Aviation Trivia, Jokes & Humour

Moderator: Moderators

John Young
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: Craig Municipal Airfield

Classic Trump

Unread post by John Young » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:54 pm

Hi,

I find it ironic that Germany imports most of its natural gas from Russia through a lengthy pipeline in the Baltic Sea.

Yet, they still only pay 1.2% of their GDP to NATO and ask the US to cover their back when it comes to Russia.

Regards
JY
Now N457YJ
vanjast
Airborne from Unmanned field
Closest Airfield: 200

Re: Classic Trump

Unread post by vanjast » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:17 pm

Germany can choose where they want to buy their products, which has nothing to do with their Nato expenditure.
Besides it's better to get on with your neighbours in mutual trade, as this lessens the threat of any sort.
John Young
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: Craig Municipal Airfield

Classic Trump

Unread post by John Young » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:47 pm

Hi vanjast,

True. Germany also imports 31.5% of their oil from Russia.

This on top of its gas imports at 38% from Russia.

Add to this the open border fiasco and then consider why questions are being asked.

Warm regards
JY
Now N457YJ
Harm
Engine Cranking
Closest Airfield: Toulouse

Unread post by Harm » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:10 pm

John Young wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:54 pm
Hi,

I find it ironic that Germany imports most of its natural gas from Russia through a lengthy pipeline in the Baltic Sea.

Yet, they still only pay 1.2% of their GDP to NATO and ask the US to cover their back when it comes to Russia.

Regards
JY

A lot of people find your questions Ironic - as you seem to lack any insight or understanding of the matters you comment on.

Germany imports around 38 to 50% of it's gas (depends on demand) through the Baltic Pipeline / at a cost of around 8.6 Billion per annum. Now that suddenly makes them dependent / and it is a political issue ??
Would you also like to state the alternatives they have please.

As for "working with Russia"
The USA imported from Russia to the extent of 7 Billion US$ in the first 5 months of 2018 alone
Russia was the United States 18th largest supplier of goods imports.
The five largest import categories in are : Mineral Fuel (oil), Iron and Steel, Inorganic Chemical (enriched uranium), Fertilizers, and Precious Stones (platinum).

As for increasing the expenditure for NATO - your President wants it now - as he wants orders for the Military hardware industry in the USA (they are struggling if you had not noticed.). But the sentiment in the EU (and at a place I work) is starting to sway to "lets make the EU great again as well" so the consensus - hopefully - will become to spend the money here - in Europe - and get the EU industry to make all the equipment for the defense industry. Let's see how that works. No orders for Northrop / or any more F35's from the good old USA - but nice aircraft from European suppliers Gripen / Eurofighter ??

Now please - enough is enough.
Wait for Steve to make a post and you can agree - clap your hands and be patriotic - but try to refrain from making silly - unfounded and singular statement posts - which you do not comprehend yourself.

Have a lovely day.

MODS !! - you need to address this !!
Who needs Google.... My wife knows everything already .. :wink:
vanjast
Airborne from Unmanned field
Closest Airfield: 200

Unread post by vanjast » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:23 am

John Young wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:47 pm
Hi vanjast,

True. Germany also imports 31.5% of their oil from Russia.

This on top of its gas imports at 38% from Russia.

Add to this the open border fiasco and then consider why questions are being asked.

Warm regards
JY
I think they're unrelated issues.. The Russians have a distinct dislike to the African/Middle Eastern 'invaders'. DT also has an issue with this, so both are most likely pressurising the weak Merkel gov. I see Brexit as the first major 'blocking maneuver' on open borders and the UK is always 'in bed' with the US. Nato is most likely a DT diversion played onto Germany as I'm sure the US and Russia, although so called rivals, are working together on a common cause in the EU. The US and USSR have had many behind the scenes deals in the past.

To me this is the retaliation to the attempted New One World (NOW) strategy, that is now backfiring on it's 'liberal' proponents.
The NOW strategy has always been a totally stupid idea as they simply forgot why countries came into existence in the first place - People mainly want to live with their own/similar kind.

