Riots-just testing !

Aviation Trivia, Jokes & Humour

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
Theuns v V
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Posts: 11902
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:26 pm
Closest Airfield: Rand
Location: JHB
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 108 times

Riots-just testing !

Unread post by Theuns v V » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:42 pm

With the recent riots and people being burned alive just for kicks, I am starting to wonder if there is not maybe a force at work with plans to over through the authority....

Looks to me like a co-ordinated attack to test the response of law enforcement.

If, like now response is fairly retrained and no harsh punishment dished out to law breakers, it can give the impression that the next step by the lawless is a go.

I may just be paranoid, but counter intelligence has taught me to always look for an enemy behind the bush.

T
These users liked the author Theuns v V for the post (total 2):
Freddie vSNIPER
User avatar
Jack Welles
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand
Posts: 3862
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:15 pm
Closest Airfield: FACT
Location: Muizenberg
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 191 times

Re: Riots-just.testing ?

Unread post by Jack Welles » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:35 pm

That to me sounds like a conspiracy too far :roll:
Jack Welles (thriller_author pen name)
https://www.amazon.com/Jack-Welles/e/B073VJQTTX
Eddie Haynes-Smart
Textbook - "The Lore of Negotiation"
http://www.loreofnegotiation.com
User avatar
Christo
Seven Thousand
Seven Thousand
Posts: 7944
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:01 am
Location: Pretoria
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 54 times

Re: Riots-just.testing ?

Unread post by Christo » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:46 pm

Looks like his phone is also rebelling against him :lol:
Due to the price increase in ammunition, do not expect a warning shot.

Sig Sauer, kinda like Glock except for men.
User avatar
snoopy
Frequent AvComer
Posts: 680
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:02 pm
Closest Airfield: FASH
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 96 times

Re: Riots-just.testing ?

Unread post by snoopy » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:54 pm

There are organised groups behind it - and when their frustration with push factors (maybe one should call it a distribution event) they cannot dodge - turns into rioting it becomes a society risk. I reckon the authorities have good intel on whats going on and why. Just not making it public for the most part (perhaps because as it turns out - its not what they expected would happen with some of their long term ideas) - while some journalist are doing good work themselves into getting to what is behind whats going on this week.

A lot of current law is NOT being enforced at present, to the detriment of society. Maybe SASRIA is the next one to go belly up...for a bail-out #-o They cant just talk; observe and ignore it... forever. Civil society is also starting to demand that the state acts.
Vivere come se mai dovessimo morire
User avatar
Marius Schrenk
Niner Tousand
Niner Tousand
Posts: 9818
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:34 pm
Closest Airfield: 300m from home
Location: Inni skadu van n kameeldoringboom.
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 67 times

Re: Riots-just.testing ?

Unread post by Marius Schrenk » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:46 pm

Theuns v V wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:42 pm
With the recent riots and people being burned alive just.for kicks, I am starting to wonder if there is.not maybe a force.at.work with plans to over through the authority....
Looks to me like a co ordinated attack to test the response of law enforcement.

If ,like now.response is fairly retrained and no harsh punishment dished out to law breakers, it can give the impression that the next step by the lawless is a.go.

I may just.be paranoid, but counter intelligence has taught me to always look for an enimy behind the bush

T
:? I think not....We have much more pressing matters to attend to.....like banning an old piece of cloth. :roll:
These users liked the author Marius Schrenk for the post:
Freddie v
Politics attracts crooks and lawyers,most of the time its the same person.
Swartbok
Frequent AvComer
Posts: 756
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:15 pm
Closest Airfield: Wonderboom
Location: Gauteng
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 76 times

Re: Riots-just.testing ?

Unread post by Swartbok » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:30 pm

Marius Schrenk wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:46 pm
Theuns v V wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:42 pm
With the recent riots and people being burned alive just.for kicks, I am starting to wonder if there is.not maybe a force.at.work with plans to over through the authority....
Looks to me like a co ordinated attack to test the response of law enforcement.

If ,like now.response is fairly retrained and no harsh punishment dished out to law breakers, it can give the impression that the next step by the lawless is a.go.

I may just.be paranoid, but counter intelligence has taught me to always look for an enimy behind the bush

T
:? I think not....We have much more pressing matters to attend to.....like banning an old piece of cloth. :roll:
:lol: :lol:

Symbols of freedom and the breakdown of “the old” is crucial.
Life and prosperity is not.
Get with the (liberal?) program

Freedom is an ideal I am prepared to die for......(life and prosperity is an ideal you need to be prepared to die for) .... or something like that.
Flying is like sex. I've never had all I wanted but occasionally I've had all I could stand.
User avatar
cage
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Posts: 10152
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:47 am
Closest Airfield: FAGC
Location: ..for the grass 35
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 332 times

Re: Riots-just.testing ?

Unread post by cage » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:41 pm

This is Africa and this is how problems are dealt with.
It may not be pleasant through a western lens buts thats the way it’s always been.
In your culture a PK may be an acceptable way to deal with a problem, this is just a different variant.
Swartbok
Frequent AvComer
Posts: 756
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:15 pm
Closest Airfield: Wonderboom
Location: Gauteng
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 76 times

Re: Riots-just.testing ?

