danie.e
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand
Closest Airfield: Henley
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 33 times

Vodacom Data Bundles - WARNING

Unread post by danie.e » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:07 am

Be careful of a sly trick from Vodacom to part you with your money. This is mainly for pre-paid customers.

When your data runs low, they send an SMS that offer you to take an extra "gig" of data for R25.00 and their advert clearly states that the offer expires on Midnight that same day. Unsuspecting customers then buy the 1gig data and Vodacom takes the R25.00 from their airtime.

If the customer takes the offer, they then send a message that the data has been "provisioned" and that it expires at 1 minute before twelve the same day. The customer therefore pays R25 for 1 GIG data that they lose the same day.

This is FRAUD/THEFT as the invitation does not inform the customer that the 1gig data will also expire on the same day.
Danie.e
Don't just stik it, Drastik it
S.A. Agent for ASP Engines, CY Models, King Max servos and Amass servo leads. Reseller of RCGF Petrol engines, Smartfly powerboxes, SkyRC Chargers and Power Supplies - http://www.aspaviation.co.za
cage
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Closest Airfield: FAGC
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 332 times

Re: Vodacom Data Bundles - WARNING

Unread post by cage » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:30 am

Have been sent some of these, it was quite clear that it was a data bundle for that day, hence the bargain price.
Maybe it was lost in translation.
southside
Power off stall
Closest Airfield: around
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 52 times

Unread post by southside » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:32 am

I am not sure I understand you. You say that the advert clearly states that the bundle expires the same day and then 2 paragraphs later you state that the customer has no idea it expires the same day?

Surely if someone is offering you 1 gig of data for R25 you should suspect that there is a catch...ie on this occasion that it is only valid for 1 day. I get these offers regularly and as you mentioned, it clearly states that it expires at midnight.

Edit-I think I understand. Are you saying that the advert states the offer for 1 gig expires at midnight and not that the data will expire then? If they have edited there adverts as such then I agree that is very sly.
danie.e
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand
Closest Airfield: Henley
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 33 times

Unread post by danie.e » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:24 am

Please read again, they clearly state that their OFFER to buy 1gig at RR25 expires at midnight in the first SMS. If the user then agree, a second SMS are sent to the user saying that the bundle expires the same day. By that time, the user has already paid the R25

To my mind that is FALSE representation of their offer. If they state in the first SMS that their offer is only valid till midnight AND that the data bundle will expire the same day, then I have no problem with it.

This only reinforces my sentiment that : If it seems too good to be true, then it is NOT true
Danie.e
Don't just stik it, Drastik it
S.A. Agent for ASP Engines, CY Models, King Max servos and Amass servo leads. Reseller of RCGF Petrol engines, Smartfly powerboxes, SkyRC Chargers and Power Supplies - http://www.aspaviation.co.za
Christo
Seven Thousand
Seven Thousand
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 54 times

Unread post by Christo » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:27 am

https://bccsa.co.za/contact-us/

Hopefully their inbox is not full like last time I tried lodging a complaint.
Due to the price increase in ammunition, do not expect a warning shot.

Sig Sauer, kinda like Glock except for men.
excolonial
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Closest Airfield: komani
Has liked: 186 times
Been liked: 64 times

Unread post by excolonial » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:26 pm

It is an old trick where they use deliberately misleading grammar structure to catch you when you are in a hurry,and don't have time to think about what they are really offering. I have never understood the business case for ambush marketing, it all seems a little pathological to me.
These users liked the author excolonial for the post:
rare bird
The older I get, the more I am convinced that "A Confederacy of Dunces" is non fiction.
ddevos
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Closest Airfield: FAVV
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 19 times

Unread post by ddevos » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:22 pm

Another nasty trick that Vodacom started recently is to not tell you when a certain amount of your airtime will expire, so you are completely in the dark about it. This applies to both their website and the Vodacom app. Bunch of idiots...
Dirk de Vos

If you don't gear up your brain before takeoff, you'll probably gear up your airplane on landing.

Return to “123.45”