Global warming a hoax - ex greenpeace leader

Aviation Trivia, Jokes & Humour

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
sampie
Incipient Spin
Posts: 368
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:33 pm
Closest Airfield: fakr
Location: Roodepoort
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 18 times

Re: Global warming a hoax - ex greenpeace leader

Unread post by sampie » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:23 am

Gerard Schultz wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:43 am
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_temperature_record
Over the last 2000 years, the temperature has varied from the average about 2000 years ago, by going down to a low point in the 1600s of 1C colder and, at present, 1C hotter. Yet, we have just had a very cold winter in North America with temperatures well below average.

Global warming or climate change has two definite camps: Those that do not believe in it and those that do. No amount of name calling will bring these two together. However, I remember having to change all my things that cause coldness to a different gas because of the hole in the ozone layer. Companies that made aerosols and BCF fire extinguishers had to change the way they did business and who paid? The consumer. That has been proven a hoax now, but the change in the gas has been paid.

The bottom line is that all these guesstimates (both for and against) are made by people who cannot tell if it will rain three days from now.

Until there is more consensus between these two groups, I will regard both as money making schemes that is out to make a buck - nothing more and nothing less.
There is no guess, it's a chain reaction, everything is connected a change in one variable, will change the other, scientists have documented this meticulously and it's been proven. There is nothing "dodgy" about proof.

The weather broadcasts is not what is being used to predict climate change, scientists know that, as some weather stations is incorrectly placed, that is why they measure it differently:
It is a combination of factors being used:

The surface temperature trends are confirmed from multiple, independent sources:

Surface temperature analysis by NASA GISS finds strong agreement with two independent analyses by CRU's Global Temperature Record and NCDC.

Weather balloon measurements have found from 1975 through 2005, the global mean, near-surface air temperature warmed by approximately 0.23°C/decade.

Satellite measurements of lower atmosphere temperatures show temperature rises between 0.16°C and 0.24°C/decade since 1982.

Ice core reconstructions found the 20th century to be the warmest of the past five centuries, confirming the results of earlier proxy reconstructions.

Sea surface temperatures, borehole reconstructions and ocean temperatures all show long-term warming trends.

And in turn the chain reaction produces the end result.
These users liked the author sampie for the post (total 3):
waterkoppieTriaanskytrooper
excolonial
1k poster
1k poster
Posts: 1828
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:09 pm
Closest Airfield: komani
Location: East Jalalabad on the Straits.
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Global warming a hoax - ex greenpeace leader

Unread post by excolonial » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:08 am

cage wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:39 am
excolonial wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:37 am
..
Never mind the fact that the biggest problem facing us, by far, is pollution, but hey let the taxation gravy train roll on!!
There are many "problems" facing mankind so you'd suggest we ignore climate change and worry about all that stuff first?
I would suggest that far ahead of pollution, ignorance is the planet's greatest problem - social media has generated a new generation (young and old) of experts, whose scientific method is how many times something has been shared or liked, or what a like-minded person has sent them via whatsapp.

Since you are so concerned about pollution (and yes it is one of the many problems), perhaps consider being less supportive of a world leader that is happy to reduce corporate restrictions and funding for bodies that do try police some aspects thereof.
It is also worth remembering that almost everything is taxed, even plastic bags to try reduce that form of pollution, apart from the uber wealthy and big corporates in some necks of the world.

Feel free to dodge, deflect and distract some more. You guys have done a great job thus far :smt023
My suggestion is simple, stop drinking the kool aid, and look at the reality of what is being done in the name of an unproven philosophy which has been dressed up as science by what has become a corrupted bloated industry in many countries, equal to the very corporations they rail against. TAX, TAX, TAX, punish, restrict, persecute. Government will never be the solution to a problem, on the contrary they are the cause of most problems facing humanity at the moment.

My point is equally simple, regardless of the cause, or reality of global warming, nothing real is being done about things that are indisputable, like pollution of water, plastic etc.

