Ugly Duckling
Fife Thousand feet
Fife Thousand feet
Closest Airfield: Brakpan Benoni FABB
Has liked: 225 times
Been liked: 149 times

Re: End of e-tolls?

Unread post by Ugly Duckling » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:01 am

You can get onto the N12 at Edenvale and drive to Jet Park without passing a gantry. There are many sections which are not tolled which is effectively unfair.
It would have been better to have 2 lane gantries at each on & off ramp than the monsters across the highways.
Paul Sabatier EAA Ch 575, SSSA, ERGC, ERFC, AeroClub
Long time Cygnet builder
The object is to fly, it does not matter what the object is!
Jack Welles
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand
Closest Airfield: FACT
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 110 times

Unread post by Jack Welles » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:11 am

Ugly Duckling wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:01 am
You can get onto the N12 at Edenvale and drive to Jet Park without passing a gantry. There are many sections which are not tolled which is effectively unfair. It would have been better to have 2 lane gantries at each on & off ramp than the monsters across the highways.
Haven't seen them myself, but I always understood the principle behind toll roads was that there should always be an alternative route, albeit less attractive, eg, longer or narrower etc etc.

As an aside: the taxation fundis find nothing wrong with the user pays (an indirect tax) principle but it should be utilised to reduce direct taxation, not as an alternative method of screwing more money out of the public at large.
Jack Welles (thriller_author pen name)
https://www.amazon.com/Jack-Welles/e/B073VJQTTX
Eddie Haynes-Smart
Textbook - "The Lore of Negotiation"
http://www.loreofnegotiation.com
heinrich
1k poster
1k poster
Closest Airfield: EGSX
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by heinrich » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:38 am

This is simply a smaller version of the Russian nuclear deal that died a still birth. A little taste of what would have happened...
BigglesSA
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by BigglesSA » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:40 am

Jack Welles wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:03 pm
The real reason, I believe, is because they can't blacklist anyone on a Sanral court unpaid default judgment with the credit bureau. Which removes from them a most potent weapon.

The courts have ruled that a Sanral judgment doesn't meet the definition in the NCA Act for blacklisting the defendant on credit bureau, because it's that Act that authorises such listings and the Sanral judgments don't fall under the NCA Act.

Just a theory, but I like it :lol:
No theory!
You cannot be blacklisted for non payment if you have not agreed contractually to an agreed amount and term. Insurance is different but your cover will just expire. Surprised to read about the Outsurance black listing. Must have been a collecting contractor that bought the bad book or something like that.
Groetnis
Francois Gouws
Jack Welles
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand
Closest Airfield: FACT
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 110 times

Unread post by Jack Welles » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:52 pm

:D given certain responses I think I need to clarify something with regard to "my theory".

I wasn't talking about the legalities affecting blacklisting (they are, after all, kind of obvious) but the effect the court decision had on Sanral's backing off on issuing summonses. My theory was that that court decision about blacklisting played into the decision Sanral made about stopping issuing summonses.
Jack Welles (thriller_author pen name)
https://www.amazon.com/Jack-Welles/e/B073VJQTTX
Eddie Haynes-Smart
Textbook - "The Lore of Negotiation"
http://www.loreofnegotiation.com

Return to “123.45”