Moderator: Moderators

hugo_visser
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 34 times

Re: Emigration options

Unread post by hugo_visser » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:33 pm

Well, after a 3 month visit to NZ. Meat, same prices as in SA, Tyres, bread,diet coke, some tinned food, eggs, chocolate, some fruits ( bananas....) Same.
My wife said she could see a marked increase in SA food prices in the 3 months.
Electricity cheaper, car and house insurance cheaper, security much cheaper.
Housing a problem and much deerer in certain cities.
Diesel = same, Petrol still a little cheaper in SA.
Traffic much better with nearly no robots, millions of round about's
Did 20 online AA exams for level 5 drivers license( code 14 ) $ 20. Just pitch, no appointment, 45 min later NZ temp drivers license issued and credit card drivers license 4 days later in the post box.
Permission to buy house, new rules, 1 week, house transfer 4 days, and move in. Power ( electricity ) 1 phone call and 1 e mail, sorted.
Napier= Durban beachfront 1980 with black beach sand. Will easily move there.
Papamoa= Margate beachfront 1980, house prices in that area went up 20 % 2016/2017 8 th most expensive place to buy property in the world.
Do shopping at pack and save( pick and pay) forget to lock your car, no problem, some guys even just leave the windows open, key in the ignition, just close the car door and go shopping.
50 % of the time go to sleep wit the sliding door wide open, never mind locked.
Parsels left on the porch by delivery service will stay there.
Natural resources, much less than SA. Country management top notch.
Anyway that was my experience so far. Bought a property with a LZ in the back garden, if it is less than 7 take offs and landings per month.
Next goal- to find bucks for fuel to fly.

Houses/properties sell faster than what you can look at them. Photos on adds for properties very deceiving.
Hugo.
vanjast
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: 200
Been liked: 19 times

Unread post by vanjast » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:31 pm

Ahhhhh!!, a civilised world... such a pleasure :lol:
paulw
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand
Closest Airfield: Wonderboom
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by paulw » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:18 pm

hugo_visser wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:33 pm
Well, after a 3 month visit to NZ. Meat, same prices as in SA, Tyres, bread,diet coke, some tinned food, eggs, chocolate, some fruits ( bananas....) Same.
My wife said she could see a marked increase in SA food prices in the 3 months.
Electricity cheaper, car and house insurance cheaper, security much cheaper.
Housing a problem and much deerer in certain cities.
Diesel = same, Petrol still a little cheaper in SA.
Traffic much better with nearly no robots, millions of round about's
Did 20 online AA exams for level 5 drivers license( code 14 ) $ 20. Just pitch, no appointment, 45 min later NZ temp drivers license issued and credit card drivers license 4 days later in the post box.
Permission to buy house, new rules, 1 week, house transfer 4 days, and move in. Power ( electricity ) 1 phone call and 1 e mail, sorted.
Napier= Durban beachfront 1980 with black beach sand. Will easily move there.
Papamoa= Margate beachfront 1980, house prices in that area went up 20 % 2016/2017 8 th most expensive place to buy property in the world.
Do shopping at pack and save( pick and pay) forget to lock your car, no problem, some guys even just leave the windows open, key in the ignition, just close the car door and go shopping.
50 % of the time go to sleep wit the sliding door wide open, never mind locked.
Parsels left on the porch by delivery service will stay there.
Natural resources, much less than SA. Country management top notch.
Anyway that was my experience so far. Bought a property with a LZ in the back garden, if it is less than 7 take offs and landings per month.
Next goal- to find bucks for fuel to fly.

Houses/properties sell faster than what you can look at them. Photos on adds for properties very deceiving.
Hugo.
Sounds great Hugo!
Very similar experience here in Ireland. Police don't even carry guns over here.
Except converting licenses take about 2-3 weeks here while you talk about 4 days.

Post delivered 1-2 days after posted, etc.

