Ugly Duckling
Six Tousand
Six Tousand
Closest Airfield: Brakpan Benoni FABB
Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 309 times

Re: Hypocrisy defined

Unread post by Ugly Duckling » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:46 pm

To hell with the chin wagging about climate change, get the oceans cleaned of all the plastic junk. Without the ocean Earth is but a dark star.
These users liked the author Ugly Duckling for the post:
Fransw
Paul Sabatier EAA Ch 575, SSSA, ERGC, ERFC, AeroClub
Long time Cygnet builder
The object is to fly, it does not matter what the object is!
Fransw
Fife Thousand feet
Fife Thousand feet
Closest Airfield: Pretoria
Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 80 times

Unread post by Fransw » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:55 pm

Ugly Duckling wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:46 pm
To hell with the chin wagging about climate change, get the oceans cleaned of all the plastic junk. Without the ocean Earth is but a dark star.
Yes very sad actually! We are slowly but surely suffocating ourselves..
chartoftheday_17914_he_share_of_plant_animal_species_at_risk_of_extinction_worldwide_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wilco
Rolling
Closest Airfield: LAX soon to be DFW
Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 57 times

Unread post by Wilco » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:22 pm

nicofly wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:35 pm

You would have to look at what can be made green and what can be made as green as possible and what could be upgraded to more green or totally green technology in future.

Does your engineering field specialize in Infrastructure ? Perhaps you could tell us about the most Green methods that can be used in the infrastructure field.
OK, great, so what can be made green out of that list and how would you go about doing that? I am curious to know.

For example infrastructure. How can you construct a 4 lane highway to be as green as possible while minimizing hydrocarbon use (besides maybe having equipment run on biogas or solar)? And what incentives would you have for companies to purchase new multi million dollar equipment if they are really already running on thin margins? Make it mandatory? And who ends up paying for those incentives?

What happens to the competitiveness of an international construction company based in Germany that has all of that new expensive equipment which regulators required them to buy, and they go out to bid for example for a job in Ghana but are up against Chinese and Indians companies that were not required to invest in "green" equipment?

Who do you think gave the lower bid. Which company you think wins the contract? Which company will be hiring staff and which company will have to make staff redundant? And this scenario will play out in every single industry.

Here is also something to chew on:
https://www.wired.com/2016/03/teslas-el ... een-think/

It is a start in the right direction. And yes, it is better to err on the side of caution when it comes to climate change. But one has to be realistic with ones expectations. Having climate change believers tell us the world will end in 12 years doesn't help your cause. All I am saying is you guys seriously need to chill the f**k out and having brand ambassadors such as hypocrites in the entertainment industry doesn't help your cause....Because when it comes down to it, the average Joe Schmoe will be stuck with the tab.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... 17210dfa0c

and a bit more about the gentlemen that wrote this "insightful" opinion piece

https://www.washingtonpost.com/people/t ... b226b499d7

Tom Toles, a frigging cartoonist with a PhD in Atmospheric Science or Chemistry? Nope, close though. A frigging cartoonist with a BA in English...……...

p.s. Civil Engineering (my major) does specialize in infrastructure. I decided flying was more fun and pursued aviation full time.
Last edited by Wilco on Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
nicofly
Rolling
Closest Airfield: fala
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 21 times

Unread post by nicofly » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:00 pm

The politics and headache's you face is a concern and very frustrating i can imagine, I did not say it is easy to work out, and i did not say infrastructure can be made green 100%

Each and every bullet i pointed out is on its own a topic, i'm not going to spend my whole weekend writing it out on a forum.

Making the the Earth green will not happen in one day or some years, but we have to make a conscious decision to start somewhere and not wait until the planet is turned into a wasteland.

The biggest challenge is to get everyone to understand that change is needed. We need to start rewriting the first page of the new book in Earths history, not the whole book all at once.
FLY it like you borrowed it
vanjast
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: 200
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 20 times

Unread post by vanjast » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:17 pm

Wilco wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:22 pm
... and having brand ambassadors such as hypocrites in the entertainment industry doesn't help your cause....
Heyyyy!... I'm in the entertainment industry... :lol: :lol:

Yup, what you say is true... the entertainment industry is a festering place for wierdo's and whackjobs, but there is also a smattering of common sense and brains here.
As a mind fart for the ,..ahem!! you know :wink: , just a plain simple google 'The real cause of climate change', brings up a wealth of info.
The obvious story begins to unfold. :twisted:
Wilco
Rolling

Unread post by Wilco » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:21 pm

Nicofly,
Gotcha. No concrete plans........y’all just find the loudest bullhorn , and shame those who have valid questions and concerns because they are not fully on board.