Unread post by Swartbok » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:46 pm

cage wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:41 pm
This is Africa and this is how problems are dealt with.
It may not be pleasant through a western lens buts thats the way it’s always been.
In your culture a PK may be an acceptable way to deal with a problem, this is just a different variant.
The problem is, when you’ve PK’d everyone in the bar, you are left alone to buy your own drinks. (at the Barman’s price after charging all your money as an entrance fee)

Don’t cry then that your party is not so lekker anymore.
There may be the cautious optimistic hope that you might find a R5 on the floor.
Flying is like sex. I've never had all I wanted but occasionally I've had all I could stand.
User avatar
Fransw
Fife Thousand feet
Fife Thousand feet
Posts: 5252
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:22 pm
Closest Airfield: Pretoria
Location: Pretoria
Has liked: 214 times
Been liked: 80 times

Re: Riots-just.testing ?

Unread post by Fransw » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:16 pm

I support the service delivery riots in a way! I think its a good thing to put pressure on the government from all sides..
Swartbok
Frequent AvComer
Posts: 756
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:15 pm
Closest Airfield: Wonderboom
Location: Gauteng
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 76 times

Re: Riots-just.testing ?

Unread post by Swartbok » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:24 pm

Fransw wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:16 pm
I support the service delivery riots in a way! I think its a good thing to put pressure on the government from all sides..

Sure, however there’s more than 1 player in the game, even if government provides schools (in a bad slapgat way) it ain’t helping much that you burn down (the little you have) the schools because the trains are late.

Blame government all you want, they certainly are big players in the game, but so is the public. (And remember most public votela this government) specifically because this government prioritizes the break down of the past
These users liked the author Swartbok for the post (total 2):
Rotor kopFreddie v
Flying is like sex. I've never had all I wanted but occasionally I've had all I could stand.
User avatar
Fransw
Fife Thousand feet
Fife Thousand feet
Posts: 5252
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:22 pm
Closest Airfield: Pretoria
Location: Pretoria
Has liked: 214 times
Been liked: 80 times

Re: Riots-just.testing ?

Unread post by Fransw » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:34 pm

Swartbok wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:24 pm
Fransw wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:16 pm
I support the service delivery riots in a way! I think its a good thing to put pressure on the government from all sides..

Sure, however there’s more than 1 player in the game, even if government provides schools (in a bad slapgat way) it ain’t helping much that you burn down (the little you have) the schools because the trains are late.

Blame government all you want, they certainly are big players in the game, but so is the public. (And remember most public votela this government)
I agree with you! I wish I had the answers! Many dont trust the government and have nothing to loose. No job, no food nothing! The people are desperate and hungry.. A dangerous person is one who has nothing to loose!! Too many of those in SA. The ball is in the governments hand imo...
User avatar
Jack Welles
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand
Posts: 3862
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:15 pm
Closest Airfield: FACT
Location: Muizenberg
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 191 times

Re: Riots-just.testing ?

Unread post by Jack Welles » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:38 pm

No, no. It's a disaster! It's the end. The Trotskyites who escaped the Soviet implosion are coming out of hiding to subvert SA. Buy your airline tickets now before you're blocked by the round-the-block queues that will inevitably form like happened with the fall of Singapore to the Japs in WW2 ... 8-[ :lol:
Jack Welles (thriller_author pen name)
https://www.amazon.com/Jack-Welles/e/B073VJQTTX
Eddie Haynes-Smart
Textbook - "The Lore of Negotiation"
http://www.loreofnegotiation.com
User avatar
cage
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Posts: 10152
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:47 am
Closest Airfield: FAGC
Location: ..for the grass 35
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 332 times

Re: Riots-just.testing ?

Unread post by cage » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:22 pm

There’s a very broad landscape being viewed through very narrow life lenses from different angles.
If someone doesn’t see the same thing then they are the enemy.
In reality, everyone wants the same things.
If you can’t see the bigger picture, the missing bits will always be a conspiracy.
There are no conspiracies, you just have to be prepared to look a bit broader.
User avatar
Orthin Opter
Frequent AvComer
Posts: 882
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 4:35 pm
Closest Airfield: Tranquility
Location: Back of the moon
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 47 times

Re: Riots-just.testing ?

Unread post by Orthin Opter » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:38 am

Fransw wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:34 pm
I agree with you! I wish I had the answers! Many dont trust the government and have nothing to loose. No job, no food nothing! The people are desperate and hungry.. A dangerous person is one who has nothing to loose!! Too many of those in SA. The ball is in the governments hand imo...
Read "The State of Africa," by Martin Meredith. ISBN10 0857203886 ISBN13 9780857203885 50 years of well researched history of Africa since independence. Basically after 25 to 35 years there is anarchy. You do the sums 1994 to 2019.
"All great truths begin as blasphemies." George Bernard Shaw.

"The main vice of capitalism is the uneven distribution of prosperity.
The main vice of socialism is the even distribution of misery." Winston Churchill.
User avatar
snoopy
Frequent AvComer
Posts: 680
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:02 pm
Closest Airfield: FASH
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 96 times

Re: Riots-just.testing ?

Unread post by snoopy » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:10 am

Fransw wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:16 pm
I support the service delivery riots in a way! I think its a good thing to put pressure on the government from all sides..
Just not when it turns to riots - because then it destroys...I don't know why they so often need to be destructive and put the lives of others at risk...that I dont support. And neither does SA law...its just not enforced.
These users liked the author snoopy for the post:
Freddie v
Vivere come se mai dovessimo morire

Return to “123.45”