The disappointing gift thread

Aviation Trivia, Jokes & Humour

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
SaraLima
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Posts: 2572
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:39 pm
Closest Airfield: FASH and Morningstar
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: The kak gift thread

Unread post by SaraLima » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:42 pm

Ugly Duckling wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:55 am

That deserves a Bells or whatever your beverage of choice is.
Cage likes an "E" in his beverage.. so surely that should be "Belles" ?

Like the Purser on an airliner.. "For whom the belles toil"
There are three simple rules for making a perfect landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are.
I was flying in uniform when you were still in liquid form :wink:
User avatar
cage
Niner Tousand
Niner Tousand
Posts: 9574
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:47 am
Closest Airfield: FAGC
Location: ..for the grass 35
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 114 times

Re: The kak gift thread

Unread post by cage » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:48 pm

SaraLima wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:38 pm
Is Kumbaya a christmas song?
I realized that I made a mistake by referring to Xmas.
I inadvertently trampled over the feelings of all those whose beliefs deny them a kak gift.
I should have said "holiday" song.
For that I apologize and will self flagilate for the next 2 hours.
Hopefully all the liberal and open minded contributors to 12345 can forgive me.
User avatar
SaraLima
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Posts: 2572
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:39 pm
Closest Airfield: FASH and Morningstar
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: The kak gift thread

Unread post by SaraLima » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:56 pm

cage wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:48 pm
SaraLima wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:38 pm
Is Kumbaya a christmas song?
I realized that I made a mistake by referring to Xmas.
I inadvertently trampled over the feelings of all those whose beliefs deny them a kak gift.
I should have said "holiday" song.
For that I apologize and will self flagilate for the next 2 hours.
Hopefully all the liberal and open minded contributors to 12345 can forgive me.
I'm seriously astonished. - I didn't know you were an autoflagelist - apologies.
There are three simple rules for making a perfect landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are.
I was flying in uniform when you were still in liquid form :wink:
User avatar
cage
Niner Tousand
Niner Tousand
Posts: 9574
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:47 am
Closest Airfield: FAGC
Location: ..for the grass 35
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 114 times

Re: The kak gift thread

Unread post by cage » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:01 pm

SaraLima wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:56 pm
cage wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:48 pm
SaraLima wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:38 pm
Is Kumbaya a christmas song?
I realized that I made a mistake by referring to Xmas.
I inadvertently trampled over the feelings of all those whose beliefs deny them a kak gift.
I should have said "holiday" song.
For that I apologize and will self flagilate for the next 2 hours.
Hopefully all the liberal and open minded contributors to 12345 can forgive me.
I'm seriously astonished. - I didn't know you were an autoflagelist - apologies.
When you don't have a piston engine to deliver the same result, you need to improvise.
Jean Crous
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand
Posts: 3095
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:10 pm
Closest Airfield: FASX
Location: Barrydale Western Cape
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 43 times

Re: The kak gift thread

Unread post by Jean Crous » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:45 pm

rainier wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:26 pm
Letter opener...

(I suspect it was passed on, at least I was considering doing that...)
:lol: :lol: :lol: =D> =D> =D> Dont go and break the "tradition" now Rainier :D
Jean.
Cubby Aircraft Factory
New front seat solo Cubby MK2
Powered by a Rotax 912 engine
Email: cubbyaircraftfactory@gmail.com
Jean Crous
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand
Posts: 3095
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:10 pm
Closest Airfield: FASX
Location: Barrydale Western Cape
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 43 times

Re: The kak gift thread

Unread post by Jean Crous » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:49 pm

A kak gift to me is, when the folks that know me give me wine/beer/spirits......and the buggers KNOW (or are supposed to) that I have not been drinking alcohol for almost 12 years.If someone really is interested in their friends , they will know what NOT to give them.
Jean.
Cubby Aircraft Factory
New front seat solo Cubby MK2
Powered by a Rotax 912 engine
Email: cubbyaircraftfactory@gmail.com
User avatar
cage
Niner Tousand
Niner Tousand
Posts: 9574
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:47 am
Closest Airfield: FAGC
Location: ..for the grass 35
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 114 times

