Questions for RAASA

Moderator: Moderators

JOJO
Preflighting
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

NPL from start of PPL

Unread post by JOJO » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:48 pm

Hi, I started my PPL nearly one year ago but had to place it on standby after 9 hours flight and having passed one subject.
I have decided to do my NPL (LSA) instead and would like to know if the hours logged (on C172) and the passed subject, can be credited for the NPL?
Is there a period of time in witch the subjects have to all be completed :?:
calypsoSA

Re: NPL from start of PPL

Unread post by calypsoSA » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:27 am

This in the right section? Im also intested as to whats the answer for this.
JOJO
Preflighting

Unread post by JOJO » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:00 pm

Hi calypsoSA, I'm not sure if this is the right section... I've just joined, but it should be as it is a question for RAASA!? please advise if I should post it on a different section.
Chris
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Closest Airfield: Fape
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by Chris » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:42 am

This is the right section.
There are currently discussions in other sections - see viewtopic.php?f=1&t=61512
Chris Booysen
A ship is safe in a harbour, but that is not what it is built for.
WILDTHING
Heli and Fixed Wing Pilot now best mates
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by WILDTHING » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:17 pm

HI all.

Firstly all hours flown and logged will remain with you for life, you will continue to log hour from there on forwards
(providingthat these can be verified if needed through the Autho sheets of the ATO and/or Flight folio of the plane flown by CAA or RAASA)

This does not mean that you would only have to fly the remaining hours to get a licence.
i.e. you may be credited with the hours already flown, but the remaining hours will be at the discretion of your instructor, if you are competent then you could fly the remaining required hours, NOT LESS. If you are uncurrent or not up to the instructors or ATO,s standards you will be required to continue flying untill they are satisfied that you are competent.

If I may give you advise, dont ask or expect to get any credits for hours already flown, appraoch the training as if you are a new student and try to learn as much as possible and add to what you already know, if your instructor notices that you are performing to a high standard he will let you know. If you are expecting to do the minimum I am afraid that you could end up dissapointed if he requires that you fly an extra 10, 20 or even more hours before he feels that you are ready. Remeber all th erquirments laid out in the regulation to obtain a licence are the Minimum requirement not the Maximum, there is no maximum.
The period of time for all exams to be passed is 12 months
You need to have passed the last theoretical exam within six months prior to completing the Flight skills test, in short you would need to rewrite all the NPL exams.
JOJO
Preflighting

Unread post by JOJO » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:55 pm

Thank you "Wildthing"... that pretty much clarifies the issue. As you mentioned, the hours flown were not my major issue, but the exams taken.
Thanks

Return to “RAASA”