Aviation Trivia, Jokes & Humour

Moderator: Moderators

Marius Schrenk
Niner Tousand
Niner Tousand
Closest Airfield: 300m from home

Re: Kelloggs SA, what are you doing?!

Unread post by Marius Schrenk » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:06 pm

I used to eat only Woolies double thick yogurt for bfast. Until my aviation Dr (my age) explained to me that my stiff back is in fact gout.I then realized that my knees are also packing up when I took in to much yogurt. Took me some time to work out that yogurt is actually preserved by lactic acid. Stopped eating it....back much better.....knees normal. :idea:
Politics attracts crooks and lawyers,most of the time its the same person.
Washout
Aircraft in Hangar
Closest Airfield: FAOR

Unread post by Washout » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:50 pm

Marius Schrenk wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:06 pm
Took me some time to work out that yogurt is actually preserved by lactic acid. Stopped eating it....back much better.....knees normal. :idea:
I think you'll find that yoghurt is not preserved with lactic acid because lactic acid is not a preservative. At most lactic acid lowers pH to retard the growth of yeasts and moulds. Potassium Sorbate (Sorbic acid) is normally the preservative of choice...
SaraLima
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Closest Airfield: FASH and Morningstar

Unread post by SaraLima » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:02 pm

Yoghurt is loaded with lactic acid - Yogurt is a product of the acidic fermentation of milk. The lactose in the milk is converted to lactic acid, which lowers the pH. ... The production of lactic acid forms the basic structure and texture of yogurt.

Not good for you if you are prone to Gout, RLS or leg cramps.
There are three simple rules for making a perfect landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are.
I was flying in uniform when you were still in liquid form :wink:
Marius Schrenk
Niner Tousand
Niner Tousand

Unread post by Marius Schrenk » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:09 pm

Washout wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:50 pm
Marius Schrenk wrote:
Took me some time to work out that yogurt is actually preserved by lactic acid. Stopped eating it....back much better.....knees normal. :idea:
I think you'll find that yoghurt is not preserved with lactic acid because lactic acid is not a preservative. At most lactic acid lowers pH to retard the growth of yeasts and moulds. Potassium Sorbate (Sorbic acid) is normally the preservative of choice...
:shock: :shock:
richard C
8000 Tousand
8000 Tousand
Closest Airfield: FAGM

Unread post by richard C » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:16 pm

!!!

I have been banting for the last couple of years (100kg to 77, so reasonably successful).

Breakfast is nuts in greek yoghurt. Do lots of swimming training and some running - and presently struggling with aches and pains. As a longtime tee-totaller, I would not have guessed that the yoghurt may be the cause of the joint niggles !! :shock:
Grant all equity and dignity.
Monzeglio Cook + Gibson Architects
Whirly
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Closest Airfield: Ermelo

Unread post by Whirly » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:20 pm

richard C wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:16 pm
!!!

I have been banting for the last couple of years (100kg to 77, so reasonably successful).

Breakfast is nuts in greek yoghurt. Do lots of swimming training and some running - and presently struggling with aches and pains. As a longtime tee-totaller, I would not have guessed that the yoghurt may be the cause of the joint niggles !! :shock:
It isn't......................................it's the stuff I gave your wife to put in your food. :twisted:

Whirly.
Jacobus Adriaan
(FSS,SSAW,NSC)
Of all things in life I have lost,I think I miss my mind the most!!
One of very few people never to have posted anything under the "NO" topic!!
I live by Hook's law........he said Murphy was an optimist!!
Whirly
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Closest Airfield: Ermelo

Unread post by Whirly » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:23 pm

Marius Schrenk wrote:
I used to eat only Woolies double thick yogurt for bfast. Until my aviation Dr (my age) explained to me that my stiff back is in fact gout.I then realized that my knees are also packing up when I took in to much yogurt. Took me some time to work out that yogurt is actually preserved by lactic acid. Stopped eating it....back much better.....knees normal. :idea:
Jy weet hulle het destyd blou fieterjoel in jou koffie gegooi toe jy in die Weermag was..................................wel, dit begin nou te werk! :twisted: :lol: :lol:

Whirly.
Jacobus Adriaan
(FSS,SSAW,NSC)
Of all things in life I have lost,I think I miss my mind the most!!
One of very few people never to have posted anything under the "NO" topic!!
I live by Hook's law........he said Murphy was an optimist!!
richard C
8000 Tousand
8000 Tousand
Closest Airfield: FAGM

Unread post by richard C » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:24 pm

Whirly wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:20 pm
richard C wrote:
!!!

