snoopy
1k poster
1k poster
Closest Airfield: FASH
Has liked: 225 times
Been liked: 333 times

Re: Ukraine / Russia Situation

Unread post by snoopy » Thu May 19, 2022 2:37 pm

In 12 weeks of war in the Ukraine, where are all the Ukrainian Nazis Russia "denazified"? Any proof they found even one?

Nee wat, volgende skaap vir 'n skeer....
Vivere come se mai dovessimo morire
rainier
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Closest Airfield: FASH
Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 413 times

Unread post by rainier » Thu May 19, 2022 2:45 pm

snoopy wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 2:37 pm
In 12 weeks of war in the Ukraine, where are all the Ukrainian Nazis Russia "denazified"? Any proof they found even one?
You don't need a DNA test to qualify as one.
If Putin says you are a Nazi, you are a Nazi. In fact - some recent comments effectively mean anybody that is against Russia must be a Nazi - or at the very least a supporter therof.

I'm sure the close to 2000 Ukrainian fighters that surrendered at Azov will be branded Nazis. In fact the Duma has already stated that they should not be treated as POW but as criminals. One went so far as to say they should be executed.
Who said the sky is the limit ? It's not. The CAA is the limit.
bladerunner
Hee Hee I'm Flying
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 19 times

Unread post by bladerunner » Thu May 19, 2022 2:58 pm

Enjoy looking at this thread once or twice a day since there are some great viewpoints and discussions.
(A couple of off the wall ones too but I digress...)

Wrt Russian equipment, aircraft and tactics. I am no expert but love history and am reading the book Stalingrad again right now. I do not believe the Russian leadership have ever held on to the idea of the importance, or concept for that matter, of the individual.

Over the years or even centuries (think Napoleon) they have behaved like an ants nest disturbed. No matter how many you trample they keep on coming... But that was when they were attacked of course. And someone has mentioned they have only really been effective against weak or weakened enemies.

I believe it was Stalin who said: "Quantity has a quality all of it's own."
crash
Avionics Master On
Closest Airfield: GMTA
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 35 times

Unread post by crash » Thu May 19, 2022 3:21 pm

bladerunner wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 2:58 pm
I believe it was Stalin who said: "Quantity has a quality all of it's own."
Yes,

And Putin is going to find that this is true - to his dismay.
By invading Ukraine - the Western Europeans and US have formed a unified block (not only NATO but also in economic terms), that will probably not rest until Russia is completely and utterly on it's face. The trade boycotts / SWIFT exclusion and oil and gas embargo's will destroy that economy, and that country, for certain.

Chris R. Ashford
Theuns v V
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Closest Airfield: Rand
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 383 times

Unread post by Theuns v V » Thu May 19, 2022 3:58 pm

indeed the idea of "qualtity may trump quality" holds very true. Look at the largest tank battle in history, the german army had the best most advanced tanks to date in terms of the king tiger but for every one king tiger the russians (who were building T-34 and KV1 in stalingrad and literally driving off the line a few miles to the battle) had many many times the tanks. Even if a tiger managed to kill 15 t34's eventually the superior tanks will be over run...as said like ants.
BUT, having said that, if this is your plan, make sure the damn equpment is actually running and maintained , have enough ammo and fuel to last longer than a few days #-o

a 1000 tanks mean nothing if there is no fuel for them....just ask the germans in ww2 eastern front :wink:
heinrich
1k poster
1k poster
Closest Airfield: EGSU
Has liked: 158 times
Been liked: 70 times

Unread post by heinrich » Thu May 19, 2022 6:01 pm

Airwayfreak wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 10:24 pm
Putin is on short final with colon cancer and he has to leave a legacy. His attempted legacy is to be defiant in the face of the west/NATO. I suspect he will expire before his office term, one way or another.

Every POTUS has left office with a legacy of sorts except for Nixon who is the only president to ever have resigned, but we all know what his legacy was. Bush snr and Bush jnr are war legacy presidents. In this case Bush jnr wanted to impress daddy who was not really a proud father towards George W for most of his adult life. Putin wants to leave a legacy as well and Ukraine has been the perfect opportunity. As I have said, I UNDERSTAND Putin's motives and they are not entirely disimilar to the war legacy US presidents. But for some reason, many here just cannot come to terms with this. They cannot accept that Putin's actions are really no worse than those of Bush snr & jnr.
You mind adding a source here confirming that he has cancer? Must admit it's the first I hear of it.
Theuns v V
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Closest Airfield: Rand
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 383 times

Unread post by Theuns v V » Thu May 19, 2022 6:42 pm

heinrich wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 6:01 pm
Airwayfreak wrote:
Putin is on short final with colon cancer and he has to leave a legacy. His attempted legacy is to be defiant in the face of the west/NATO. I suspect he will expire before his office term, one way or another.

