KUDU Survivors

Manufactured by Aermacchi in Italy, and named in South Africa.

Moderator: Moderators

kudu
Rolling
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0

Re: KUDU Survivors

Unread post by kudu » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:15 pm

My ex kudu at ep skydivers in Grahamstown.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ANDY
1k poster
1k poster
Closest Airfield: Chek Lap Kok
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by ANDY » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:38 pm

kudu wrote:My ex kudu at ep skydivers in Grahamstown.
My ex-Kudu as well :D
"Hit my smoke"
C205
1k poster
1k poster
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by C205 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:40 pm

ZU-BSV looks a LITTLE diferent now! hehe :D
plankwings
Has liked: 0

KUDU s and BOSBOKs

Unread post by plankwings » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:22 pm

I am trying to email Johan Lok and remember that he now uses his daughters address. Can anyone PM me so i can arrange some parts for my friends Bosbok?

av8@aapt.net.au
Guernsey Aviation

Unread post by Guernsey Aviation » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:39 pm

Can anyone help with the Identity of the Kudu in the Warbird Aircraft Services hangar at Wonderboom which looks as though it is being converted to an Atlas Angel?

It was seen in metal finish on 27th September.

Regards

Andy
Bossie Fan
Aircraft in Hangar

Unread post by Bossie Fan » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:01 pm

Looking for a instrument Panel Layout for a KUDU Please
rengab

Unread post by rengab » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:56 am

hi

i'm new here. i'm rene abad from the philippines

i'm interested on the kudu aka trojan as a multi purpose light aircraft

someone in denel said that johan lock is the expert on this aircraft

may i know if i can get his email address

thanks

rene
George

Unread post by George » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:15 am

try
yolandilok @ gmail . com
rengab

Unread post by rengab » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:24 am

thanks george
davevh
Wanna Fly
Closest Airfield: Worcester

Unread post by davevh » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:02 pm

Hi everyone

I stumbled upon this old thread recently (forgive me for the resurrection), and was compelled by my father to post some pictures that I have of the Kudu that he once owned. He relished looking through all the Kudu postings on here (as did I). Before I do so a little background first.

My dad purchased the kudu for my brother Steven, registration ZS-WWP, from a private individual (who himself had placed the winning bid on it from the SAAF) in Johannesburg around the years 1991-1992, hangared at Springs airport. The intention was for my brother to build up his flight time before departing overseas to pursue a career in the airlines. The aircraft was resprayed by Mr. Johan Lok and co at the time, and full inspection and appropriate maintenance performed.

Thereafter my dad asked around for someone proficient to check my brother out in the Kudu, and enlisted Mr. Steve Odendal (probably misspelled that) who was a squadron leader for the SAAF at Swartkops and very experienced on the Kudu and its unique flying traits. After several hours with Mr. Odendal, my brother was deemed ready and that's when the fun began. I should add that my brother was so impressed with Steve Odendal and what he taught, that Steven remembers and uses some of the training learned back then to this day in flying the big jets in the airlines in America (he tells me that this gives him an edge over other pilots)!

After initial trips around the highveld, dad and myself flew with Steve to Durban and finally down to Port Elizabeth to visit my oldest brother John at flight school. From there a departure was made to the Western Cape and some exciting flights performed around the mountains, and friends made at various airstrips and airports visited.

Steven only had about 90 hours total time when he started flying the Kudu (a total rookie with regards to something like the C4M, which is notorious for lack of rudder control at high AOA and heavy weathervaning characteristics), but he flew the aircraft as though he had piloted it for years (though to this day he recalls some "close one's" with a slight sweat).

Steven put in around 100 hours on the Kudu before departing for the U.S.A, and shortly after that the Kudu was sold.
We learned some time later that WWP was involved in an accident and, very sadly, totally destroyed. It was a fine specimen, probably one of the nicest Kudu's we had seen, and it is unfortunate that it suffered such a fate. It was a very unique airplane to fly, though with stock engine underpowered. Thankfully, no one was killed in the loss, I think due in no small part to the fact the things are built like tanks!

Enjoy the pictures, sorry for the quality as they were scanned from developed photos taken before the digital era!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pumpjockey
Fuelling up

Unread post by Pumpjockey » Mon May 18, 2015 8:52 pm

hello , im looking for information on the following aircraft , all registered to the same trust
ZU-BSV SERIAL NO 971
ZS-WXF
ZS-WYC
ZS-WZP
ZS-WXK
ZS-WWO SERIAL NO 978 (KUDU)
ZU-ECF
ZS-WWE
ZS-WZB

If anyone can help with information on these atlas aircraft please contact me brad@runawaymedia.co.za
BenSmit
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand
Closest Airfield: Brakpan
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 226 times

Unread post by BenSmit » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:47 pm

BenSmit wrote:
Bearcat wrote:ZS-WWR at Springs 21 Feb 2010
One of the nicest kudus to fly around, wish Franco would spend some bucks and make her look nice too
Well done well done, WWR looks fantastic in her new livery. Good going Franco and great work Johan Lok
Ben Smit
I am not young enough to know everything
(Oscar Wilde)
BenSmit
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand
Closest Airfield: Brakpan
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 226 times

Unread post by BenSmit » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:49 pm

Here she is now
Ben Smit
I am not young enough to know everything
(Oscar Wilde)
Guernsey Aviation
Wanna Fly
Closest Airfield: EGJB

Unread post by Guernsey Aviation » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:50 pm

Would anyone have a list of Kudu's that have been converted to Angel's please?

Many thanks

Andy

Return to “Bosbok & Kudu”