Media get it wrong AGAIN

Aviation Trivia, Jokes & Humour

Moderator: Moderators

Trent772B
ATC Delay
Posts: 122
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:27 pm
Closest Airfield: HONG KONG
Location: Cape Town
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 16 times

Media get it wrong AGAIN

Unread post by Trent772B » Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:53 pm

https://www.thesouthafrican.com/news/sa ... qualified/

When the reporter doesn’t know, or bother to find out that the SACAA is not the same as SAA.
B722, B744, A320, A332, A333, A342, A343, A346, Alo3, Oryx, King Air, Beech 1900, T6
The Hun
Taxiing
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun May 13, 2012 9:24 pm
Closest Airfield: Silver Creek
Location: Mooinooi
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 13 times

Re: Media get it wrong AGAIN

Unread post by The Hun » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:20 pm

It was o much less confusing when SACAA was called DCA






Roland Raible 🤔
User avatar
heisan
Fife Thousand feet
Fife Thousand feet
Posts: 5569
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:45 pm
Closest Airfield: Rhino Park
Location: Pretoria
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 153 times

Re: Media get it wrong AGAIN

Unread post by heisan » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:58 pm

I am not sure that I would call 'The South African' 'media'...
These users liked the author heisan for the post (total 2):
SeggDarren
Justin Schoeman

ZU-FSR (Raven)
hugo_visser
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand
Posts: 3596
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:16 pm
Location: Petit Airport FARA ( Benoni )
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 51 times

Re: Media get it wrong AGAIN

Unread post by hugo_visser » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:08 pm

Really, NZ CAA does not accept SA ATF and is checking everything. 40 to 80 hrs paperwork inspection and heli inspection. ICAO SA worthless. Where there is smoke there is fire.
Hugo.
User avatar
heisan
Fife Thousand feet
Fife Thousand feet
Posts: 5569
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:45 pm
Closest Airfield: Rhino Park
Location: Pretoria
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 153 times

Re: Media get it wrong AGAIN

Unread post by heisan » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:23 pm

hugo_visser wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:08 pm
Really, NZ CAA does not accept SA ATF and is checking everything. 40 to 80 hrs paperwork inspection and heli inspection. ICAO SA worthless. Where there is smoke there is fire.
Hugo.
An ATF is not an ICAO document, and there are no international standards around it. Every country has their own rules, and generally insists on their own inspections.
These users liked the author heisan for the post (total 2):
DarrenRay W
Justin Schoeman

ZU-FSR (Raven)
User avatar
Jack Welles
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand
Posts: 3836
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:15 pm
Closest Airfield: FACT
Location: Muizenberg
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 183 times

Re: Media get it wrong AGAIN

Unread post by Jack Welles » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:59 am

heisan wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:23 pm
hugo_visser wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:08 pm
Really, NZ CAA does not accept SA ATF and is checking everything. 40 to 80 hrs paperwork inspection and heli inspection. ICAO SA worthless. Where there is smoke there is fire. Hugo.
An ATF is not an ICAO document, and there are no international standards around it. Every country has their own rules, and generally insists on their own inspections.
There you go again - spoiling an anti-SA rant with the facts [-X :lol:
Jack Welles (thriller_author pen name)
https://www.amazon.com/Jack-Welles/e/B073VJQTTX
Eddie Haynes-Smart
Textbook - "The Lore of Negotiation"
http://www.loreofnegotiation.com
User avatar
cage
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Posts: 10152
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:47 am
Closest Airfield: FAGC
Location: ..for the grass 35
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 332 times

Re: Media get it wrong AGAIN

Unread post by cage » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:04 am

Jack Welles wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:59 am
heisan wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:23 pm
hugo_visser wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:08 pm
Really, NZ CAA does not accept SA ATF and is checking everything. 40 to 80 hrs paperwork inspection and heli inspection. ICAO SA worthless. Where there is smoke there is fire. Hugo.
An ATF is not an ICAO document, and there are no international standards around it. Every country has their own rules, and generally insists on their own inspections.
There you go again - spoiling an anti-SA rant with the facts [-X :lol:
It's like trying to pay for your kiwi flat-white with Rands..
Eish.
The kiwi regulator, much like Aus, aren't known for their willingness to please or flexibility particularly on them old warbirds.
Some may just learn that our lot aren't that terrible at all when it comes to the concept of ZU aircraft.
User avatar
Whirly
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Posts: 11833
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 3:25 pm
Closest Airfield: Ermelo
Location: Mpumalanga
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 146 times

Re: Media get it wrong AGAIN

Unread post by Whirly » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:16 am

hugo_visser wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:08 pm
Really, NZ CAA does not accept SA ATF and is checking everything. 40 to 80 hrs paperwork inspection and heli inspection. ICAO SA worthless. Where there is smoke there is fire.
Hugo.
Hugo,

Did you not find all that out before you took your helicopters to NZ? :o

Whirly.
These users liked the author Whirly for the post:
cage
Every dog needs a home and every home needs a dog (or two or three).
User avatar
flysouth
1k poster
1k poster
Posts: 1719
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:16 pm
Closest Airfield: FAGC
Location: Randburg
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 32 times

Re: Media get it wrong AGAIN

Unread post by flysouth » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:39 pm

hugo_visser wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:08 pm
Really, NZ CAA does not accept SA ATF and is checking everything. 40 to 80 hrs paperwork inspection and heli inspection. ICAO SA worthless. Where there is smoke there is fire.
Hugo.
Australia was the same even back in the 80s and early 90s to my knowledge. Knew a guy who emigrated wth his LS1 - reg Stinson and had the run-around for a couple of years!
User avatar
Ray W
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Posts: 16844
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:17 pm
Closest Airfield: OR Tambo
Location: Atlasville.
Has liked: 436 times
Been liked: 181 times

Re: Media get it wrong AGAIN

Unread post by Ray W » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:55 pm

flysouth wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:39 pm
hugo_visser wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:08 pm
Really, NZ CAA does not accept SA ATF and is checking everything. 40 to 80 hrs paperwork inspection and heli inspection. ICAO SA worthless. Where there is smoke there is fire.
Hugo.
Australia was the same even back in the 80s and early 90s to my knowledge. Knew a guy who emigrated with his LS1 - reg Stinson and had the run-around for a couple of years!
She's flying now though
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
These users liked the author Ray W for the post:
flysouth
Old age & treachery will triumph over youth & skill

Return to “123.45”