Moderator: Moderators

snoopy
Helicopter getting close
Closest Airfield: FASH
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 68 times

Re: Interesting Court Judgment no 2

Unread post by snoopy » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:19 pm

Essentially what happened in SOEs is that employees and private business extracted tax payer money out of SOEs for their own use (without adding value for it) - and until (if) they get caught; they get all the interest and the use of that money, to do with as they please. We're talking billions of ZAR.

In the mean time the SOE pleads on the brink of bankruptcy (self inflicted) - cries wolf - and gets higher tariffs approved by the state; plus gets a few billion bailout every year on top of that. The tax payer has to fork all of this out of their pocket. Not the state.

So internally created $$$ shortage is used as a motivation to increase cost of the SOEs service / product artificially - to way above its realistic selling price. And then this repeats itself every year...

They're clever criminals. Only when the tax payer/consumer of state services gets lower tariffs or rebates on being overcharged with about 1 Trillion ZAR...will it really be of any value.
Last edited by snoopy on Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vivere come se mai dovessimo morire
Jack Welles
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand
Closest Airfield: FACT
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 156 times

Unread post by Jack Welles » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:24 pm

Fransw wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:53 pm
snoopy wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:40 pm
I bet you he's not emigrating any time soon. :twisted: :lol:
The only way - the payback will be of any value to the electricity consumer - is if the tariff drops...I doubt it will.
And who gets the interest on a fixed deposit of 10 mil....for X years? Clever thieves.
Snoops, look at the bigger picture. This is a good start. It shows the system is working. This is our only real hope and this is also the only real way to push back! Yes its a long and frustrating process to get a positive outcome like this. But the sooner we start growing the wave the better.. We must support all actions like this!
Fransw, you are 100% right. If we're going to win this war it's not about how much the bad guys have salted away (which we'd like to get back, of course, silly not to) it's that there are a (still very) few green shoots of change. Let's hope there'll be more [-o<

It's tough, the whole civil service is riddled with corruption. It might be impossible. But as per that other thread we can be part of the problem by making things out to be even worse than they are (think Ukraine, Argentina or Venezuela) or we can be part of the solution by supporting anything positive that manages to lift its head out of the ghastly mire. If that's still being billed as too unendingly optimistic then the okes need a lesson in English comprehension :lol:
Jack Welles (thriller_author pen name)
https://www.amazon.com/Jack-Welles/e/B073VJQTTX
Eddie Haynes-Smart
Textbook - "The Lore of Negotiation"
http://www.loreofnegotiation.com
snoopy
Helicopter getting close

Unread post by snoopy » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:32 pm

System only works if the cycle of corruption an its effect is reversed completely...not just half way. Too early to bring out the champagne just yet. Like the Zondo commission - its nothing but a public pleasing talk show to appease shallow thinking people, until it shows real results and turns the issue around instead of just exposing it.

Where is that hamster wheel GIF when you need it. :twisted:
Jack Welles
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand

Unread post by Jack Welles » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:37 pm

depressed.jpg
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Eddie Haynes-Smart
Whirly
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Closest Airfield: Ermelo
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 115 times

Unread post by Whirly » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:41 pm

Afriforum is also privately prosecuting the Speaker of the National Assembly, Thandi Modise, for animal cruelty on behalf of the SPCA. This after the NPA had earlier declined to prosecute her. The case was postponed till the 30th of October.

The SPCA found carcasses of more than 50 pigs and other animals on her farm in the North West (Modderfontein) and a further 162 animals had to be euthanized because of their poor condition. More than enough evidence of animal abuse found.

Slowly but surely the elephant must be eaten, one bite at a time.

