Gun Licence issue

Aviation Trivia, Jokes & Humour

Moderator: Moderators

Goffel
1k poster
1k poster

Re: Gun Licence issue

Unread post by Goffel » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:34 pm

I have the new plastic licence with no expiry date on it.
I got involved in a shooting when they tried breaking into my house and stealing my bakkie about 2 months back.
The SAP looked at my licence and was quite happy with the licence.... He did comment on the "no expiry", but was fine about it.
Goffel.
snoopy
Flaps set for Take off
Closest Airfield: FASH

Unread post by snoopy » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:15 pm

Goffel wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:34 pm
I have the new plastic licence with no expiry date on it.
:?: :twisted: :lol:
Vivere come se mai dovessimo morire
snoopy
Flaps set for Take off

Unread post by snoopy » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:49 pm

Maybe I must build an Ark - my green license reprints (old Act licenses) have eventually arrived. :lol: #-o
Jean Crous
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Closest Airfield: FASX

Unread post by Jean Crous » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:23 pm

snoopy wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:49 pm
Maybe I must build an Ark - my green license reprints (old Act licenses) have eventually arrived. :lol: #-o
Slaan my dood met n slap snoek :shock: :shock: ek glo dit amper nie. IEMAND doen sy/haar werk !
J
What happens to one does not matter, how one deals with it does!
Bushbaby S/N 002 (taildragger)
Powered by Revmaster R2300 direct-drive
ZU-ANI
snoopy
Flaps set for Take off

Unread post by snoopy » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:00 pm

I've clipped out the extra details - but you can read the full media report on GOSAs site...
MEDIA STATEMENT
For immediate release.
17 October 2018

"Wednesday a draft amendment bill to the firearms control act was released.

In essence what the draft amendment bill sets to achieve is the following:

All green licenses, which have been found by the courts to be valid for life WILL HAVE TO MOVE OVER to the white licensing system with the additional restrictions.

Section 13 and 14 are repealed. This means that self-defense is no longer a valid reason for owning a firearm"

PP Chairperson, Gun Owners South Africa

Paul Oxley.

ENDS

Best regards

Tim Flack
Media liaison

Section 13 and 14 are repealed. <- This is totally insane....and I'm saying this as a "retired" soldier with war experience in Africa.
flysouth
1k poster
1k poster
Closest Airfield: FAGC

Unread post by flysouth » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:19 pm

I received this today by e-mail. Looks like the government has gone to war with gun-owners!!

2018-10-17

MEDIA STATEMENT
For immediate release.

17 October 2018

Tim Flack 0606054562

SAPS ARE ATTEMPTING TO REMOVE SELF DEFENSE AS A REASON TO OWN A FIREARM.

Once again SAPS leadership has proven that they are not serious about the lives of citizens in South Africa. On Wednesday a draft amendment bill to the firearms control act was released. We have perused the document and are absolutely outraged at this development.

Section 13 and 14 are repealed. This means that self-defense is no longer a valid reason for owning a firearm, infringing on every South Africans' right to life. A maximum of two (2) handguns for S16 (dedicated sports shooter), and a maximum of eight (8) firearms in total. You will need a medical certificate for applications, which means a breach of the constitutional rights of citizens right to privacy, opening them up to discrimination. All green licenses, which have been found by the courts to be valid for life will have to move over to the white licensing system with the additional restrictions. The establishment of a ballistics database; knowing well ballistic testing has proven to be ineffective. Muzzleloaders are now treated like all other firearms and all semi-auto shotgun and rifles are now going to monumentally more difficult to obtain.

The major concern we have is the right to life of law-abiding citizens. Crime is escalating at an alarming rate, whereby the criminals perpetrating these crimes are becoming increasingly violent. Taking away a means to effectively defend oneself will see to an increase in violent crimes committed against all South Africans, this cannot be allowed to happen.

We urge all law-abiding legal gun owners of South Africa to write to the chairperson of the Police Portfolio Committee, Mr. Francois Beukman expressing your dissatisfaction at this preposterous and uncalled for attack on your right to life, and the ability to protect yourself against the crime infestation we all face on a daily basis. fbeukman@parliament.gov.za

Now is not a time to roll over -- in feeding the crocodile hoping to save your own life, you will only be eaten last. This is the time to stand up and fight for your rights, not sit back and accept this. We urge all gun owners to join us in this fight.

Paul Oxley.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/gunownerssa/
Our website is at http://www.gunownerssa.org This message sponsored
by http://holyhandgrenade.co.za/ -- cheap gun storage in Cape Town
RiNCEw1ND
Flaps set for Take off
Closest Airfield: OR Tambo International

Unread post by RiNCEw1ND » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:32 pm

flysouth wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:19 pm
I received this today by e-mail. Looks like the government has gone to war with gun-owners!!

2018-10-17

MEDIA STATEMENT
For immediate release.

17 October 2018

Tim Flack 0606054562

Once again SAPS leadership has proven that they are not serious about the lives of citizens in South Africa. On Wednesday a draft amendment bill to the firearms control act was released. We have perused the document and are absolutely outraged at this development.

