danie.e
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand
Closest Airfield: Henley
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 19 times

How to survive EKSDOM

Unread post by danie.e » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:36 pm

The information published in Businesstech on July31 this year is far beyond shocking and should actually be termed "PERVERSE"

With near to 47,000 employees (which is regarded by many analysts to be 66% more than required) receiving and average salary of close to R700k annually, we have a TERRORIST situation where 53 million people are held to ransom by 0.00089% of the population.

It is my humble opinion that EVERY SINGLE INDIVIDUAL working at EKSDOM should have their contracts cancelled. They will be free to re-apply for any position but can only be re-instated after a rigorous and proper scrutiny of their knowledge and skills. The new staff compliment to start with much lower salaries than at present and it must be coupled to annual performance appraisals by competent people. It goes beyond saying that only the correct number of people be employed.

I do not care for any hardship that "POOR EKSDOM EMPLOYEES" may suffer because of such a move. They have been feeding themselves fat for much too long on taxpayers money with ZERO regard of their fellow countrymen.

I think the time is long overdue where the average taxpayer in South Africa should stand up and have this terrorist ring broken.
Danie.e
Don't just stik it, Drastik it
S.A. Agent for ASP Engines, CY Models, King Max servos and Amass servo leads. Reseller of RCGF Petrol engines, Smartfly powerboxes, SkyRC Chargers and Power Supplies - http://www.aspaviation.co.za
Jack Welles
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand
Closest Airfield: FACT
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 154 times

Re: How to survive EKSDOM

Unread post by Jack Welles » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:56 pm

Very nice ideas. Wish it was that politically easy. Realpolitik suggests the best we can hope for is to split it into three separate units. Bring the private sector on board, at least as PPP. Get rid of some (not enough for sure) of the employee bloat.

Put more pressure on the non-paying users of which there are far too many! :evil:

Move too far, too fast and the bad guys will recall Cyril and (although not by any means perfect) he together with Mboweni and Gordhan are our only practical hope for anything good <fingers crossed> to happen 8-[

Imagine having Mabuza as the Prez 8-[
Jack Welles (thriller_author pen name)
https://www.amazon.com/Jack-Welles/e/B073VJQTTX
Eddie Haynes-Smart
Textbook - "The Lore of Negotiation"
http://www.loreofnegotiation.com
rainier
1k poster
1k poster
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 47 times

Re: How to survive EKSDOM

Unread post by rainier » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:38 pm

danie.e wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:36 pm

With near to 47,000 employees (which is regarded by many analysts to be 66% more than required) receiving and average salary of close to R700k annually, we have a TERRORIST situation where 53 million people are held to ransom by 0.00089% of the population.
So if my calculator is correct (thank goodness it can do exponents - needs lots of digits) - that amounts to 33 Billion Rands about per year in Salary.
That's about the same as it got from sales.
It posts a loss of a bit over 20 Billion.

So we can assume that if it would cut staff by 66% and retain the rather nice salaries for the remainers it would more or less be able to run without a loss ?

At least theoretically assuming plant maintenance is actually done and not cut back to minimum.
Who said the sky is the limit ? I think not.

Return to “123.45”