Braai day - 24 Sept

Aviation Trivia, Jokes & Humour

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
snoopy
Frequent AvComer
Posts: 661
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:02 pm
Closest Airfield: FASH
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 94 times

Re: Braai day - 24 Sept

Unread post by snoopy » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:46 pm

Die kuns van braaibroodtjies maak sal weer beoefen word more...en onthou net Noag het vir ons die steak gered; nie kropslaai nie. :lol:

Prioriteite is belangrik.
Vivere come se mai dovessimo morire
User avatar
V5 - LEO
Six Tousand
Six Tousand
Posts: 6244
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:18 pm
Closest Airfield: FYWH
Location: Namibia
Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 79 times

Re: Braai day - 24 Sept

Unread post by V5 - LEO » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:05 pm

....ja, 'n braaibroodjie is 'n moet, gelukkig is daar soveel fillings wat mens deesdae kan opsit dat die brood alleen kan gebraai word. My gunsteling as volg, botter, chutney, uie, kaas, tamatie - moenie margarien gebruik nie en die chutney is soos jy daarvan hou , mild tot hot of fruity.
In God I trust. The masses are never right, the minority are sometimes right, but the truth is always right.
“One good teacher in a lifetime may sometimes change a delinquent into a solid citizen.” — Philip Wylie
User avatar
Fransw
Fife Thousand feet
Fife Thousand feet
Posts: 5248
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:22 pm
Closest Airfield: Pretoria
Location: Pretoria
Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 80 times

Re: Braai day - 24 Sept

Unread post by Fransw » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:14 pm

V5 - LEO wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:05 pm
....ja, 'n braaibroodjie is 'n moet, gelukkig is daar soveel fillings wat mens deesdae kan opsit dat die brood alleen kan gebraai word. My gunsteling as volg, botter, chutney, uie, kaas, tamatie - moenie margarien gebruik nie en die chutney is soos jy daarvan hou , mild tot hot of fruity.
Net so! Met n lekker blop tannie ballas blatjang.. =P~
User avatar
cage
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Posts: 10152
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:47 am
Closest Airfield: FAGC
Location: ..for the grass 35
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 332 times

Re: Braai day - 24 Sept

Unread post by cage » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:32 pm

Bread.. on a braai... what an abomination! :smt040
User avatar
Fransw
Fife Thousand feet
Fife Thousand feet
Posts: 5248
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:22 pm
Closest Airfield: Pretoria
Location: Pretoria
Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 80 times

Re: Braai day - 24 Sept

Unread post by Fransw » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:42 pm

cage wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:32 pm
Bread.. on a braai... what an abomination! :smt040
Try V5's recipe. Really delicious! Remember fresh white bread and the chutney! But this is only one of hundreds braai side dishes. What's you favourite braai side dishes?..
User avatar
Christo
Seven Thousand
Seven Thousand
Posts: 7944
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:01 am
Location: Pretoria
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 54 times

Re: Braai day - 24 Sept

Unread post by Christo » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:43 pm

Fransw wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:42 pm
cage wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:32 pm
Bread.. on a braai... what an abomination! :smt040
Try V5's recipe. Really delicious! Remember fresh white bread and the chutney! But this is only one of hundreds braai side dishes. What's you favourite braai side dishes?..
Fresh veggies :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Due to the price increase in ammunition, do not expect a warning shot.

Sig Sauer, kinda like Glock except for men.
User avatar
Fransw
Fife Thousand feet
Fife Thousand feet
Posts: 5248
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:22 pm
Closest Airfield: Pretoria
Location: Pretoria
Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 80 times

Re: Braai day - 24 Sept

Unread post by Fransw » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:48 pm

Christo wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:43 pm
Fransw wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:42 pm
cage wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:32 pm
Bread.. on a braai... what an abomination! :smt040
Try V5's recipe. Really delicious! Remember fresh white bread and the chutney! But this is only one of hundreds braai side dishes. What's you favourite braai side dishes?..
Fresh veggies :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Oven roasted fresh veggies are great with a braai!