Whirly.
These users liked the author Whirly for the post:
snoopy
Every dog needs a home and every home needs a dog (or two or three).
snoopy
Helicopter getting close

Unread post by snoopy » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:41 pm

@Eddie/Jack..whomever you pick to be today. :lol: :twisted:

Jack Welles
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand

Unread post by Jack Welles » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:42 pm

miserable people.jpg
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Eddie Haynes-Smart
Jack Welles
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand

Unread post by Jack Welles » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:58 pm

Well, off we go. Wifey and I going to shut up shop for the afternoon. The sun is shining. The sky is blue. The air is filled with ozone. We're off to Kalkies for fresh fish and chips. They're not licenced so in the cooler box there's a bottle of Pinot Grigio for me and a 6-pack of Windhoek Lager for the missus.
waving goodbye.jpg
Eddie Haynes-Smart
Splat
Engine full power confirmed
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by Splat » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:01 pm

snoopy wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:28 pm
His portfolio is worth 3 times more than R10 million - not bad for a person who worked in a SOE for 1 year and 7 months. I wonder what CEO in a private company would get R30 million pension for less than 2 years employment.
I think Whitey Basson got more. edit... then again I must read, lol, he worked far longer than 2 years :roll:
Rgds
George
Mouser
Rolling
Closest Airfield: King Shaka
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 9 times

Unread post by Mouser » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:01 pm

I think Eskom was just a nice little bonus for Molefe. Didn't most of his loot come from Transnet? He may well still pick up some juicy redeployment / executive directorship/s.
Jack Welles
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand

Unread post by Jack Welles » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:37 pm

Splat wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:01 pm
snoopy wrote:
His portfolio is worth 3 times more than R10 million - not bad for a person who worked in a SOE for 1 year and 7 months. I wonder what CEO in a private company would get R30 million pension for less than 2 years employment.
I think Whitey Basson got more. edit... then again I must read, lol, he worked far longer than 2 years :roll:
Whitey Basson was earning +-R50 million per year at the end - but he deserved it - he made that outfit what it is today. Length of time isn't that relevant. It seems easy when these guys do it but it isn't easy. Good example is Pick 'n Pay . Raymond Ackerman built that up into a behemoth of a retail company. Since he retired all they've managed to with it is tread water. Whitey Basson earned what he was paid.
Eddie Haynes-Smart
Marius Schrenk
Niner Tousand
Niner Tousand
Closest Airfield: 300m from home
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 50 times

Unread post by Marius Schrenk » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:42 pm

Splat wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:01 pm
snoopy wrote:
.....and he made R millions of profit. :idea:
Politics attracts crooks and lawyers,most of the time its the same person.
Theuns v V
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Closest Airfield: Rand
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 96 times

Unread post by Theuns v V » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:32 am

I understand he has properties they can grab, what would have happened in the case that he didnt have enough stuff to sell to cover the debt the court slapped on him?

On a side note that nkwabane also is now liable for another 7,5% of the estina case, shee will take this on appial, and if she looses this, can the court add more to what she owes?

T
Jack Welles
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand

Unread post by Jack Welles » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:55 am

Theuns v V wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:32 am
I understand he has properties they can grab, what would have happened in the case that he didnt have enough stuff to sell to cover the debt the court slapped on him?
Then he's bankrupt and the plaintiff gets very little ( or nothing) back. There's no point in chasing a debtor with empty pockets. Never litigate on principle. It's not worth it unless you're as rich as Croesus and the money means nothing to you.
On a side note that nkwabane also is now liable for another 7,5% of the estina case, shee will take this on appial, and if she looses this, can the court add more to what she owes? T
Yes, to the extent of the new legal costs involved. Costs normally follow the result. Her current "costs" debt is estimated to be +-R1,5 million.
Eddie Haynes-Smart
Theuns v V
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Closest Airfield: Rand
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 96 times

Unread post by Theuns v V » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:09 am

will be interesting to see if the eff will help pay for the 1.5 she owes....

OK so lets say he knows he will have to pay back the 10 mil, he sells off the properties and "looses" the monye, I assume that will be a criminal matter?

Return to “123.45”