Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 67 times

Re: Emigration options

Unread post by Marius Schrenk » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:41 pm

Fransw wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:54 am
paulw wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:33 pm
Could it be that the figures of at least the Middle East are "inflated" due to the fact that it is not possible or maybe difficult in some of those countries to get citizenship?
Effectively everybody stays foreigners?
I think most of the population of UAE are foreigners.
True, almost impossible to get citizenship in the mid east countries. 25 years residence, fluent in Arabic, understanding of the Muslim religion and traditions, etc etc..Only then can you apply for citizenship!
Must be why all their Kings come and retire here.....cant be for our camels. :wink: :roll:
Politics attracts crooks and lawyers,most of the time its the same person.
Fransw
Fife Thousand feet
Fife Thousand feet
Closest Airfield: Pretoria
Has liked: 214 times
Been liked: 80 times

Unread post by Fransw » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:14 pm

Marius Schrenk wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:41 pm
Fransw wrote:
paulw wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:33 pm
Could it be that the figures of at least the Middle East are "inflated" due to the fact that it is not possible or maybe difficult in some of those countries to get citizenship?
Effectively everybody stays foreigners?
I think most of the population of UAE are foreigners.
True, almost impossible to get citizenship in the mid east countries. 25 years residence, fluent in Arabic, understanding of the Muslim religion and traditions, etc etc..Only then can you apply for citizenship!
Must be why all their Kings come and retire here.....cant be for our camels. :wink: :roll:
Marius, look at this historic photo of Pope Francis(no its not me!) in Abu Dhabi! Last week I think.

Now I have seen everything!..
unnamed-5.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Marius Schrenk
Niner Tousand
Niner Tousand
Closest Airfield: 300m from home
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 67 times

Unread post by Marius Schrenk » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:58 pm

Fransw wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:14 pm
Marius Schrenk wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:41 pm
Fransw wrote:

Marius, look at this historic photo of Pope Francis(no its not me!) in Abu Dhabi! Last week I think.

Now I have seen everything!..

unnamed-5.jpg
The Pope would not pose for such a photo in the Saudi embassy of Turkey. 8-[
Politics attracts crooks and lawyers,most of the time its the same person.
paulw
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand
Closest Airfield: Galway Airport
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 32 times

Unread post by paulw » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:02 am

Unverified, copied from another group:

Might help someone who wants to try and join RAF as a pilot or some other job function.
I apologise for highjacking this page but have some information that may be off assistance to some of you and help get you into the UK. Foreign nationals will be allowed to join the British army despite never having lived in the country, ministers will reveal as part of plans to help stem a worsening recruitment crisis in the armed forces.

The Ministry of Defence is expected to announce on Monday that it will no longer require those joining the armed services from Commonwealth countries such as Australia, India, Canada, Kenya and Fiji to have lived in Britain for five years.

Under the policy, recruits will be considered for all forces including the Royal Navy and the RAF, with applications opening in early 2019. It is hoped the changes will lead to an extra 1,350 people joining every year. The army will begin the admissions process from early next year, while the navy and RAF will start immediately. Applications from citizens of countries outside the Commonwealth will not be accepted.

Jun 1, 1994 - South Africa returns to the Commonwealth fold. SOUTH AFRICA will rejoin the Commonwealth today, 33 years and a day after the British monarch ceased to be the country's head of state.

https://apply.army.mod.uk/roles
Don't believe what I post, research what I post....
They have a book on how to take my money away? When did this happen......
Jack Welles
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand
Closest Airfield: FACT
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 191 times

Unread post by Jack Welles » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:00 am

paulw wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:02 am
I apologise for highjacking this page but have some information that may be off assistance to some of you and help get you into the UK. Foreign nationals will be allowed to join the British army despite never having lived in the country, ministers will reveal as part of plans to help stem a worsening recruitment crisis in the armed forces. TRIMMED FOR BREVITY
Jun 1, 1994 - South Africa returns to the Commonwealth fold. SOUTH AFRICA will rejoin the Commonwealth today, 33 years and a day after the British monarch ceased to be the country's head of state. https://apply.army.mod.uk/roles
This is what I've heard as well.

It's also amazing in a country with a population of +-66 mill they can't find an extra 1 350 recruits per year. The young folk just aren't interested in the military any more.

Neat way to immigrate to the UK if you can't otherwise get in because of rules or finances. Bit like the French Foreign Legion used to be (still is?) and getting a French passport.
Jack Welles (thriller_author pen name)
https://www.amazon.com/Jack-Welles/e/B073VJQTTX
Eddie Haynes-Smart
Textbook - "The Lore of Negotiation"
http://www.loreofnegotiation.com
Fransw
Fife Thousand feet
Fife Thousand feet

Unread post by Fransw » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:27 am

Interesting article about financial emigration and expat tax for South Africans:
https://www.thesouthafrican.com/financi ... 2019_02%20
Falafel
Incipient Spin
Closest Airfield: FALA_LCY
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 69 times

Unread post by Falafel » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:53 am

Jack Welles wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:00 am
The young folk just aren't interested in the military any more.
I honestly think that the UK has become spoilt with many young folks comfortable just to scrape by... I dont think its just the military per se... think many young folks in the UK simply dont have to work as hard, or work, like their grandparents and parents did.