You guys just regurgitate the same talking points and platitudes but give no concrete examples on how a meaningful change can be made without impacting the economic livelihood of most people on this planet.....but hey, no big deal, when hundreds of millions are taxed to excess and companies are shedding jobs, Orlando, Katie, Leonardo will feel our pain while sipping on champagne in their Citation X. That thought just makes our collective sacrifices all worthwhile.

Off to fire up my pickup truck, blast the AC and go get some charcoal for tonight’s barbecue.
Last edited by Wilco on Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Wilco
Rolling

Unread post by Wilco » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:22 pm

vanjast wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:17 pm
Wilco wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:22 pm
... and having brand ambassadors such as hypocrites in the entertainment industry doesn't help your cause....
Heyyyy!... I'm in the entertainment industry... :lol: :lol:

Yup, what you say is true... the entertainment industry is a festering place for wierdo's and whackjobs, but there is also a smattering of common sense and brains here.
As a mind fart for the ,..ahem!! you know :wink: , just a plain simple google 'The real cause of climate change', brings up a wealth of info.
The obvious story begins to unfold. :twisted:
Leo, is that you. :D :D

I jest I jest....

Vanjast, speaking of mind (and bovine) farts....

California is doing its part to fight climate change....

https://www.cnbc.com/2016/10/17/dairy-f ... tinks.html
vanjast
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: 200
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 20 times

Unread post by vanjast » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:46 pm

Wilco wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:22 pm
Leo, is that you. :D :D
I jest I jest....
I don't have a big plane, big yacht, work for a living, and don't rely on makeup artists, and if that fails, film editors to make me look good (you know, it's hard to be handsome when... :lol: )
No.. I'm not De Crapio :D
nicofly
Rolling
Closest Airfield: fala
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 21 times

Unread post by nicofly » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:55 am

Wilco wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:21 pm
Nicofly,
Gotcha. No concrete plans........y’all just find the loudest bullhorn , and shame those who have valid questions and concerns because they are not fully on board.

You guys just regurgitate the same talking points and platitudes but give no concrete examples on how a meaningful change can be made without impacting the economic livelihood of most people on this planet.....but hey, no big deal, when hundreds of millions are taxed to excess and companies are shedding jobs, Orlando, Katie, Leonardo will feel our pain while sipping on champagne in their Citation X. That thought just makes our collective sacrifices all worthwhile.

Off to fire up my pickup truck, blast the AC and go get some charcoal for tonight’s barbecue.
Wilco, You didn't "catch me out" sorry for you ;)

"Concrete examples" is not needed when transformation already started ;)

Solar power added more new capacity in 2017 than did coal, gas, and nuclear plants combined. China leads with more than half of world's new solar capacity; global solar investment jumps 18 percent to $160.8 billion; cumulative renewable energy investment since 2004: $2.9 trillion
FLY it like you borrowed it
Marius Schrenk
Niner Tousand
Niner Tousand
Closest Airfield: 300m from home
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 64 times

Unread post by Marius Schrenk » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:30 am

nicofly wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:24 pm
Marius Schrenk wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:07 pm
So tell us Nico the fly what energy source you suggest should have powered the industrial revolution and the last 100 years of progress ?Keeping in mind what technology was available :? (horse manure/cow pads/methane from the bogs??) While you are there what suggestions do you have for international air travel....what alternative energy source would you suggest?
Clearly you have not read what i said. Read again i said in the beginning we would not have much choice but later on we would have :wink:

ie... "
The same infrastructure could've happened with green energy, not in the beginning but later on"
We are "later" now....what are you proposing we feed the jet engines of today ???. Do you suggest we should now power the world economy by solar/hydro and windpower.???.....ore maybe atomic power stations ??
Last edited by Marius Schrenk on Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Politics attracts crooks and lawyers,most of the time its the same person.
Marius Schrenk
Niner Tousand
Niner Tousand

Unread post by Marius Schrenk » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:08 am

