10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Closest Airfield: Fape
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 3 times

NTCA paperwork

Unread post by Chris » Mon May 25, 2009 12:42 pm

You learn something new every day.

I though that NTCA did not have a release to service document. Then I see that Part 24.01.2 (a) (ii) Indicates that NTCA need to have a valid
Certificate of Release to Service.
wWw has just confirmed that the CAA regard the form signed by the AP when doing the annual serves the same purpose as a Cert of Release to Service. Part 91 requires that document to be in the aircraft.
Chris Booysen
A ship is safe in a harbour, but that is not what it is built for.
cvh
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Closest Airfield: FASY
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Re: NTCA paperwork

Unread post by cvh » Mon May 25, 2009 1:04 pm

Eish ... your AP did not tell you?

:twisted:
Rotor Mad
1k poster
1k poster
Closest Airfield: Kroonstad
Been liked: 13 times

Unread post by Rotor Mad » Tue May 26, 2009 8:32 am

Chris wrote:You learn something new every day.

I though that NTCA did not have a release to service document. Then I see that Part 24.01.2 (a) (ii) Indicates that NTCA need to have a valid
Certificate of Release to Service.
wWw has just confirmed that the CAA regard the form signed by the AP when doing the annual serves the same purpose as a Cert of Release to Service. Part 91 requires that document to be in the aircraft.
Chris, can you give me number on this form please?
Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by the mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of $h!t by the clean end.
Chris
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Closest Airfield: Fape
Has liked: 15 times

Unread post by Chris » Tue May 26, 2009 11:32 am

The old form was CA 103-04 - see http://www.caa.co.za/resource%20center/ ... rcraft.htm

The new from from RAASA is RA24-1 - see http://www.raasa.co.za/images/PDF/ra%20 ... cation.pdf
Chris Booysen
A ship is safe in a harbour, but that is not what it is built for.
Rotor Mad
1k poster
1k poster
Closest Airfield: Kroonstad

Unread post by Rotor Mad » Tue May 26, 2009 2:56 pm

Chris wrote:The old form was CA 103-04 - see http://www.caa.co.za/resource%20center/ ... rcraft.htm

The new from from RAASA is RA24-1 - see http://www.raasa.co.za/images/PDF/ra%20 ... cation.pdf
Ok that is the inspection form. I though for one moment that there was another one.
Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by the mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of $h!t by the clean end.
Dave Grosvenor
Hee Hee I'm Flying
Closest Airfield: FAPM
Been liked: 0

Unread post by Dave Grosvenor » Tue May 26, 2009 5:19 pm

There is a lack of logic here on CAA's part. You cannot get your Authority to Fly without having the CA 103-04/RA24-1 form signed. You must carry a copy of the ATF. So why do you also have to carry the form used to get the ATF in the first place?? It's like saying you must carry the radio station licence as well as the form you used to apply for the licence.
Dave Grosvenor
http://www.dreamwings.co.za
Harmony, SportStar, A-22 Foxbat, MGL Avionics
cvh.

Unread post by cvh. » Tue May 26, 2009 5:38 pm

same argument goes for having to carry the radio license ... you need to show it before getting the ATF. :twisted:
BenSmit
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand
Closest Airfield: Grand Central
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 34 times

Unread post by BenSmit » Tue May 26, 2009 8:32 pm

Logic? Regulatory authority? does not compute ......:twisted:
Ben Smit
I am not young enough to know everything
(Oscar Wilde)
Pete
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Closest Airfield: FAKR
Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 58 times

Unread post by Pete » Wed May 27, 2009 5:21 pm

Dave Grosvenor wrote:There is a lack of logic here on CAA's part. You cannot get your Authority to Fly without having the CA 103-04/RA24-1 form signed. You must carry a copy of the ATF. So why do you also have to carry the form used to get the ATF in the first place?? It's like saying you must carry the radio station licence as well as the form you used to apply for the licence.
Agree!
One of these days we will smother ourselves with paper... the mind boggles :evil:
cx45338
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: Rand Airport
Has liked: 14 times

Unread post by cx45338 » Wed May 27, 2009 5:47 pm

Pete wrote:
Dave Grosvenor wrote:There is a lack of logic here on CAA's part. You cannot get your Authority to Fly without having the CA 103-04/RA24-1 form signed. You must carry a copy of the ATF. So why do you also have to carry the form used to get the ATF in the first place?? It's like saying you must carry the radio station licence as well as the form you used to apply for the licence.
Agree!
One of these days we will smother ourselves with paper... the mind boggles :evil:
Even worse, one of these days you will have to take the weight of the paperwork into account when you do your Weight & Balance calculations :!:

Clearly if an Inspector from CAA needs to validate paperwork of you aircraft, he should be able to make 1 (ONE) telephone call to his/her "Head Office". This should also be possible via a Cell Phone or Notebook PC via the Internet.

