Marius Schrenk
Niner Tousand
Niner Tousand
Closest Airfield: 300m from home
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 64 times

Re: Energy crises - Pick your poison

Unread post by Marius Schrenk » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:46 pm

I do not know what is new here by the way. We farmers have been paying .Service& Admin @ R25.2/day (R760/m)Network capacity Charge R46.45/day (R1395.5/m) Ancillary ??? Charge @ R.0044/kwh.....so all in all a "dead" transformer cost us at least +- R2200/m. Even farmers can make the calculation how long it would take you to pay off R100 000 worth of batteries at R26400/year.....and you can write off the total price of the batteries against tax in the first year.(which mean you do not need to charge yourselves interest) Granted you would replace the batteries after 7 years.BUT YOU WOULD NEVER AGAIN HAVE LOAD SHITTING. :twisted: #-o
Politics attracts crooks and lawyers,most of the time its the same person.
excolonial
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Closest Airfield: komani
Has liked: 186 times
Been liked: 64 times

Re: Energy crises - Pick your poison

Unread post by excolonial » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:50 pm

I strongly suggest you guys all get the "Zimbabwean package". Borehole, osmotic filter, solar panels and geyser(black pipes on roof), plus inverter, plus battery bank, plus generator. If you are feeling a bit doom and gloom, then bulk fuel, mass water storage.

My mates SA neighbours used to complain about his generator noise(can't blame them, I want to take a hammer to my own one sometimes), now they all have one.
The older I get, the more I am convinced that "A Confederacy of Dunces" is non fiction.

Return to “123.45”