Nico you had me there for a moment. I thought "fugitive emissions "were those quiet escapies. :oops: But then I saw you openly mention livestock methane. Silly me. :oops: Anyhow soon our brilliant govmint would follow California in taxing cow farts.....anything for more loot.Luckily game animals are not that easy to count.....and I suspect they are more efficient (no not more...but less wastage of energy turned into methane farts) :wink: :D
HJK 414
Fife Thousand feet
Fife Thousand feet
Closest Airfield: abcd
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 357 times

Unread post by HJK 414 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:26 am

Marius Schrenk wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:08 am
Nico you had me there for a moment. I thought "fugitive emissions "were those quiet escapies. :oops: But then I saw you openly mention livestock methane. Silly me. :oops: Anyhow soon our brilliant govmint would follow California in taxing cow farts.....anything for more loot.Luckily game animals are not that easy to count.....and I suspect they are more efficient (no not more...but less wastage of energy turned into methane farts) :wink: :D

=D> ....... :lol:
Marius, Nou het ek lekker gelag.

Perhaps we could start a new Gov'ment department that arranges counting of Buffels and other game - then subsequently employs some educated staff for a new to be defined state commission that counts and calculates the farts of game - (the so-called "We Count Farts" or WCF department).
Applicants should be from a rural background to be able to discern a fart from meaningless background noise and a belch from animals would could as half a fart...….

Taxation will be to the owner of the land on which the relevant game is situated at that moment - and if the land was expropriated the former owner will have to pay as it is beyond the scope of reasonable to have a previously disadvantaged individual receive free land and then also place the burden of farting wildlife on his shoulders as well.

Taxation will have to be paid promptly and if there is an objection to the level of taxation - the offending animal will have to be produced and monitored to provide proof of it's farting history in order to be able to contest the levy.

A minister of Rural affairs and Fart management will be appointed shortly in the department of SRFM (State Regulated Fart Management)

An amendment to tax the owners of the wildlife for their own emissions is expected in the near future.

JK
Last edited by HJK 414 on Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
These users liked the author HJK 414 for the post:
Marius Schrenk
Triaan
Take off Clearance
Closest Airfield: FALA
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 19 times

Unread post by Triaan » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:29 am

Meeting_Ferté_Alais-0008.JPG
We are "later" now....what are you proposing we feed the jet engines of today ???. Do you suggest we should now power the world economy by solar/hydro and windpower.???.....ore maybe atomic power stations ??
Not quite "later" enough yet, Airbus have designed an Electric Fan already and tested it with great results, so it's getting there, Batteries need to be improved still or another source must be found which there are a few possibilities of.

The point is that the change will be gradual, jet engines is not all of a sudden going to be replaced, it will happen over a stretch of time when the time is right.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Triaan on Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
These users liked the author Triaan for the post:
Marius Schrenk
Davidc
Circuit re-established
Closest Airfield: BLOEMFONTEIN
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 12 times

Unread post by Davidc » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:34 am

The truth about wireless charging

https://youtu.be/iOVg62_DUYU
Marius Schrenk
Niner Tousand
Niner Tousand

Unread post by Marius Schrenk » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:14 pm

HJK 414 wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:26 am
Marius Schrenk wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:08 am

=D> ....... :lol:
Marius, Nou het ek lekker gelag.

Perhaps we could start a new Gov'ment department that arranges counting of Buffels and other game - then subsequently employs some educated staff for a new to be defined state commission that counts and calculates the farts of game - (the so-called "We Count Farts" or WCF department).
Applicants should be from a rural background to be able to discern a fart from meaningless background noise and a belch from animals would could as half a fart...….

Taxation will be to the owner of the land on which the relevant game is situated at that moment - and if the land was expropriated the former owner will have to pay as it is beyond the scope of reasonable to have a previously disadvantaged individual receive free land and then also place the burden of farting wildlife on his shoulders as well.

Taxation will have to be paid promptly and if there is an objection to the level of taxation - the offending animal will have to be produced and monitored to provide proof of it's farting history in order to be able to contest the levy.

A minister of Rural affairs and Fart management will be appointed shortly in the department of SRFM (State Regulated Fart Management)

An amendment to tax the owners of the wildlife for their own emissions is expected in the near future.

JK
The SRFM may only be managed by "old farts"....as in "has been" cum rats.(to keep it BEE) :wink:

Return to “123.45”