Why must life be so complicated :?:
Life is so tough, I've yet to come accross anybody who has come out alive on the other side.
Kwagga
Airspeed active
Closest Airfield: FAPS
Has liked: 3 times

Unread post by Kwagga » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:01 pm

I totally agree and add to that the following:
When you apply for ATF you need (every time) a copy of some page of the flight manual. Does this copy mean that you still have the flight manual with you? Why can’t they just keep the copy rather than require it every time.
Mass and Balance every 5 years - as if time is a measure when an aircraft's mass and balance can change - why not just when the equipment list have changed or a major repair was done - they should be able to pick that up from the airframe logbook and the ap can request a mass & balance to be done. Sure nobody minds doing a mass & balance if it has a purpose.
Copy of Radio license - If every aircraft must have one why not include the fees in the atf and raasa can pay icasa.
Copy of certificate of registration – It is on caa's database and raasa performs a function of caa: where do I go if mine is lost ? Listen to this joke: It was actually necessary for me to drive from raasa at Rand airport to caa’s office to obtain a copy of the registration certificate. When I got there they said why did raasa not just called them. The lady did not hand me the document but e-mailed / faxed it through herself directly from caa to raasa…where does it leave me for next year’s atf.
Copy of last atf - Who issued that...sure must be on your system .
Last but not least- it is compulsory to be an aero club member. Like the radio license why not include it then in the atf cost. Then all aircraft owners will automatically be aero club members...this at least sounds better than forcing people to join a voluntary club.
I also wonder why one must be an aero club member? Not that I have anything against aero club...just wonder why it is compulsory, there is not even a category for me as non flying aircraft owner.
Henlu du Preez
cvh
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Closest Airfield: FASY
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by cvh » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:50 pm

non flying aircraft
And the AP's that inspect your plane are part of the system, that is supported by the members of the various Sections of Aeroclub.

Also, when you are building, you should be part of a line of communication ... should any pertinent information become available.

if it was not for this structure, I doubt we'd be flying at all ...
George

Unread post by George » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:19 pm

I just sent that papiertjie to RAASA. Did not keep a copy (thought I did, but copied the 24.1 twice :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: - was under pressure. ) Now what?

8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[

Why not just have 1 papiertjie that says this aerie is OK to fly? KISS?

PS
Do the inspectors know this or will they argue and want to see yellow C of A and Release to service on AMO letterhead?
Pete
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Closest Airfield: FAKR
Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 58 times

Unread post by Pete » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:26 pm

Utilised a template from GMR 43.04 and adapted it for NTCA which should be used for the Release to Service. (A copy to RAASA) on ATF renewal.

Use it dont use it.. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
stefan
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: FARA
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 63 times

Unread post by stefan » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:53 pm

What we do is we have the AP or AMO stamp the Flight Folio book as well as the logbook when a service is done. This makes more sense as it proves that an inspection was done and it refers to the logbook where the inspection was done with a jobcardno as a cross reference. This works well and is foolproof and it has tracebility.

The reason why the ATF can not be used as a Realease to Service is simple. When you are operating the aircraft in a school or you fly more than the min hours that your aircraft needs a service at you then do not have to apply for an ATF again if it is within the 12 months. All you need to do is have proof that the maintenance was done and the way to do this is by using the release to service system. IAW if you work on the ATF as being your release to service and you fly 200hr's for the year you then would have to apply twice in one year for that ATF. With the current system you just need to have proof that the maintenance was done.

I found the regulation. Part 43.04.10 by implication states that a folio book should be used for the release to service once all the defects have been adressed and the folio book has been completed properly and stamped by the AMO/AP it then serves as a release to service.

Return to “RAASA”