Oh... MODS don't have to do anything here.. Censorship because you cannot handle argument is a sign of autocracy, the trade mark of liberals. :twisted:
Steve
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand
Closest Airfield: Wings Park

Unread post by Steve » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:35 am

Harm wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:10 pm

MODS !! - you need to address this !!
Moderators Message:
Nothing needed to be addressed here - we are all entitled to our opinions - even if it might include incorrect facts sometimes - moderation according to the T&C's will intervene if there are direct personal attacks on another individuals character. Open and diverse opinion debate is encouraged as long as it remains civil.

So.... some very interesting stuff to watch last night from the Nato meetings, etc....
l'll let the picture below speak for itself (or himself :wink: =D> )
trump.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steve Onions

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein
Harm
Engine Cranking
Closest Airfield: Toulouse

Unread post by Harm » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:05 am

Steve wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:35 am
Moderators Message:
Nothing needed to be addressed here - we are all entitled to our opinions - even if it might include incorrect facts sometimes - moderation according to the T&C's will intervene if there are direct personal attacks on another individuals character. Open and diverse opinion debate is encouraged as long as it remains civil.
Steve,

Mr Young has been excelling at trolling - inserting one liners only serving to provoke, and calling everything he does not understand or like - or does not suit his political agenda - fake news, thereby distorting every thread to garbage.

If that is the type of participant that Avcom wishes to entertain - (or perhaps you cherish because he agrees with everything you state) good luck to you. You can close my account as per immediate, as it is an environment I am not comfortable with - as quite a few others that have left over the last few months.

Who needs Google.... My wife knows everything already .. :wink:
HJK 414
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand
Closest Airfield: EHTW

Unread post by HJK 414 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:09 am

Harm wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:05 am
Steve wrote:
Moderators Message:
Steve,

Mr Young has been excelling at trolling - inserting one liners only serving to provoke, and calling everything he does not understand or like - or does not suit his political agenda - fake news, thereby distorting every thread to garbage.

If that is the type of participant that Avcom wishes to entertain - (or perhaps you cherish because he agrees with everything you state) good luck to you. You can close my account as per immediate, as it is an environment I am not comfortable with - as quite a few others that have left over the last few months.

+ 1

I am done with Avcom as well.
The standard has become lower than acceptable.
And by the look of it - the rot starts at the top.

JK
Can the magic of Flight ever be carried by words ....
cage
Seven Thousand
Seven Thousand
Closest Airfield: FAGC

Unread post by cage » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:13 am

HJK 414 wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:09 am
Harm wrote:
Steve wrote:
Moderators Message:
Steve,

+ 1

JK
Exactly.
Terms address trolling by causing disharmony and it's hard to take many of the posts on this thread seriously as the intent is not to discuss.
Sadly the behavior is condoned by green men at the top and that culture is ruining this forum by discouraging intelligent debate leaving a handful of narrow-minded people to agree with themselves.
Avcom is a shadow of what it once was.
Steve
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand

Unread post by Steve » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:17 am

Harm wrote:
Steve wrote:
Moderators Message:
Steve,

Harm, we have one set of rules that applies to all. There are many views and one liners that I do not agree with in many topics, but I'm open to free debate. My suggestion to you is rather focus on rhetoric or topics that you feel comfortable with and ignore individuals they you do not wish to engage dialogue with - that is your right. I don't agree that just because someone supports an opposing view with passion, they should be deemed a Troll. In the case of Mr Young, he currently resides in the USA and therefore his perspective might differ drastically from us who live elsewhere and I read his enthusiasm as patriotic.