Something like this..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
cage
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Posts: 10152
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:47 am
Closest Airfield: FAGC
Location: ..for the grass 35
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 332 times

Re: Braai day - 24 Sept

Unread post by cage » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:10 pm

Sides? Hmmm
Baked beans with some fresh chilli, onion and garlic added.
Fresh whole mielies , salted, buttered and charred on an open flame.
User avatar
Mrb13676
Frequent AvComer
Posts: 868
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:20 pm
Closest Airfield: FASY
Location: Zone outbound
Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 84 times

Re: Braai day - 24 Sept

Unread post by Mrb13676 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:42 pm

paulw wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:30 pm
Is it allowed to have a SA braai on National Braai day in Ireland? 8-[
Yes but it will probably rain
Mike Blackburn
ZU-IBM - Sling4 Turbo s/n 009
User avatar
cage
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Posts: 10152
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:47 am
Closest Airfield: FAGC
Location: ..for the grass 35
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 332 times

Re: Braai day - 24 Sept

Unread post by cage » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:51 pm

Mrb13676 wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:42 pm
paulw wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:30 pm
Is it allowed to have a SA braai on National Braai day in Ireland? 8-[
Yes but it will probably rain
When you live on one of the soggy islands that doesn’t stop you.
The hardest part was finding wors that actually tasted as good as the local stuff. No matter how much I ordered from saffer butchers it was always a poor imitation.
The mind numbing cost of meat posed a problem - either buy ridiculously expensive meat or stupendously expensive booze.
A UK Braai is about giving the middle finger to nature, the rest is a bonus.
User avatar
paulw
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand
Posts: 4490
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:48 pm
Closest Airfield: Galway Airport
Location: Galway
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 30 times

Re: Braai day - 24 Sept

Unread post by paulw » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:49 pm

cage wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:51 pm
Mrb13676 wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:42 pm
paulw wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:30 pm
Is it allowed to have a SA braai on National Braai day in Ireland? 8-[
Yes but it will probably rain
When you live on one of the soggy islands that doesn’t stop you.
The hardest part was finding wors that actually tasted as good as the local stuff. No matter how much I ordered from saffer butchers it was always a poor imitation.
The mind numbing cost of meat posed a problem - either buy ridiculously expensive meat or stupendously expensive booze.
A UK Braai is about giving the middle finger to nature, the rest is a bonus.
Exactly the same on this emerald island too :lol:
.
Don't believe what I post, research what I post....
They have a book on how to take my money away? When did this happen......
User avatar
Mrb13676
Frequent AvComer
Posts: 868
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:20 pm
Closest Airfield: FASY
Location: Zone outbound
Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 84 times

Re: Braai day - 24 Sept

Unread post by Mrb13676 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:07 pm

I recall being thoroughly disappointed when I was invited to a barbecue on mud isle - arrived to find these people cooking pork sausages with apple bits in them on a disposable “braai” made of tinfoil.

Give me my Heritage of cooking real meat on an open flame to within an inch of its life any day.
Mike Blackburn
ZU-IBM - Sling4 Turbo s/n 009
User avatar
Fransw
Fife Thousand feet
Fife Thousand feet
Posts: 5248
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:22 pm
Closest Airfield: Pretoria
Location: Pretoria
Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 80 times

Re: Braai day - 24 Sept

Unread post by Fransw » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:12 pm

The moment of truth is here. Are you ready?

But first all credit to the San people who started this way of cooking meat thousands of years ago!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
cage
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Posts: 10152
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:47 am
Closest Airfield: FAGC
Location: ..for the grass 35
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 332 times

Re: Braai day - 24 Sept

Unread post by cage » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:23 pm

Mrb13676 wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:07 pm
I recall being thoroughly disappointed when I was invited to a barbecue on mud isle - arrived to find these people cooking pork sausages with apple bits in them on a disposable “braai” made of tinfoil.

Give me my Heritage of cooking real meat on an open flame to within an inch of its life any day.
While the wors is rubbish, the Brits do make a mean pork sausage and they are best cooked over a flame.
Friends that returned to SA, all still do bangers on a braai.
My wife insists that she has some, which I am obliged to cook, but it is sooo wrong..

With the weather being Rubbish it can (used to be the case) be difficult to buy briquettes outside of summer, so you either stockpiled or kept a few of those horrible instant BBQ things on hand. They were horrible to use, but then what do normal Brits know about cooking on fire anyway.
User avatar
Jack Welles
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand
Posts: 3822
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:15 pm
Closest Airfield: FACT
Location: Muizenberg
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 180 times

Re: Braai day - 24 Sept

Unread post by Jack Welles » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:25 pm

Fransw wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:56 pm
Question to the braai gurus: What do you use to braai. Charcoal, brickets, wood(what kind?) . Gas"braaiers" please stay of this thread! :?
Unfair discrimination is prohibited by the SA Constitution [-X :lol:
Jack Welles (thriller_author pen name)
https://www.amazon.com/Jack-Welles/e/B073VJQTTX
Eddie Haynes-Smart
Textbook - "The Lore of Negotiation"
http://www.loreofnegotiation.com

Return to “123.45”