You are talking about keys in ignition. I was at a filling station the other day and went inside to pay (like they do here, you do the filling yourself and then go in and pay) and went outside. So I see this car with engine running but no driver or anyone else inside the car. The guy just stopped and left car running while going inside the shop :shock:
To much for my weary SA heart :lol:

Apparently the postman here will go into your house and leave a parcel in the kitchen if you are not at home or inside your unlocked car as they don't want your parcel to get wet if it rains.

O yes, Inflation was 0,7% in July last year
Don't believe what I post, research what I post....
They have a book on how to take my money away? When did this happen......
paulw
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand

Unread post by paulw » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:25 am

Hugo, whats the weather like for flying and temperatures and wind?
Here in Ireland it is a pilots nightmare. The wind is is almost always blowing, just change direction every now and then. :shock: :lol:
Like now, blue skies, but wind howling....

If there are clear skies, no rain, no wind, then everybody run for their planes like years ago the racing drivers ran to their cars for a race (24 hour Le Mans). :twisted:
Fransw
Fife Thousand feet
Fife Thousand feet
Closest Airfield: Pretoria
Has liked: 185 times
Been liked: 69 times

Unread post by Fransw » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:29 am

paulw wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:25 am
Here in Ireland it is a pilots nightmare. The wind is is almost always blowing, just change direction every now and then. :shock: :lol:

If there are clear skies, no rain, no wind, then everybody run for their planes like years ago the racing drivers ran to their cars for a race (24 hour Le Mans). :twisted:
Paul, why don't you take up katesurfing in the North Sea! :shock:
hugo_visser
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand

Unread post by hugo_visser » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:35 pm

So far, normal every day flying, every now and then rain for a day or two, will see once we start flying.
cabeng
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand
Closest Airfield: Rotorua -NZRO
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by cabeng » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:43 pm

Weather in NZ is a pilots dream mostly . Cold winters but windless (yes it can rain for days at times . But many many windless blue sky days) summer is warmer but then the wind blows but nothing major , the only down side is many areas have foggy mornings but those areas are isolated and only usally stretch a few km . GA is very alive and well here
Clearly Weekends are made in china . They simply dont last !
hugo_visser
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand

Unread post by hugo_visser » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:47 pm

Hi Alex, so why are you not sleeping ?? Playing with the models ?
Hugo.
HJK 414
Fife Thousand feet
Fife Thousand feet
Closest Airfield: EHTW
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 258 times

Unread post by HJK 414 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:57 pm

vanjast wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:31 pm

Yes,

It is sometimes the small things that matter.
Leaving your keys in the car at a servo is standard here in Spain as well.
I would not even consider taking them out or locking the car.

I park in town and leave the windows open - why not ?
Walking through town late at night / after dinner or on the boardwalk next to the sea - without a concern - it is something that is deemed "normal". The "skewed" behaviour that we see when we visit SA always amazes us.

I drove from Xalo last week via the inland road at about 10 at night and saw a elderly gentleman with a flat tyre on the side of the road. Stopped / helped him change his wheel and then continued home …… I think no one would stop in SA at night.

Our Postman will happily walk into the property and leave a package for us in the small summerhouse we have in the garden.
It is indeed a civilized world and one wonders why that is no longer possible in SA, I could not live in such an environment any more.

JK
These users liked the author HJK 414 for the post (total 2):
paulwUgly Duckling
The wisest mind has something yet to learn. ...
Fransw
Fife Thousand feet
Fife Thousand feet

Unread post by Fransw » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:12 pm

HJK 414 wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:57 pm
vanjast wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:31 pm

Yes,

It is sometimes the small things that matter.
Leaving your keys in the car at a servo is standard here in Spain as well.
I would not even consider taking them out or locking the car.

I park in town and leave the windows open - why not ?
Walking through town late at night / after dinner or on the boardwalk next to the sea - without a concern - it is something that is deemed "normal". The "skewed" behaviour that we see when we visit SA always amazes us.

I drove from Xalo last week via the inland road at about 10 at night and saw a elderly gentleman with a flat tyre on the side of the road. Stopped / helped him change his wheel and then continued home …… I think no one would stop in SA at night.

