582 Cheetah second hand price

The versatile 3-axis Microlight from Rainbow Aircraft, manufactured completetly in South Africa.

Moderator: Moderators

George
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

582 Cheetah second hand price

Unread post by George » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:25 am

I have a mate who may be in market to either sell or upgrade a 582. What is second hand cheetah 582 market like? Is it better to sell and buy a 912 or rip engine out and do "upgrade" yourself?

Thumb suck.
Sale price maybe R200K vs new 912 for R150K + labour. If you can resell the 582 then you almost square but plenty effort?

What you guys rekon? Sell or convex to 912?

Excuse my ingnorance, but only thing I know about CHeetah's is I LUV the Taillie.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Stephan van Tonder
1k poster
1k poster
Closest Airfield: Petit
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 9 times

Re: 582 Cheetah second hand price

Unread post by Stephan van Tonder » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:26 am

George I think that is going to depend on which cheetah he has and how old it is. If it is an XLS with Trilam then it's worth a bit and probably worth doing the upgrade. If it's the old wing and it's Dacron then perhaps he will be better off selling it and buying a new one with the 912s already installed. The best would be to contact the factory - they have a formula for calculating their 2nd hand value and you must take the current half dead market in account too although cheetahs don't seem to stay on the for sale board for long.

Return to “Cheetah”