Emigration options

Aviation Trivia, Jokes & Humour

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
paulw
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand
Posts: 4273
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:48 pm
Closest Airfield: Wonderboom
Location: Wonderboom
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 7 times

Re: Emigration options

Unread post by paulw » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:17 pm

hugo_visser wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:35 pm
So far, normal every day flying, every now and then rain for a day or two, will see once we start flying.
Do you think it will be like that in winter too?
Here it is winter so I am waiting anxiously to see what summer will bring.

I see in the weather forecast that next weekend will be nice flying weather but then I will be in SA for a week.
(But still need to convert my PPL in anyway, some hoops to jump through...)
.
Don't believe what I post, research what I post....
They have a book on how to take my money away? When did this happen......
User avatar
paulw
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand
Posts: 4273
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:48 pm
Closest Airfield: Wonderboom
Location: Wonderboom
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 7 times

Re: Emigration options

Unread post by paulw » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:20 pm

cabeng wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:43 pm
Weather in NZ is a pilots dream mostly . Cold winters but windless (yes it can rain for days at times . But many many windless blue sky days) summer is warmer but then the wind blows but nothing major , the only down side is many areas have foggy mornings but those areas are isolated and only usally stretch a few km . GA is very alive and well here
The GA don't seem to be very active here probably due to the weather.....
.
Don't believe what I post, research what I post....
They have a book on how to take my money away? When did this happen......
User avatar
Marius Schrenk
Niner Tousand
Niner Tousand
Posts: 9621
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:34 pm
Closest Airfield: 300m from home
Location: Inni skadu van n kameeldoringboom.
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 11 times

Re: Emigration options

Unread post by Marius Schrenk » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:05 pm

paulw wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:20 pm
cabeng wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:43 pm
Weather in NZ is a pilots dream mostly . Cold winters but windless (yes it can rain for days at times . But many many windless blue sky days) summer is warmer but then the wind blows but nothing major , the only down side is many areas have foggy mornings but those areas are isolated and only usally stretch a few km . GA is very alive and well here
The GA don't seem to be very active here probably due to the weather.....
45 pages later.....now this. :shock:
Politics attracts crooks and lawyers,most of the time its the same person.
User avatar
Fransw
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand
Posts: 4792
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:22 pm
Closest Airfield: Pretoria
Location: Pretoria
Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 34 times

Re: Emigration options

Unread post by Fransw » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:22 pm

Marius Schrenk wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:05 pm
paulw wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:20 pm
cabeng wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:43 pm
Weather in NZ is a pilots dream mostly . Cold winters but windless (yes it can rain for days at times . But many many windless blue sky days) summer is warmer but then the wind blows but nothing major , the only down side is many areas have foggy mornings but those areas are isolated and only usally stretch a few km . GA is very alive and well here
The GA don't seem to be very active here probably due to the weather.....
45 pages later.....now this. :shock:
Werk saam! Moenie die ouens nou moedeloos maak nie! :oops:
User avatar
paulw
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand
Posts: 4273
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:48 pm
Closest Airfield: Wonderboom
Location: Wonderboom
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 7 times

Re: Emigration options

Unread post by paulw » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:10 am

Ja Marius, luister na Frans :lol:
I think the summer will be flying weather, there are a few clubs and schools but I just don't know how active they really are.
I drive past Galway Airport everyday and saw a Cessna once or twice in the circuit.

Also I am living in the west where there is a lot more rain and wind than eastern side.

I think it will be similar to the Netherlands when I did some glider flying and when winter comes, then the gliders get put away in the hangers for the winter and they do some maintenance and start flying again start of summer.
Same with yachts which get taken out of the water over winter.

But then I can just hop over to Spain and do some flying there or visit Neville in Hungary. :D

However, the one forum similar to Avcom I could fine is really dead and I don't see any flying magazine on the shelves but these were smaller shops anyway. Still need to find a bigger shop where I might find some UK magazines (if any). I believe there are no Irish magazines.

There will be a big airshow here in Bray in July.
http://brayairdisplay.com/
https://www.facebook.com/BrayAirDisplay
.
Don't believe what I post, research what I post....
They have a book on how to take my money away? When did this happen......
User avatar
Jack Welles
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand
Posts: 3057
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:15 pm
Closest Airfield: FACT
Location: Muizenberg
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 64 times

Re: Emigration options

Unread post by Jack Welles » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:44 am

I think the guys should definitely keep posting info on their new homes, wherever they may be. Really interesting stuff =D>