If countries like Rwanda can ban plastic bags, then surely everyone can follow suit? We had none growing up, no tin cans or plastic bottles, or plastic bags, it was refundable glass and paper.(unlike south Africa, and the difference in littering and pollution was notable) but now there is a "need" for this rubbish and all the known health problems it causes.

Regardless of your beliefs on the climate issue, anyone who seriously proposes that government action and taxation are the solution has not been paying attention to the world for a long long time.

If the government gave an ultimatum that there would be a ban on plastic bags and bottles in 12 months I would start to believe they had decent intentions.

The constant demagogary by those who perceive themselves to be on the right side of this certainly does more harm than good. Any certainty they proffer is frankly nonsense. As usual those who proclaim it the loudest are doing the least to prevent it.
The older I get, the more I am convinced that "A Confederacy of Dunces" is non fiction.
User avatar
heisan
Fife Thousand feet
Fife Thousand feet
Posts: 5433
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:45 pm
Closest Airfield: Rhino Park
Location: Pretoria
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 92 times

Re: Global warming a hoax - ex greenpeace leader

Unread post by heisan » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:32 am

excolonial wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:08 am
My suggestion is simple, stop drinking the kool aid, and look at the reality of what is being done in the name of an unproven philosophy which has been dressed up as science by what has become a corrupted bloated industry in many countries, equal to the very corporations they rail against. TAX, TAX, TAX, punish, restrict, persecute. Government will never be the solution to a problem, on the contrary they are the cause of most problems facing humanity at the moment.
A very emotional argument, with a significant lack of facts. But my main issue with your statement, is that you are conflating two completely different issues, and using one to disprove the other.

Governments subsist on taxes - and they have show repeatedly that they will tax anything they possibly can, under any pretext they can. They tax sugar, alcohol and tobacco for health reasons. They tax fuel for maintenance/accidents. They tax pet ownership. They tax imports. They tax land use and water use. If they could tax the air that we breathe, they would do that too.

The fact that they tax carbon too can not be viewed in any way as an attempt to address climate change - it is simply another excuse for governments to extort a tax (and in the grand scheme of all the other taxes they extort, it is tiny).

Does that now mean that global warming is a hoax? Are cigarettes good for your health, just because the government taxes them? Do roads require no maintenance because the government taxes them?

The fact that the government taxes something has no bearing at all on its validity.
Justin Schoeman

ZU-FSR (Raven)
Skymaster
Frequent AvComer
Posts: 717
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:32 pm
Closest Airfield: FAGM
Location: Johannesburg
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Global warming a hoax - ex greenpeace leader

Unread post by Skymaster » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:01 am

The luvvies who still believe in the unproven theory that Co2 causes global warming, nearly wet themselves in horror when one of the founders of Greenpeace, a loony bunch of greenies, came out and debunked the warmist beliefs they hold dear to their little bleating hearts.
They immediately sprang into action, with a juvenile press-release, not attacking what he had written with proven facts, but with a dumb ass non-sequitur that said he was not a founder of Greenpeace.
This of course was a blatant lie - like most of the goody-two-shoes, bunny hugging tripe fake-news they put out almost daily.
You see if you're going to lie, you better have a good memory.
These idiots forgot about their early web pages which indeed showed that they themselves had named him as a founder!!
It is there for all to see!
People like this give stupidity a bad name.
(Oh you can see their initial web page here - https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019 ... reenpeace/)
The alarmist lies continue. Anything to keep tax-payer funded grants rolling in and the gravy train topped up.
User avatar
heisan
Fife Thousand feet
Fife Thousand feet
Posts: 5433
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:45 pm
Closest Airfield: Rhino Park
Location: Pretoria
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 92 times

Re: Global warming a hoax - ex greenpeace leader

Unread post by heisan » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:35 am

