cage
Niner Tousand
Niner Tousand
Closest Airfield: FAGC
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 108 times

Re: Global warming

Unread post by cage » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:20 pm

MM, when debate skills runs out of runway don't cry bully, rather improve your debating.
Remember: sticks and stones..
Calling Heisan a bully is one of the funniest things I have heard on avcom.
These users liked the author cage for the post:
Triaan
heisan
Fife Thousand feet
Fife Thousand feet
Closest Airfield: Rhino Park
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 68 times

Unread post by heisan » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:55 pm

MadMacs wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:42 pm
The Avcom cyber bully is at it again, relentlessly abusing anyone who dares offer an opinion that differs to his. Quite frankly I'm amazed at how long this is going to go on until the mods step in?
OK - I have reviewed the thread, and it does look like I have replied on your posts more than the others. Probably because your posts are short and to the point - and consequently easy to reply to. If it seems like I was picking on you specifically, then I apologise.

But that does not change the facts. I just went and re-watched the first two denier videos you posted on this very thread (unfortunately they were posted by you, but I am *really* not trying to pick on you specifically - it is just plain luck that these happened to be your post). And both speakers admitted that CO2 is a greenhouse gas, and that increased CO2 will tend to raise global temperatures (although both believe the rise will be moderated by clouds). I am not going to re-watch the rest, but I am certain the trend continues.
These users liked the author heisan for the post (total 2):
EKBTriaan
Justin Schoeman

ZU-FSR (Raven)
viki
Stressed Eric ain't got nothing on me
Closest Airfield: FALA
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by viki » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:00 pm

=D>
sampie
Incipient Spin
Closest Airfield: fakr
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 18 times

Unread post by sampie » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:24 pm

New carbon dioxide capture technology is not the magic bullet against climate change:
https://phys.org/news/2019-04-carbon-di ... magic.html
These users liked the author sampie for the post:
zander
nicofly
Lining Up
Closest Airfield: fala
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by nicofly » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:59 am

Climate change to blame for Hurricane Maria's extreme rainfall:

Keellings and Hernández Ayala also wanted to know whether Maria's extreme rain was a result of natural climate variability or longer-term trends like human-induced warming. To do so, they analyzed the likelihood of an event like Maria happening in the 1950s versus today.

They found an extreme event like Maria was 4.85 times more likely to happen in the climate of 2017 than in 1956, and that change in probability can't be explained by natural climate cycles.

At the beginning of the observational record in the 1950s, a storm like Maria was likely to drop that much rain once every 300 years. But in 2017, that likelihood dropped to about once every 100 years, according to the study.

"Due to anthropogenic climate change it is now much more likely that we get these hurricanes that drop huge amounts of precipitation," Keellings said.

The findings show human influence on hurricane precipitation has already started to become evident, according to Michael Wehner, a climate scientist at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory in Berkeley, California, who was not connected to the new study. Because so much of Maria's damage was due to flooding from the extreme amount of rain, it is safe to say that part of those damages were exacerbated by climate change, Wehner said.

"Extreme precipitation during tropical cyclones has been increased by climate change," he said. "Not all storms have a large amount of inland flooding, of freshwater flooding. But of those that do, the floods are increased to some extent by climate change."
FLY it like you borrowed it
MadMacs
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Closest Airfield: GRJ
Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 21 times

Unread post by MadMacs » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:04 pm

The closest I get to flying these days is when I put my cellphone on 'flight mode'.
heisan
Fife Thousand feet
Fife Thousand feet

Unread post by heisan » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:35 pm

Go back one page, and you can read the comments from when this video was first posted on this thread...
Justin Schoeman

ZU-FSR (Raven)
sampie
Incipient Spin
Closest Airfield: fakr
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 18 times

Unread post by sampie » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:09 pm

Page 19 and 20 to be exact, the video above is beyond rot with lies #-o
zander wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:19 am
vanjast wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:12 pm
A civilised chat about it...
There are plenty of these, as the wave of truth starts to hit home :wink:

and this is where the looneys come from..

The revolution is coming .. :lol:

(RE: to the above reply and the Video)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: deniers digging themselves deeper and deeper into a pit with each post..

What revolution, quoting clowns dating back from 2010 ? :lol: looneys indeed... :wink:

One of them richard lindzen a Known Liar funded by fossil fuel interests, such as Peabody Coal.

In a biographical note at the foot of a column published in Newsweek in 2007, Lindzen wrote that "his research has always been funded exclusively by the U.S. government. He receives no funding from any energy companies." (Emphasis added).However, analysis of Peabody Energy court documents showed that the fossil fuel company backed Lindzen,proving that Lindzen was lying. #-o :lol:

In a section on the "Role of Water Vapor", the GCC's Science and Technical Advisory Committee wrote that "In 1990, Prof Richard Lindzen of MIT argued that the models which were being used to predict greenhouse warming were incorrect because they predicted an increase in water vapor at all levels of the troposphere. Since water vapor is a greenhouse gas, the models predict warming at all levels of the troposphere. However, warming should create convective turbulence, which would lead to more condensation of water vapor (i.e. more rain) and both drying and cooling of the troposphere above 5 km. This negative feedback would act as, a "thermostat" keeping temperatures from rising significantly."

However, the GCC's science advisers noted that this argument had been disproven to the point that Lindzen himself had ceased to use it. "Lindzen's 1990 theory predicted that warmer conditions at the surface would lead to cooler, drier conditions at the top ofthe troposphere. Studies of the behavior of the troposphere in the tropics fail to find the cooling and drying Lindzen predicted. While Lindzen remains a critic of climate modeling efforts, his latest publications do not include the convective turbulence argument." #-o #-o

The others aren't even climate scientists :lol:
heisan
Fife Thousand feet
Fife Thousand feet

Unread post by heisan » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:08 am

Justin Schoeman

ZU-FSR (Raven)
Fransw
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand
Closest Airfield: Pretoria
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 33 times

Unread post by Fransw » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:21 am

chartoftheday_17686_incidence_rate_of_childhood_asthma_due_to_traffic_pollution_n-1.jpg
chartoftheday_17326_air_pollution_kills_more_people_than_smoking_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
vanjast
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: 200
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by vanjast » Sat May 04, 2019 2:45 am

That Asthma stat as afar as I'm concerned is BS..

I've come across many GPs who are, in my opinion, stupid, and just push pharmaceuticals.
It amounts to a money making racket, in cahoots with the medical board, who are in cahoots with the pharmaceutical companies.

:twisted:
rainier
1k poster
1k poster
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 29 times

Unread post by rainier » Mon May 06, 2019 1:41 pm

vanjast wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 2:45 am
That Asthma stat as afar as I'm concerned is BS..
I dunno, a frighteningly large portion of the family I have in Germany and grew up with decades ago now has asthma. I only hung around for a few years there and believe I am living in a much cleaner atmosphere here and maybe this helped me escape the same fate.
I've come across many GPs who are, in my opinion, stupid, and just push pharmaceuticals.
:twisted:
Well, there are good ones and not so good ones. I have great faith in my GP and trust his judgement even though we differ on some specifics.
My wife's brother on the other hand was not so lucky. He went to a GP complaining about chest pains and all the possible angina symptoms you can get - he was only 32. The GP prescribed myprodol and sent him home. Massive heart attack two days later. GP even had the nerve to charge for a death certificate after this.

Point is - does not matter what profession you look at there are good ones and bad ones. Do not generalize.
Who said the sky is the limit ? I think not.

Return to “123.45”