Also wish all, and their families, good luck going forward. Hope everything works out lekker just as planned or even better! \:D/
These users liked the author Jack Welles for the post (total 3):
Franswcabengpaulw
Jack Welles (thriller_author pen name)
https://www.amazon.com/Jack-Welles/e/B073VJQTTX
Eddie Haynes-Smart
Textbook - "The Lore of Negotiation"
http://www.loreofnegotiation.com
User avatar
Fransw
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand
Posts: 4792
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:22 pm
Closest Airfield: Pretoria
Location: Pretoria
Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 34 times

Re: Emigration options

Unread post by Fransw » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:59 am

Jack Welles wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:44 am
I think the guys should definitely keep posting info on their new homes, wherever they may be. Really interesting stuff =D>

Also wish all, and their families, good luck going forward. Hope everything works out lekker just as planned or even better! \:D/
Yes, this is one of my favourite threads. Not because I want to pack up and leave, but because its very interesting like you mentioned!

Keep on posting guys!..
User avatar
snoopy
Power off stall
Posts: 334
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:02 pm
Closest Airfield: FASH
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 3 times

Re: Emigration options

Unread post by snoopy » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:21 am

If your objective was to move to AUS, maybe now is an opportune time to go.

Image
Vivere come se mai dovessimo morire
User avatar
paulw
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand
Posts: 4273
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:48 pm
Closest Airfield: Wonderboom
Location: Wonderboom
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 7 times

Re: Emigration options

Unread post by paulw » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:26 am

Jack Welles wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:44 am
I think the guys should definitely keep posting info on their new homes, wherever they may be. Really interesting stuff =D>

Also wish all, and their families, good luck going forward. Hope everything works out lekker just as planned or even better! \:D/
Yes, so far working as planned and expected. I had no illusions that it will be perfect but happy with our as family decision and just a shame things didn't work out so we can come sooner.
I think I will live here a few years and then retire in Spain or Italy but we will see.
.
Don't believe what I post, research what I post....
They have a book on how to take my money away? When did this happen......
User avatar
Fransw
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand
Posts: 4792
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:22 pm
Closest Airfield: Pretoria
Location: Pretoria
Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 34 times

Re: Emigration options

Unread post by Fransw » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:34 pm

paulw wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:26 am
Jack Welles wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:44 am
I think the guys should definitely keep posting info on their new homes, wherever they may be. Really interesting stuff =D>

Also wish all, and their families, good luck going forward. Hope everything works out lekker just as planned or even better! \:D/
Yes, so far working as planned and expected. I had no illusions that it will be perfect but happy with our as family decision and just a shame things didn't work out so we can come sooner.
I think I will live here a few years and then retire in Spain or Italy but we will see.
Sounds good! Now tell us more about the real important things in life like the Irish beer and babes?..

Do they really like to party all the time?
images-1.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
paulw
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand
Posts: 4273
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:48 pm
Closest Airfield: Wonderboom
Location: Wonderboom
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 7 times

Re: Emigration options

Unread post by paulw » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:38 pm

Fransw wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:34 pm

Sounds good! Now tell us more about the real important things in life like the Irish beer and babes?..

Do they really like to party all the time?

images-1.jpeg
Wouldn't know. I won't dare to go these joints without my wife :twisted:


I do see a lot of pubs all over the place though.

Was in one last week with colleagues for a few drinks and then to a restaurant.
There were lots of people and packed and all ages in the pub and restaurant.
.
Don't believe what I post, research what I post....
They have a book on how to take my money away? When did this happen......
User avatar
paulw
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand
Posts: 4273
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:48 pm
Closest Airfield: Wonderboom
Location: Wonderboom
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 7 times

Re: Emigration options

Unread post by paulw » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:54 pm

.
Don't believe what I post, research what I post....
They have a book on how to take my money away? When did this happen......
User avatar
paulw
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand
Posts: 4273
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:48 pm
Closest Airfield: Wonderboom
Location: Wonderboom
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 7 times

Re: Emigration options

Unread post by paulw » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:56 pm

I live out in the country outside Galway. One house on the one side, sheep on three sides :D
house4.jpg
house3.jpg
house2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
These users liked the author paulw for the post:
Fransw
.
Don't believe what I post, research what I post....
They have a book on how to take my money away? When did this happen......
hugo_visser
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand
Posts: 3526
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:16 pm
Location: Petit Airport FARA ( Benoni )
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 27 times

Re: Emigration options

Unread post by hugo_visser » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:48 am

Nice.
User avatar
richard C
8000 Tousand
8000 Tousand
Posts: 8597
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:02 pm
Closest Airfield: FAGM
Location: Joeys
Has liked: 75 times
Been liked: 59 times

Re: Emigration options

Unread post by richard C » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:51 am

Wow !
Grant all equity and dignity.
Monzeglio Cook + Gibson Architects

Return to “123.45”