Our Postman will happily walk into the property and leave a package for us in the small summerhouse we have in the garden.
It is indeed a civilized world and one wonders why that is no longer possible in SA, I could not live in such an environment any more.

JK
JK, look here. Spain is actually doing very well compare to other traditional top first world countries. And by the look of it better than many traditional top countries..
(Yes I know its only stats, but it gives a good indication)
unnamed-6.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Marius Schrenk
Niner Tousand
Niner Tousand
Closest Airfield: 300m from home
Has liked: 107 times

Unread post by Marius Schrenk » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:28 pm

:shock: You are a bunch of old farts :wink: Who want's to live under such boring conditions?? We need our adrenaline fix hourly. Its also interesting to get up in the morning and see if and what of your belongings has not been "redistributed" .....its in anyhow a bargain to get through the night.....So I'm ready for my day's fix of adrenaline.....just quickly put my 9mm back next to the 12 gauge in the safe....then off to PnP for the Sunday Crimes...who knows I might even make it back without a scratch....but then I have to digest the paper....all love and neighbourly friendship. :roll: (its election year after all ) Then this afternoon we would do some fence inspection(before night fall) to fix and meant last nights damage (yes I know its Sunday). Hell I love living here...never a dull moment.....you can keep your boring countries.....I was born for EFFrica.....just this week I added two rooms,a bathroom and a lekker stoop (90 m2) without a plan or any involvement from my bankrupt mislikepaliteit,to a house (under there noses).....and a "professional" hunter and his French client shot a wounded buffalo bul from a R44.....no questions asked....I absolutely love this place. =D> =D>
These users liked the author Marius Schrenk for the post:
Fransw
Politics attracts crooks and lawyers,most of the time its the same person.
Fransw
Fife Thousand feet
Fife Thousand feet

Unread post by Fransw » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:40 pm

Marius Schrenk wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:28 pm
:shock: You are a bunch of old farts :wink: Who want's to live under such boring conditions?? We need our adrenaline fix hourly. Its also interesting to get up in the morning and see if and what of your belongings has not been "redistributed" .....its in anyhow a bargain to get through the night.....So I'm ready for my day's fix of adrenaline.....just quickly put my 9mm back next to the 12 gauge in the safe....then off to PnP for the Sunday Crimes...who knows I might even make it back without a scratch....but then I have to digest the paper....all love and neighbourly friendship. :roll: (its election year after all ) Then this afternoon we would do some fence inspection(before night fall) to fix and meant last nights damage (yes I know its Sunday). Hell I love living here...never a dull moment.....you can keep your boring countries.....I was born for EFFrica.....just this week I added two rooms,a bathroom and a lekker stoop (90 m2) without a plan or any involvement from my bankrupt mislikepaliteit,to a house (under there noses).....and a "professional" hunter and his French client shot a wounded buffalo bul from a R44.....no questions asked....I absolutely love this place. =D> =D>
True! Africa is the last free continent in the world..
Marius Schrenk
Niner Tousand
Niner Tousand
Closest Airfield: 300m from home
Has liked: 107 times

Unread post by Marius Schrenk » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:54 pm

Fransw wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:40 pm
Marius Schrenk wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:28 pm
True! Africa is the last free continent in the world..
:lol: :lol: But you need the right attetude.....and a sense of humor. :wink:
These users liked the author Marius Schrenk for the post:
HJK 414
Politics attracts crooks and lawyers,most of the time its the same person.
Fransw
Fife Thousand feet
Fife Thousand feet

Unread post by Fransw » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:28 pm

True again! :lol:
paulw
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand

Unread post by paulw » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:15 pm

Fransw wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:29 am
paulw wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:25 am

Paul, why don't you take up katesurfing in the North Sea! :shock:
:lol: :lol: Don't know where I will end up ....they do Kitesurfing in the Netherlands, don't know if they do here....

Return to “123.45”