SOME FEEDBACK

The versatile 3-axis Microlight from Rainbow Aircraft, manufactured completetly in South Africa.

Moderator: Moderators

Hennie van Zyl
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

SOME FEEDBACK

Unread post by Hennie van Zyl » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:28 am

Now 28 hrs on Hobbs with Mr Cheetah. At first I was a bit dubious and doubtful about the
Cheetah- mainly because it looks ugly to me. The closer you look, the uglier it gets. It's
that method of Trylam covering with the bootlaces- That's just a personal opinion.

BUT........

I have never, but never, flown anything that is such a pleasure to fly. It does just about
everyting good: It flies good, landing and takeoffs are good, ground handling is good and
above all: it handles turbulence and wind absolutely fantastic.

Biggest fault: They should put a handle near that tail of the taildragger version as it is
a pain to move in and out the hangar. A great earie! =D>
rod smith

Re: SOME FEEDBACK

Unread post by rod smith » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:56 pm

Bravo, Senor!

Ours is a nose-wheel version, but I agree with you about a handle of sorts. Pulling her around would be easier. When I querried this with Vladimir, he simply grabbed the two cables that secure the vertical tale fin and pulled it around like that, but he did hold onto both.

Rod Smith
Rave
Pre-take off checks

Unread post by Rave » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:56 pm

Howzit Hennie/others of this clan,

When I first thought of building/buying, this was what i wanted. But consedering long term trylam vs aluminium, what would be the possitives of owning this aerie vs specifically the savannah XL? Same price, simmilar performance etc, Why this aircraft and not Savannah XL? Is it purely a matter of choice? And please keep it factual without slating products, we know how it can get on this site [-X

Regards,

Deon.
Hennie van Zyl

Unread post by Hennie van Zyl » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:18 am

Rave wrote:Howzit Hennie/others of this clan,

When I first thought of building/buying, this was what i wanted. But consedering long term trylam vs aluminium, what would be the possitives of owning this aerie vs specifically the savannah XL? Same price, simmilar performance etc, Why this aircraft and not Savannah XL? Is it purely a matter of choice? And please keep it factual without slating products, we know how it can get on this site [-X

Regards,

Deon.
Deon. I have some time on the Savannah. It is a great aerie. The only reason I chose the
Cheetah, was because of Factory backup at Springs, the Cheetah has much more space
and the most important was that the Savannah I flew, indicated 75-80mph in cruise while
the Cheetah cruises 105mph at cruise revs.

Repair of Trylam is easier than metal. You should fly them both. Dit is maar 'n
persoonlike keuse. Daar is beslis geen fout met die Savannah.

Groete
Rave
Pre-take off checks

Unread post by Rave » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:28 am

Bankie Hennie, dit maak sin. Alhoewel ek dink die nuwe VG Savannah cruise nou bietjie vinneger as die slatted weergawe.
rod smith

Unread post by rod smith » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:55 am

Have never flown the Savannah. What decided us on the Cheetah was as much the price and availability at the time. The aerie had 70 hours total time, was close to new, had most of the extras and was priced right. If it's there, buy it.

Rod Smith
Rave
Pre-take off checks

Unread post by Rave » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:28 am

You So right Rod. Both the Savannah and Cheetha advertised on this forum are now sold. both were great buys at the prices that they were sold at. I snoozed and lost!

Deon.

Return to “Cheetah”