It isn't......................................it's the stuff I gave your wife to put in your food. :twisted:

Whirly.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: still with that !!!

I sleep fine at night: I told her you were a helicopter pilot, she was instantly cured. If that hadn't worked, I was going to tell her you sell Toyota's. :lol: :lol:
Grant all equity and dignity.
Monzeglio Cook + Gibson Architects
V5 - LEO
Fife Thousand feet
Fife Thousand feet
Closest Airfield: FYWH

Unread post by V5 - LEO » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:54 pm

richard C wrote:
!!!

Breakfast is nuts . ......
:lol: :lol: now I figured out why we are at times having trouble with you, well congrats on the weight loss, takes effort I know, every time somebody loses their I manage to find it :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
In God I trust. The masses are never right, the minority are sometimes right, but the truth is always right.
“One good teacher in a lifetime may sometimes change a delinquent into a solid citizen.” — Philip Wylie
Marius Schrenk
Niner Tousand
Niner Tousand

Unread post by Marius Schrenk » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:20 pm

Whirly wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:23 pm
Marius Schrenk wrote:
Jy weet hulle het destyd blou fieterjoel in jou koffie gegooi toe jy in die Weermag was..................................wel, dit begin nou te werk! :twisted: :lol: :lol:

Whirly.
Ikhona....daai ding het nie gewrigte nie. :wink:
Marius Schrenk
Niner Tousand
Niner Tousand

Unread post by Marius Schrenk » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:21 pm

richard C wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:24 pm
Whirly wrote:
richard C wrote:
!!!

Whirly.

I sleep fine at night: I told her you were a helicopter pilot, she was instantly cured. If that hadn't worked, I was going to tell her you sell Toyota's. :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: =D> =D>
Marius Schrenk
Niner Tousand
Niner Tousand

Unread post by Marius Schrenk » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:25 pm

richard C wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:24 pm
Whirly wrote:
richard C wrote:
!!!

Whirly.

Apparently woman subconsciously look for partners with "good" genes to mate with......I guess a above average IQ is part of "good genes"....but I suspect you do not need to tell her that. :idea: :roll: :wink:
Washout
Aircraft in Hangar

Unread post by Washout » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:05 pm

SaraLima wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:02 pm
Yoghurt is loaded with lactic acid - Yogurt is a product of the acidic fermentation of milk. The lactose in the milk is converted to lactic acid, which lowers the pH. ... The production of lactic acid forms the basic structure and texture of yogurt.

Sorry to be pedantic. Yoghurt is the product of bacterial fermentation of lactose whereby lactic acid along with a range of other acids including butyric acid, is produced utilising specific (and legislated) bacteria. No such thing as acidic fermentation.
Marius Schrenk
Niner Tousand
Niner Tousand

Unread post by Marius Schrenk » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:19 pm

Washout wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:05 pm
SaraLima wrote:

Sorry to be pedantic. Yoghurt is the product of bacterial fermentation of lactose whereby lactic acid along with a range of other acids including butyric acid, is produced utilising specific (and legislated) bacteria. No such thing as acidic fermentation.
If my first year organic chemistry is not letting me down.....Butyric acid gives things a rotten smell and taste.?....like in rancid....goor.
Washout
Aircraft in Hangar

Unread post by Washout » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:22 pm

Marius Schrenk wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:19 pm
Washout wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:05 pm
SaraLima wrote:

If my first year organic chemistry is not letting me down.....Butyric acid gives things a rotten smell and taste.?....like in rancid....goor.
Yes. Butyric acid is found in cheese. Not quite rancid but certainly a " smelly socks" profile. Rancidity is a different thing totally and involves the oxidation of fats.

Return to “123.45”