Skymaster wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:01 am
(Oh you can see their initial web page here - https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019 ... reenpeace/)
The alarmist lies continue. Anything to keep tax-payer funded grants rolling in and the gravy train topped up.
As you say, why bother with facts. When misinformation will do just fine. The sole piece of evidence quoted to support that rant is a list of founders and founding members. And no one ever said he was not one of the founding members - they just disputed that he was one of the founders.
These users liked the author heisan for the post:
Mfezi
Justin Schoeman

ZU-FSR (Raven)
User avatar
viki
Engine re-started
Posts: 526
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:52 pm
Closest Airfield: FALA
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 8 times

Re: Global warming a hoax - ex greenpeace leader

Unread post by viki » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:55 pm

As always deniers desperately grabbing at straws to try and formulate acceptance for themselves that pumping the earth full of unnatural destructing co2 is ok.

Living so far in LaLa land they don't even recognize themselves.

And of course looking stupid in the process, the utter stupidity, lies, deception and total idiocy of the deniers is plastered all over this thread (as well as to the other links that are posted here as well), love it when they keep bumping it, always a new reader that gets an eye opener
These users liked the author viki for the post:
skytrooper
User avatar
Iceberg
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Posts: 2581
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:09 pm
Closest Airfield: FAWB
Location: Pretoria
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 40 times

Re: Global warming a hoax - ex greenpeace leader

Unread post by Iceberg » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:01 pm

viki wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:55 pm
As always deniers desperately grabbing at straws to try and formulate acceptance for themselves that pumping the earth full of unnatural destructing co2 is ok.

Living so far in LaLa land they don't even recognize themselves.

And of course looking stupid in the process, the utter stupidity, lies, deception and total idiocy of the deniers is plastered all over this thread (as well as to the other links that are posted here as well), love it when they keep bumping it, always a new reader that gets an eye opener
:lol: And you have not said anything proving anything at all. Just replace "deniers" with "believers" in your rant and look in the mirror.
The sky is not the limit....
ZS-MDK
Karl Eschberger
User avatar
viki
Engine re-started
Posts: 526
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:52 pm
Closest Airfield: FALA
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 8 times

Re: Global warming a hoax - ex greenpeace leader

Unread post by viki » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:09 pm

Iceberg wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:01 pm
viki wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:55 pm
As always deniers desperately grabbing at straws to try and formulate acceptance for themselves that pumping the earth full of unnatural destructing co2 is ok.

Living so far in LaLa land they don't even recognize themselves.

And of course looking stupid in the process, the utter stupidity, lies, deception and total idiocy of the deniers is plastered all over this thread (as well as to the other links that are posted here as well), love it when they keep bumping it, always a new reader that gets an eye opener
:lol: And you have not said anything proving anything at all. Just replace "deniers" with "believers" in your rant and look in the mirror.
:lol: :lol:
No trying to change my words into your own senseless perception does not change reality sorry ;)

I don't post proof 10 times, if you can't read it the first time, then its your problem, the other threads have countless of scientific proof, if you have proof to counter it show it now, right here.

There is countless of proof backing up reality, the deniers are full of hot air and sprout bloated comments, absolutely Zero to put on the table, claiming nonsense that they "believe" is real, and then they were caught out lying and it was clearly pointed out, this is far long beyond a joke, total lunacy lol
These users liked the author viki for the post:
skytrooper
User avatar
heisan
Fife Thousand feet
Fife Thousand feet
Posts: 5433
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:45 pm
Closest Airfield: Rhino Park
Location: Pretoria
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 92 times

Re: Global warming a hoax - ex greenpeace leader

Unread post by heisan » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:08 am

For those who still think that Patrick Moore is a founder of Greanpeace:
patrick-moore-s-application-le.pdf
Do you think someone went through the effort of forging this? What do you think a handwriting analysis will show?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Justin Schoeman

ZU-FSR (Raven)

Return to “123.45”