SIZE OF THE COCKPIT

The versatile 3-axis Microlight from Rainbow Aircraft, manufactured completetly in South Africa.

Moderator: Moderators

P.E.
Pre-take off checks

SIZE OF THE COCKPIT

Unread post by P.E. » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:09 pm

Who is the tallest pilot that flies a Cheetah? And if I may ask how tall. I am 6'6 and would like to know what the chances are of fitting in one.
Walid
1k poster
1k poster
Closest Airfield: FALA

Re: SIZE OF THE COCKPIT

Unread post by Walid » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:38 am

P.E. wrote:Who is the tallest pilot that flies a Cheetah? And if I may ask how tall. I am 6'6 and would like to know what the chances are of fitting in one.
Get a Savannah...
P.E.
Pre-take off checks

Unread post by P.E. » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:42 pm

I have tried a Savannah for size but there is a cross bar , for a lack of a better word, above my head that is just in the wrong place!
Hansgiant
Engine full power confirmed
Closest Airfield: Stellenbosch

Unread post by Hansgiant » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:34 pm

I am 6'6" tall or 1m 97 and fly an RV12. With the seat fully back very comfortable.

Take a look!
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. - George Bernard Shaw.
John Boucher
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Closest Airfield: Mossel Bay - FAMO

Unread post by John Boucher » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:25 pm

Man... go fly a Cheetah! All these okes trying to tell you something else - the proof of the pudding is in the testing!! :)
My apologies if my spellchecker or grammatical error checker lets me down - no one is perfect!
freeflyrush
Engine Still Cranking

Unread post by freeflyrush » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:49 pm

Im 6'5 and i managed to get in a cheetah. Quite comfortably. Just a test flight though.
I fly an RV12 normally and that is very comfortable for a big guy like me, I have more leg room in the RV than in a sling but the sling has more space between the pilot an pax so feels alot wider.
I'm not scared of dying, i'm scared of not living!
John Boucher
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Closest Airfield: Mossel Bay - FAMO

Unread post by John Boucher » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:43 pm

Thank you freeflyrush for sharing... Now P.E. has a better idea of the variations :-)
My apologies if my spellchecker or grammatical error checker lets me down - no one is perfect!

Return to “Cheetah”