Re: The kak gift thread

Unread post by cage » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:53 pm

Jean Crous wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:49 pm
A kak gift to me is, when the folks that know me give me wine/beer/spirits......and the buggers KNOW (or are supposed to) that I have not been drinking alcohol for almost 12 years.If someone really is interested in their friends , they will know what NOT to give them.
Jean.
Or do they know that every time they visit there will be decent booze available? Sounds smart to me..
Jean Crous
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand
Posts: 3095
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:10 pm
Closest Airfield: FASX
Location: Barrydale Western Cape
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 43 times

Re: The kak gift thread

Unread post by Jean Crous » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:55 pm

cage wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:53 pm
Jean Crous wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:49 pm
A kak gift to me is, when the folks that know me give me wine/beer/spirits......and the buggers KNOW (or are supposed to) that I have not been drinking alcohol for almost 12 years.If someone really is interested in their friends , they will know what NOT to give them.
Jean.
Or do they know that every time they visit there will be decent booze available? Sounds smart to me..
:lol: :lol: :lol: Cage, now that is an angle I have not given thought to......you may just be right :shock:
Jean.
Cubby Aircraft Factory
New front seat solo Cubby MK2
Powered by a Rotax 912 engine
Email: cubbyaircraftfactory@gmail.com
User avatar
Roger
Seven Thousand
Seven Thousand
Posts: 7362
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2003 3:46 pm
Closest Airfield: FAPE
Location: Port Elizabeth
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 106 times

Re: The kak gift thread

Unread post by Roger » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:33 pm

Wow, too many of you that don't enjoy good beverages. A good whiskey or whisky will not go unnoticed in my household. Peated is best. If you get one, and dont like it, I will gladly send a courier to take it off your hands. :lol:
Don’t take things for granted… Tomorrow is not promised.
User avatar
SaraLima
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Posts: 2572
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:39 pm
Closest Airfield: FASH and Morningstar
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: The kak gift thread

Unread post by SaraLima » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:54 am

+1 on Roger's post.. If anyone gets an unwelcome bottle of 12 year old Glen Grant.. You will probably find me most grateful for your gift :wink:
There are three simple rules for making a perfect landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are.
I was flying in uniform when you were still in liquid form :wink:
User avatar
SlowApproach
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Posts: 2662
Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 11:01 pm
Closest Airfield: FAGC
Location: Arse-end of Centurion
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 13 times

Re: The kak gift thread

Unread post by SlowApproach » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:36 am

I have an unwelcome bottle (it's empty). Will you accept it as a gift, SL :)
Behind every angry woman is a man who has absolutely no idea what he did wrong.
User avatar
Jack Welles
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand
Posts: 3056
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:15 pm
Closest Airfield: FACT
Location: Muizenberg
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 64 times

Re: The kak gift thread

Unread post by Jack Welles » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:43 am

SlowApproach wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:36 am
I have an unwelcome bottle (it's empty). Will you accept it as a gift, SL :)
Who pays the shipping? 8-[
Jack Welles (thriller_author pen name)
https://www.amazon.com/Jack-Welles/e/B073VJQTTX
Eddie Haynes-Smart
Textbook - "The Lore of Negotiation"
http://www.loreofnegotiation.com
User avatar
SlowApproach
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Posts: 2662
Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 11:01 pm
Closest Airfield: FAGC
Location: Arse-end of Centurion
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 13 times

Re: The kak gift thread

Unread post by SlowApproach » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:02 pm

Aw damn. You too cleva, JW :lol:
Behind every angry woman is a man who has absolutely no idea what he did wrong.
User avatar
SaraLima
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Posts: 2572
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:39 pm
Closest Airfield: FASH and Morningstar
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: The kak gift thread

Unread post by SaraLima » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:48 pm

SlowApproach wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:36 am
I have an unwelcome bottle (it's empty). Will you accept it as a gift, SL :)
Thanks Slow.. and I appreciate that its the thought that counts.. but that said, an empty bottle will always be unwelcome :wink: :D
There are three simple rules for making a perfect landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are.
I was flying in uniform when you were still in liquid form :wink:
User avatar
Marius Schrenk
Niner Tousand
Niner Tousand
Posts: 9620
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:34 pm
Closest Airfield: 300m from home
Location: Inni skadu van n kameeldoringboom.
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 11 times

Re: The disappointing gift thread

Unread post by Marius Schrenk » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:08 am

:lol: :lol: I see Oom Ray has modded the heading. [-X :twisted: :lol: :lol:
Politics attracts crooks and lawyers,most of the time its the same person.

Return to “123.45”