Happy international Orangutan day!!(19 Aug.)

Aviation Trivia, Jokes & Humour

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
Fransw
Fife Thousand feet
Fife Thousand feet
Posts: 5193
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:22 pm
Closest Airfield: Pretoria
Location: Pretoria
Has liked: 204 times
Been liked: 77 times

Happy international Orangutan day!!(19 Aug.)

Unread post by Fransw » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:56 am

Yes its that time of year again. What are you planning for this special day? They should make this a South African public holiday! :wink:

Magnificent creatures!
https://www.daysoftheyear.com/days/inte ... ngutan-day
unnamed.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Jack Welles
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand
Posts: 3613
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:15 pm
Closest Airfield: FACT
Location: Muizenberg
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 154 times

Re: Happy international Orangutan day!!(19 Aug.)

Unread post by Jack Welles » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:09 am

Fransw wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:56 am
Yes its that time of year again. What are you planning for this special day? They should make this a South African public holiday! :wink:

Magnificent creatures! https://www.daysoftheyear.com/days/inte ... ngutan-day unnamed.pg
:lol: Aren't they foreigners? Xenophobia rules! If we had a public holiday for all foreign animals (lamas, kiwis, koala bears, kangaroos, dugongs etc) there'd be even less work done in SA than there is now!
Jack Welles (thriller_author pen name)
https://www.amazon.com/Jack-Welles/e/B073VJQTTX
Eddie Haynes-Smart
Textbook - "The Lore of Negotiation"
http://www.loreofnegotiation.com
User avatar
Fransw
Fife Thousand feet
Fife Thousand feet
Posts: 5193
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:22 pm
Closest Airfield: Pretoria
Location: Pretoria
Has liked: 204 times
Been liked: 77 times

Re: Happy international Orangutan day!!(19 Aug.)

Unread post by Fransw » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:12 am

Lovely animals. But they're still wild beasts. Ask Julia Roberts!...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I6GdRxImID8
User avatar
Jack Welles
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand
Posts: 3613
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:15 pm
Closest Airfield: FACT
Location: Muizenberg
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 154 times

Re: Happy international Orangutan day!!(19 Aug.)

Unread post by Jack Welles » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:24 am

Fransw wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:12 am
Lovely animals. But they're still wild beasts. Ask Julia Roberts!...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I6GdRxImID8
Two things: 1) that animal has good taste and 2) why don't you embed Youtube vids - just click YouTube2017 button above your "Post a reply" screen and then copy and paste the bit after the = sign into the formula and- et voila! - vid embedded!
Jack Welles (thriller_author pen name)
https://www.amazon.com/Jack-Welles/e/B073VJQTTX
Eddie Haynes-Smart
Textbook - "The Lore of Negotiation"
http://www.loreofnegotiation.com
User avatar
Fransw
Fife Thousand feet
Fife Thousand feet
Posts: 5193
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:22 pm
Closest Airfield: Pretoria
Location: Pretoria
Has liked: 204 times
Been liked: 77 times

Re: Happy international Orangutan day!!(19 Aug.)

Unread post by Fransw » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:50 am

Jack Welles wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:24 am
Fransw wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:12 am
Lovely animals. But they're still wild beasts. Ask Julia Roberts!...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I6GdRxImID8
Two things: 1) that animal has good taste and 2) why don't you embed Youtube vids - just click YouTube2017 button above your "Post a reply" screen and then copy and paste the bit after the = sign into the formula and- et voila! - vid embedded!
Hey, its a primate thread. Keep in simple...(kiss)

While its woman's month you can't mention primates without mentioning woman!

Dr Jane Goodall(left on the pic below) with her friend.

Interesting words from her on human rights: "I don't believe in human rights but human responsibility!"
127466.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Jack Welles
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand
Posts: 3613
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:15 pm
Closest Airfield: FACT
Location: Muizenberg
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 154 times

Re: Happy international Orangutan day!!(19 Aug.)

Unread post by Jack Welles » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:37 pm

Fransw wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:50 am
Hey, its a primate thread. Keep in simple...(kiss)
:D hey! humans are also primates and as one primate to another I'm trying to help you here! :lol:
Jack Welles (thriller_author pen name)
https://www.amazon.com/Jack-Welles/e/B073VJQTTX
Eddie Haynes-Smart
Textbook - "The Lore of Negotiation"
http://www.loreofnegotiation.com
excolonial
1k poster
1k poster
Posts: 1983
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:09 pm
Closest Airfield: komani
Location: East Jalalabad on the Straits.
Has liked: 142 times
Been liked: 47 times

Re: Happy international Orangutan day!!(19 Aug.)

Unread post by excolonial » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:01 pm

Not happy times for them in Indonesia sadly. Rapacious deforestation, slash and burn - pretty horrific. What to do about it?
The older I get, the more I am convinced that "A Confederacy of Dunces" is non fiction.
User avatar
Fransw
Fife Thousand feet
Fife Thousand feet
Posts: 5193
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:22 pm
Closest Airfield: Pretoria
Location: Pretoria
Has liked: 204 times
Been liked: 77 times

Re: Happy international Orangutan day!!(19 Aug.)

Unread post by Fransw » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:08 pm

excolonial wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:01 pm
Not happy times for them in Indonesia sadly. Rapacious deforestation, slash and burn - pretty horrific. What to do about it?
Tragic!

We are slowly but surely suffocating Mother earth..
chartoftheday_7782_over_half_the_world_s_primates_are_facing_extinction_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “123.45”