

Unread post by Big Al » Thu May 13, 2010 10:42 am

Where are you?
JOJO
Preflighting

Unread post by JOJO » Thu May 13, 2010 10:30 pm

VornStar, I might be interested but I have a strong need for it to be based at Petit airfield... would that be convenient for you
Hennie van Zyl

Unread post by Hennie van Zyl » Fri May 14, 2010 5:24 am

Talk to Andy at Petit. He wants to sell one of his Cheetah's
VornStar
Engine Started

Unread post by VornStar » Mon May 17, 2010 9:33 am

I have a hangar at Summit Airfield near Blue Hills/Grand Central best location 10mins from Fourways....currrently occupied by a ThunderBird which looks like it has been sold, looking to fill the space with said Cheetah, anyone keen?

V. :shock:
rod smith

Unread post by rod smith » Mon May 17, 2010 8:15 pm

VornStar wrote:Hello Cheeterers;0),

I used to have my own cheetah but made the mistake of moving to tin aeries, I am really interested in any Cheetah syndiacates out there or even starting my own.

Anyone have any interest or leads?

Cool.

V.
Vornstar, Good luck. It seemed to me each time I tried to form a syndicate over the years to be a hugely difficult job. All I can say to any others out there looking at this thread is that if you got into this syndicate you would have no "sonde met die bure" at all. Go for it. (Sorry to hear, Vornstar, that the blik venture did not light up your world.) I am still a believer in having a share in a blik as well as in something like the Cheetah - the position I am lucky enough to find myself in - not that I can afford it.

Rod Smith
VornStar
Engine Started

Unread post by VornStar » Mon May 17, 2010 11:05 pm

I still have the share in the 182 however since I joined I have flown 12 hrs in a year and have spent over 100K excluding the cost of the share! Cracked Crankcase, bullshitted about things that were done that weren't etc etc.......Can't believe the nonsense that goes on in the so called 'Certified' aircraft world. Funny. :shock:

I can only take solace in the fact that the Cheetah exists and i now that there is value for money flying out there.!

V.
rod smith

Unread post by rod smith » Tue May 18, 2010 8:42 pm

Yip! I think we were bullsh!tted about the Cheetah, too, in that we hadn't had it all that long (having bought it at 73 hours) when the engine had to be opened as half of the cylinders, i.e. one, had lost compression. It seemed to have been "cooked" at some stage. So it had to be opened and have a bit of work done, including new rings, gaskets, etc. Total cost was just over R5 000. Now there's the difference between NTCA and the rest.

Rod Smith
rod smith

Unread post by rod smith » Tue May 18, 2010 8:51 pm

PS to above post.

Apologies V Star! I didn't express my sympathies at what you walked into. I had hoped that you were headed for good times. Sorry to hear that it has not been plain sailing. Rod

Return to “Cheetah”