Rather sad state of affairs when you consider the vote for Brexit, and now the country has to look abroad for people to defend the country... let alone work within it!

Major disconnect IMHO for a country that wants its cake and wants to eat it :!:
Fransw
Fife Thousand feet
Fife Thousand feet

Unread post by Fransw » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:41 pm

This is the reality if you are considering emigration:
chartoftheday_16902_places_where_it_s_hardest_to_afford_a_home_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fransw
Fife Thousand feet
Fife Thousand feet

Unread post by Fransw » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:44 pm

More on property..
chartoftheday_4618_the_most_expensive_m2_of_prime_property_in_the_world_n.jpg
cabeng
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand
Closest Airfield: Rotorua -NZRO
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by cabeng » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:46 pm

Fransw wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:44 pm
More on property..

I have never stayed in Capetown . But is it true that a decent 177m2 home in a good area will cost around R14 bar?

I live and own a home in bay of plenty ( nr 8 on your list) . Very nice home in a very good area and yes it was not cheap but certainly not unaffordable on a tradesman's wage , my point being that the list may be true but definitely does not give the full picture and my opinion is this:
Here in NZ 50% of my wage goes to my bond/mortgage. The balance we budget and live our lives well . In SA 30% of my wage went to bond/mortgage, 15% went to medical Aid . 10% to private school feel and 5 % to armed response and insurance . The balance we budgeted and lived our lives ( above figures are only approximate but het my point accros)
These users liked the author cabeng for the post:
Rotor kop
Clearly Weekends are made in china . They simply dont last !
Jack Welles
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand
Closest Airfield: FACT
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 191 times

Unread post by Jack Welles » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:25 pm

Fransw wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:44 pm
More on property..uote=cabeng post_id=2023165 time=1551977195 user_id=18951]
I have never stayed in Capetown . But is it true that a decent 177m2 home in a good area will cost around R14 bar?
That list is a very broad brushstrokes approach. But at the top end (parts of the "Atlantic Coast") a flat (apartment) will cost easily 50% more than that (based on the price per sq). That part of CT is the playground of the very, very, very, very rich and famous ...
Jack Welles (thriller_author pen name)
https://www.amazon.com/Jack-Welles/e/B073VJQTTX
Eddie Haynes-Smart
Textbook - "The Lore of Negotiation"
http://www.loreofnegotiation.com
paulw
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand
Closest Airfield: Galway Airport
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 32 times

Unread post by paulw » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:59 am

I normally take these figures with a pinch of salt. You need to go to the Real Estate websites and compare properties for sale and see what you can get for your money depending on the area (suburbs) etc to get a more realistic picture.
For example property outside of Tokyo is affordable and comparable and sometimes cheaper than Australia or New Zealand.
Then if you buy cash then it is also a different story than buying on a homeloan,
Taking cash from SA and buy a house in say Australia will be expensive in Rand terms but buying on a homeloan could be equivalent to SA monthly repayments due to lower interest rates. Basically what Cabeng is saying as well.
Don't believe what I post, research what I post....
They have a book on how to take my money away? When did this happen......
snoopy
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: FASH
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 96 times

Unread post by snoopy » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:11 pm

cabeng wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:46 pm
cheap but certainly not unaffordable on a tradesman's wage , my point being that the list may be true but definitely does not give the full picture and my opinion is this:
Here in NZ 50% of my wage goes to my bond/mortgage. The balance we budget and live our lives well . In SA 30% of my wage went to bond/mortgage, 15% went to medical Aid . 10% to private school feel and 5 % to armed response and insurance . The balance we budgeted and lived our lives ( above figures are only approximate but get my point across)
Now this post should become a sticky post on this topic...you nailed it right there. =D>

A 200m2 home in CPT could cost you R8.9 bar or it could cost you R500 000. Depending on the suburb.
Vivere come se mai dovessimo morire
rainier
1k poster
1k poster
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 63 times

Unread post by rainier » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:47 pm

Been in Oz not long ago and did look at property prices from Hobart to Melbourne to Sydney - just for interest sakes, not in the market there at all.

The graphic posted is pretty accurate in my view. If you budget double what you would pay here you would get a comparable house in Oz. Depends a bit on region, Sydney is the most expensive but Melbourne not far behind. Hobart not that bad.
Once you get into the top areas in Sydney prices are again quite comparable with say Clifton and Llandudno and the price difference is actually less from what I have seen.
Still - eye watering prices but I suppose it's so hot in that place no tears can form...
Who said the sky is the limit ? I think not.
vanjast
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: 200
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 20 times

Unread post by vanjast » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:02 am

Judging from here (Ireland), the property price ratios (Salaries and Distance from city centres) looks to be on a par with ZA.
It's the same story.. be selective and analyse the political and municipality development plans, before you commit.

Return to “123.45”