Moderator: Moderators

Jel
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: FALA
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: The kak gift thread

Unread post by Jel » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:46 pm

Not a kak gift I think... my children love to travel... every year I give either of them the option to choose where to (annual holiday)... sometimes overseas sometimes locally... (budget depending) we have been to some strange places but also some very nice ones... we are going to spend the money anyway and this way gives the Christmas gift an "experience slant" rather than stuff they never use... and the whole family benefits...

Usually don't spend money on Christmas gifts so something small in addition goes with the air tickets to give to the family...
V5 - LEO
Six Tousand
Six Tousand
Closest Airfield: FYWH
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 56 times

Unread post by V5 - LEO » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:57 pm

....a kak gift is - fake people - rather get me something plastic from the till at the garage to show you care, than giving me a flip in your new car or invite to cruise on your boat just to show off - I hate fake plastic people :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
In God I trust. The masses are never right, the minority are sometimes right, but the truth is always right.
“One good teacher in a lifetime may sometimes change a delinquent into a solid citizen.” — Philip Wylie
rainier
1k poster
1k poster
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 49 times

Unread post by rainier » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:26 pm

Letter opener...

(I suspect it was passed on, at least I was considering doing that...)
Who said the sky is the limit ? I think not.
cage
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Closest Airfield: FAGC
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 303 times

Unread post by cage » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:26 pm

V5 - LEO wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:57 pm
....a kak gift is - fake people - rather get me something plastic from the till at the garage to show you care, than giving me a flip in your new car or invite to cruise on your boat just to show off - I hate fake plastic people :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Sorry Whirly, we better cancel that free flip for LEO :^o 8-[
Whirly
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Closest Airfield: Ermelo
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 115 times

Unread post by Whirly » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:28 pm

cage wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:26 pm
V5 - LEO wrote:
No, my chopper is probably older than him, so it won't qualify as "new". :twisted:

Whirly.
Every dog needs a home and every home needs a dog (or two or three).
Marius Schrenk
Niner Tousand
Niner Tousand
Closest Airfield: 300m from home
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 52 times

Unread post by Marius Schrenk » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:51 pm

a Drum and bugle....for the next door neighbor's 5 year old.
Politics attracts crooks and lawyers,most of the time its the same person.
Iceberg
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Closest Airfield: FAWB
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 50 times

Unread post by Iceberg » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:55 pm

A cheap drone - you are mos a pilot.
The sky is not the limit....
ZS-MDK
Karl Eschberger
Marius Schrenk
Niner Tousand
Niner Tousand

Unread post by Marius Schrenk » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:57 pm

a Surprise visit by some distant family (which you have only heard of when you were young) Complete with their in laws ......caravan/tent....We would not bother you.....if we can only use your ablution/kitchen/fridge....you do not mind do you? we had no other plan so we brought the dog's and cat along.....only until we can find an open spot in the caravan park. :roll: :twisted:
Whirly
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Closest Airfield: Ermelo
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 115 times

Unread post by Whirly » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:58 pm

Plastic beer mug (I don't even drink!) from a fellow that called on me all the time trying to get our business. He was a truck and bus body builder who did seriously shabby work. :roll: I did not even give it to someone, I threw it away as soon as he left.

He was from Debben, and all an all. :lol: :lol:

Whirly.
Every dog needs a home and every home needs a dog (or two or three).
Jel
Frequent AvComer

Unread post by Jel » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:12 pm

Marius Schrenk wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:57 pm
a Surprise visit by some distant family (which you have only heard of when you were young) Complete with their in laws ......caravan/tent....We would not bother you.....if we can only use your ablution/kitchen/fridge....you do not mind do you? we had no other plan so we brought the dog's and cat along.....only until we can find an open spot in the caravan park. :roll: :twisted:
That's kak :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: Apparently depression hits an all time high at Christmas due to having to spend time with people you don't really want to... ordinarily wouldn't choose to shoot the breeze with my in laws and kak nephews and nieces... but hey, all about family right :?:
Marius Schrenk
Niner Tousand
Niner Tousand

Unread post by Marius Schrenk » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:15 pm

Jel wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:12 pm
Marius Schrenk wrote:
That's kak :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: Apparently depression hits an all time high at Christmas due to having to spend time with people you don't really want to... ordinarily wouldn't choose to shoot the breeze with my in laws and kak nephews and nieces... but hey, all about family right :?:
In the bushveld "depression" hits especially hard during the winter hunting season. :wink:
Jel
Frequent AvComer

Unread post by Jel » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:22 pm

Marius Schrenk wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:15 pm
Jel wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:12 pm
Marius Schrenk wrote:
In the bushveld "depression" hits especially hard during the winter hunting season. :wink:
:lol: Kak Christmas present I got last year was being told I was spending Christmas and New year with the in laws in a flat in Ballitto... between that and the annual bottle of JW Black (and I don't drink and haven't for a few years), they really put a lot of thought into it... I have been married 15 years and have 14 bottles sitting in my cupboard... year 1 they believed that their wedding present was also a Christmas present and therefore didn't give me one. We got sheets :!:
V5 - LEO
Six Tousand
Six Tousand
Closest Airfield: FYWH
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 56 times

Unread post by V5 - LEO » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:25 pm

Whirly wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:28 pm
cage wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:26 pm
V5 - LEO wrote:
No, my chopper is probably older than him, so it won't qualify as "new". :twisted:

Whirly.
..... :lol: :lol: txs guys appreciated the thought - however I can be "baie opdringerig as ek 'n flip in die Alo wil he hoor" :lol: :lol:
..guess you have been through the mill with fake people and know what my gripe is - Whirly's Debben person fits that glove, altyd iets vir iets, maar dis iets kak vir iets moerse groot - ticks I tell you, plastic people are ticks!!
In God I trust. The masses are never right, the minority are sometimes right, but the truth is always right.
“One good teacher in a lifetime may sometimes change a delinquent into a solid citizen.” — Philip Wylie
SlowApproach
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Closest Airfield: FAGC
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 67 times

Unread post by SlowApproach » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:58 pm

cage wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:34 am
People want to give you something and the best place is to start with stuff they think you like, if you are an enthusiast in some area then they feel a need to give you something you may like but that they don't understand or could afford so disappointment inevitably follows.
I hear what you say and agree with it, but not really applicable when the giver is fabulously wealthy, smokes them himself and was just trying to be a stingy bastard - especially after having imbibed all my finest grog. At least I later returned such caring thought by giving him the worst rotgut in a bottle I could find. After all, it's the thought that counts, eh? :lol:
Behind every angry woman is a man who has absolutely no idea what he did wrong.
SaraLima
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Closest Airfield: FASH and Morningstar
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 9 times

Unread post by SaraLima » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:38 pm

cage wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:01 am
EDIT to be more PC:

All gifts are wonderful, especially local aviation magazines.
And spirits that have an "e" when they really shouldn't.
And socks and underpants.
The crap that people grab off the last minute gift shelf at the supermarket because they forgot to get something earlier.
It's all about the giving.
Let's all hold hands and sing a xmas song :smt114
Is Kumbaya a christmas song?
There are three simple rules for making a perfect landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are.
I was flying in uniform when you were still in liquid form :wink:

Return to “123.45”