TLB contact/opportunity

Aviation Trivia, Jokes & Humour

Moderator: Moderators

Jaceraq
Engine Started
Closest Airfield: Potchefstroom

TLB contact/opportunity

Unread post by Jaceraq » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:37 pm

Hi Gents, your thoughts regarding ownership and operations running costs. Also preferred manufacturer and model please. Rgds Jaceraq
Rotor kop
Seven Thousand
Seven Thousand
Closest Airfield: OR Thambo

Re: TLB contact/opportunity

Unread post by Rotor kop » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:39 pm

Speak to Hugo. For what its worth we bought Terex and have had very little issues with it. It has paid itself off at least twice so far. Obviously bell and cat are the ones that should give you the most hours but are pricey.
To fly is Heavenly, but to HOVER is Divine
I'm not driving fast - i'm flying low
Swartbok
Stressed Eric ain't got nothing on me
Closest Airfield: Wonderboom

Unread post by Swartbok » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:49 pm

Rotor kop wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:39 pm
Speak to Hugo. For what its worth we bought Terex and have had very little issues with it. It has paid itself off at least twice so far. Obviously bell and cat are the ones that should give you the most hours but are pricey.
Paid itself twice. Was that for your own work, or renting out? If it’s both it probably paid itself 3 times I’m guessing.

What about Volvo?
They seem a bit cheaper.

Also do you rent it with or without a driver?
I’m also interested in buying one for my own work around a farm, but was wondering if I could also make it help pay for itself with other work.
Flying is like sex. I've never had all I wanted but occasionally I've had all I could stand.
Rotor kop
Seven Thousand
Seven Thousand
Closest Airfield: OR Thambo

Unread post by Rotor kop » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:55 pm

Swartbok wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:49 pm
Rotor kop wrote:
Paid itself twice. Was that for your own work, or renting out? If it’s both it probably paid itself 3 times I’m guessing.

What about Volvo?
They seem a bit cheaper.
We dont rent out. Its for our own work. Yes would be a higher value if we rented out i guess. I dont know much about these things. Heavy duty mining stuff yes. Volvo is popular with the diamond mining guys (articulated dumpers) but not sure about the other equipment.
To fly is Heavenly, but to HOVER is Divine
I'm not driving fast - i'm flying low
Swartbok
Stressed Eric ain't got nothing on me
Closest Airfield: Wonderboom

Unread post by Swartbok » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:06 pm

Rotor kop wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:55 pm
Swartbok wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:49 pm
Rotor kop wrote:

What about Volvo?
They seem a bit cheaper.
We dont rent out. Its for our own work. Yes would be a higher value if we rented out i guess. I dont know much about these things. Heavy duty mining stuff yes. Volvo is popular with the diamond mining guys (articulated dumpers) but not sure about the other equipment.
Thanx, yeah by my calculations it would cost me cheaper to buy one rather than rent for the amount of work I have for it. And I score a cool asset/toy as well.
Flying is like sex. I've never had all I wanted but occasionally I've had all I could stand.
hugo_visser
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand

Unread post by hugo_visser » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:40 pm

How are they going to pay you? Are they going to pay you? What are they going to try deduct? Can they pay you? How far from spares supply? How safe is the machine? Who is going to opetaye it? What is it going to load?Then worry obout what you are going to buy. Cat resell better. That is part of your calculations for long term plan.
hugo_visser
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand

Unread post by hugo_visser » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:43 pm

On a mine? Induction and loads of red tape. Hugo
Jean Crous
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Closest Airfield: FASX

Unread post by Jean Crous » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:43 pm

After having owned and operated 3 earth moving machines myself, I just have to agree with the advice a friend of mine got from his Grandfather.
The advice was : " My kind luister na Oupa, as jy wil geld maak in die lewe, dan bly weg van alle ysters wat Blou, Geel , Groen , Rooi, en Oranje is ! "
:twisted: :? Just my 2c worth
Jean.
Cubby Aircraft Factory
New front seat solo Cubby MK2