Section 13 and 14 are repealed. This means that self-defense is no longer a valid reason for owning a firearm, infringing on every South Africans' right to life. A maximum of two (2) handguns for S16 (dedicated sports shooter), and a maximum of eight (8) firearms in total. You will need a medical certificate for applications, which means a breach of the constitutional rights of citizens right to privacy, opening them up to discrimination. All green licenses, which have been found by the courts to be valid for life will have to move over to the white licensing system with the additional restrictions. The establishment of a ballistics database; knowing well ballistic testing has proven to be ineffective. Muzzleloaders are now treated like all other firearms and all semi-auto shotgun and rifles are now going to monumentally more difficult to obtain.

The major concern we have is the right to life of law-abiding citizens. Crime is escalating at an alarming rate, whereby the criminals perpetrating these crimes are becoming increasingly violent. Taking away a means to effectively defend oneself will see to an increase in violent crimes committed against all South Africans, this cannot be allowed to happen.

We urge all law-abiding legal gun owners of South Africa to write to the chairperson of the Police Portfolio Committee, Mr. Francois Beukman expressing your dissatisfaction at this preposterous and uncalled for attack on your right to life, and the ability to protect yourself against the crime infestation we all face on a daily basis. fbeukman@parliament.gov.za

Now is not a time to roll over -- in feeding the crocodile hoping to save your own life, you will only be eaten last. This is the time to stand up and fight for your rights, not sit back and accept this. We urge all gun owners to join us in this fight.

Paul Oxley.

From what email address did you receive this? I am trying to find out more. I can only find one news article on politicsweb referencing this. Does anybody have a link to the actual bill?
Only
Steep Turn Left
Closest Airfield: FALA

Unread post by Only » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:45 pm

RiNCEw1ND wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:32 pm
flysouth wrote:

2018-10-17

MEDIA STATEMENT
For immediate release.

17 October 2018

Tim Flack 0606054562

Paul Oxley.

From what email address did you receive this? I am trying to find out more. I can only find one news article on politicsweb referencing this. Does anybody have a link to the actual bill?
I hope this works.

https://lookaside.fbsbx.com/file/Annexu ... efiPi5QjXw
flysouth
1k poster
1k poster

Unread post by flysouth » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:56 pm

RiNCEw1ND wrote:
flysouth wrote:

2018-10-17

MEDIA STATEMENT
For immediate release.

That is from Gun Owners SA as stated on the bottom and it has been confirmed by Dianne Kohler Barnard of the DA in her post on Facebook today. It seems from what she says it is a leaked document but does actually contain the draft stated.
RiNCEw1ND
Flaps set for Take off
Closest Airfield: OR Tambo International

Unread post by RiNCEw1ND » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:04 pm

flysouth wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:56 pm
RiNCEw1ND wrote:
flysouth wrote:

2018-10-17

MEDIA STATEMENT
For immediate release.

That is from Gun Owners SA as stated on the bottom and it has been confirmed by Dianne Kohler Barnard of the DA in her post on Facebook today. It seems from what she says it is a leaked document but does actually contain the draft stated.
I see so. Yet still can't seem to find a link to see it with my own eyes, please do post if you find it. I guess I just don't want it to be true either ;) I foresee massive backlash on this one however if it is true!

What I meant is did it ACTUALLY come from them. I can say anything is from anywhere in an email. But I see they've been punting it on their Facebook page.

I'll be keeping a keen watch out on this one.

Edit: I see we've got a link above, thanks!
flysouth
1k poster
1k poster

Unread post by flysouth » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:07 pm

RiNCEw1ND wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:04 pm
flysouth wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:56 pm
RiNCEw1ND wrote:

I see so. Yet still can't seem to find a link to see it with my own eyes, please do post if you find it. I guess I just don't want it to be true either ;) I foresee massive backlash on this one however if it is true!

What I meant is did it ACTUALLY come from them. I can say anything is from anywhere in an email. But I see they've been punting it on their Facebook page.

I'll be keeping a keen watch out on this one.

Edit: I see we've got a link above, thanks!
I am a member of the GOSA FB group and their mailing list - that is where I see this stuff. But it may also be on their website too!

This being a leak which has revealed this declaration of war you probably will not see anything about it in the media.
snoopy
Flaps set for Take off

Unread post by snoopy » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:24 pm

Its available for download online - the draft proposed Bill that was leaked into public domain today.

It points to the intent of the author of the draft Bill...

You can get the PDF format from MJ Hood & Associates Attorneys FB page.
kwest
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: FAGC + FALA

Unread post by kwest » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:52 pm

The overwhelming majority of licensed firearm owners in SA reflect the overall demographic in proportion. This is not a anti white thing. Just saying...
Keith Stannard.

"I've got wild staring eyes. And I've got a strong urge to fly. But I got nowhere to fly to."
vildwillie
ATC Delay
Closest Airfield: Noth

Unread post by vildwillie » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:55 pm

snoopy wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:24 pm
Its available for download online - the draft proposed Bill that was leaked into public domain today.

Guys this is rubbish ok it was rejected and it's just the media doing its thing it was a pipe dream form a political stance
Don't concern yourself with sensational media by reacting your doing what they set out to achieve...
flysouth
1k poster
1k poster

Unread post by flysouth » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:53 pm

vildwillie wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:55 pm
snoopy wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:24 pm

Guys this is rubbish ok it was rejected and it's just the media doing its thing it was a pipe dream form a political stance
Don't concern yourself with sensational media by reacting your doing what they set out to achieve...
No. It is an alarm bell going off - maybe there is a nasty fire or maybe not but either way the fire engine better start it's engine and the crew get aboard!

Return to “123.45”