On 123.45, AVCOM allows "pub talk" topics which are not necessarily aviation related. My debates with you have been to express my views only - not to convince you to change your mindset about Trump, but to have an interesting conversation.
Steve Onions

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein
Steve
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand

Unread post by Steve » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:27 am

cage wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:13 am

Sadly the behavior is condoned by green men at the top and that culture is ruining this forum by discouraging intelligent debate leaving a handful of narrow-minded people to agree with themselves.
Avcom is a shadow of what it once was.
Cage, that is really unfair. If you read most of my posts here, you would see that they have been put together with considered opinion and encourage intelligent debate. For the record, the green men at the top don't run this forum - all moderator's work to a concise set of guidelines - such guidelines have been in place for many years unchanged.

You are getting it completely wrong about "narrow minded people to agree with themselves" - I challenge you to show me where Avcom has ever suppressed freedom of thought or any view being expressed. Personal attacks, no matter who makes them are not condoned.

I carry different views from many on this particular chat, but I challenge you to show me where any of my discussion could be viewed as a "personal attack" - you need to distinguish between opinion and personal attack.
Steve Onions

Steve
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand

Unread post by Steve » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:29 am

HJK 414 wrote:

+ 1

JK
:shock: I haven't been called "Rot" before [-(
Surely you are open to reasonable debate with opposing views? :shock:
Steve Onions

Fransw
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand
Closest Airfield: Pretoria

Unread post by Fransw » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:34 am

You guys are getting too involved here! :lol:

Relax, go for a jog, begin a hobby or read a hardcopy book. The cyber bug is sucking you in! :shock:
heinrich
1k poster
1k poster
Closest Airfield: EGSX

Unread post by heinrich » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:55 am

Steve wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:29 am
HJK 414 wrote:

+ 1

JK
:shock: I haven't been called "Rot" before [-(
Surely you are open to reasonable debate with opposing views? :shock:
There's the catch. I don't think anyone here minds an opposing view, that's how we learn and grow as people. The issue is people throwing in sniping one-liners that are so far removed from the truth that it's laughable. Then when they are 'corrected' or shown the actual stats it's ignored and the next little one-liner with more untruth follows. That - in my view - adds zero value to a thread and is not called a debate.

I think coming down on the mods for this are a bit harsh. There is the "foe" button which is far more effective and you have control over it. Works a charm.

I'm really torn between something: Is our troll a 13 year-old ADHD pimply faced youth with an endless supply of RedBull, or an OAP who cannot remember what his computer is for every time he gets up from a Fox news commercial?
cage
Seven Thousand
Seven Thousand
Closest Airfield: FAGC

Unread post by cage » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:06 am

heinrich wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:55 am
There's the catch. I don't think anyone here minds an opposing view, that's how we learn and grow as people. The issue is people throwing in sniping one-liners that are so far removed from the truth that it's laughable. Then when they are 'corrected' or shown the actual stats it's ignored and the next little one-liner with more untruth follows. That - in my view - adds zero value to a thread and is not called a debate.

I think coming down on the mods for this are a bit harsh. There is the "foe" button which is far more effective and you have control over it. Works a charm.
Nail on the head.
This is a discussion platform yet we have people that don't want to discuss, they just broadcast and frequently incorrect stuff at that.
This isn't unique to 12345, you see it on other threads especially ones that touch on anything to do with a government entity.
We have had many robust debates on this forum and often came out to a constructive place.
This isn't.
Mods have told us to just ignore those noisy types as the view will never change - but what is the point of that?
Condone those that don't want to debate and encourage those that do not to bother?
Complete sense.
Opposing views are a good thing but the issue at hand is not opposing views, it's people that are unable to have a reasonable debate - something that has been allowed to grow. Culture starts at the top and imho mods are part and parcel of letting this happen.

Steve, I was not targeting you directly nor saying you made personal attacks, it was a broad comment about the state of the nation.
I do completely disagree with the statement made in the moderation box - moderation here (avcom) has always had bias and has been selective, if this wasn't the case the CAA wouldn't have spanked your collective bottoms.
Anyway, I promised myself that I would not get involved in this nonsense again. I naively think that people may have a mini-moment of enlightenment but we all know that will never happen.
I will quietly retire to the recesses.
*click*

(btw you can't "foe" a mod in case you were wondering)

Return to “123.45”