Every POTUS has left office with a legacy of sorts except for Nixon who is the only president to ever have resigned, but we all know what his legacy was. Bush snr and Bush jnr are war legacy presidents. In this case Bush jnr wanted to impress daddy who was not really a proud father towards George W for most of his adult life. Putin wants to leave a legacy as well and Ukraine has been the perfect opportunity. As I have said, I UNDERSTAND Putin's motives and they are not entirely disimilar to the war legacy US presidents. But for some reason, many here just cannot come to terms with this. They cannot accept that Putin's actions are really no worse than those of Bush snr & jnr.
You mind adding a source here confirming that he has cancer? Must admit it's the first I hear of it.
If AWF's pro russian media ASWELL as western MSM hints to the fact putin has some or other cancer it must be true #-o

And it the prognosys is not good he is an extremely dangerous man with nothing to loose 8-[
These users liked the author Theuns v V for the post:
Airwayfreak
Trevorn
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Closest Airfield: FAWK
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 207 times

Unread post by Trevorn » Thu May 19, 2022 6:57 pm

Theuns v V wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 6:42 pm
heinrich wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 6:01 pm
Airwayfreak wrote:

If AWF's pro russian media ASWELL as western MSM hints to the fact putin has some or other cancer it must be true #-o

And it the prognosys is not good he is an extremely dangerous man with nothing to loose 8-[
There has been a lot of speculation regarding Putin's health. Ranging from various forms of cancer to Parkinson's disease. But it appears to all be speculation as tends to happen in circumstances like this.
Christo
8000 Tousand
8000 Tousand
Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 185 times

Unread post by Christo » Thu May 19, 2022 7:55 pm

https://flip.it/e7w-N0

They know they're a bunch of hypocrits
Due to the price increase in ammunition, do not expect a warning shot.

Sig Sauer, kinda like Glock except for men. :wink:
MadMacs
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand
Closest Airfield: Milkyway
Has liked: 692 times
Been liked: 158 times

Unread post by MadMacs » Thu May 19, 2022 8:54 pm

Denial ain’t a river in Egypt
Airwayfreak
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Closest Airfield: FAJS
Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 557 times

Unread post by Airwayfreak » Thu May 19, 2022 9:43 pm

Christo wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 7:55 pm
https://flip.it/e7w-N0

They know they're a bunch of hypocrits
Watch the movie "W".

Its a bit more of a factual account of just how deeply the hypocrisy ran
Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the "m" is silent
Airwayfreak
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Closest Airfield: FAJS
Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 557 times

Unread post by Airwayfreak » Thu May 19, 2022 9:47 pm

Trevorn wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 10:08 am
Theuns v V wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 9:56 am
I dont see how engine failure would be due to structural issues
Ya, that's why I queried that statement. The way I initially understood him was not what he meant
Who said anything about engine failure anyway?
Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the "m" is silent
crash
Avionics Master On
Closest Airfield: GMTA
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 35 times

Unread post by crash » Thu May 19, 2022 10:52 pm

Airwayfreak wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 9:47 pm
Trevorn wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 10:08 am
Theuns v V wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 9:56 am
I dont see how engine failure would be due to structural issues
Ya, that's why I queried that statement. The way I initially understood him was not what he meant
Who said anything about engine failure anyway?

You did.
Airwayfreak wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 9:08 am
Theuns v V wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 7:52 am

I once worked on a ukrainian built crop duster and the inter granular corosion on the lift strut clevis was scary bad, it could be carved with a blade like cheese! This shows that quality control may not have been great in manufactor of said part.
Interesting, not unlike the several Stearman with a cropspraying history that have lost engines due to structural failure
And you are behaving badly - again.
Try to be a bit more respectful - the passive aggressiveness is not pretty

These users liked the author crash for the post (total 2):
Trevornzander
Chris R. Ashford
MadMacs
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand
Closest Airfield: Milkyway
Has liked: 692 times
Been liked: 158 times

Unread post by MadMacs » Fri May 20, 2022 2:26 am

Your Pocket Guide to Western Media:

Denial ain’t a river in Egypt
lupedelupe
1k poster
1k poster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 19 times

Unread post by lupedelupe » Fri May 20, 2022 6:59 am

snoopy wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 2:37 pm

Nee wat, volgende skaap vir 'n skeer....
Well, there was that one guy's bedroom with the 3 'SIM cards'. :lol:

And the squadrons of muppets on the Ruskiy-Mir side with Nazi symbols proudly displayed on their uniforms.

Return to “123.45”