Closest Airfield: FAHA

Re: Sling 4 as trainer

Unread post by Charlee » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:29 pm

Whirly wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:00 pm
Charlee wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:45 pm
So just an update,

I took the plunge and is now the proud owner of a Sling 4! The plane is being delivered next weekend to Bloem! PPL training started 3 weeks ago and is going very well. It is taking time to get the plane on the school's books so doing training on one of the school's planes in the meantime.

Very exited to get the Sling in the air!
Congratulations! =D> =D> Never try to "justify" the purchase of an aircraft as a private flyer, if we had to do that, most of us won't ever own one. It is yours, so just enjoy it! :D

Whirly.
Thanks Whirly! True words spoken!
If and when I figure out how to post pictures I wIll!
lawotschkin
Post Take off checks

Unread post by lawotschkin » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:24 am

.. I ran the numbers for my wife's ppl training on our C172 - when considering everything in all
detail I would have saved a whopping R100/hour .. was not worth the trouble as the plane was on part 91 and would have needed 135 inspection etc ..
Mrb13676
Cows on Runway - doing go around
Closest Airfield: FATA

Unread post by Mrb13676 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:49 am

Charlee wrote:
So just an update,

I took the plunge and is now the proud owner of a Sling 4! The plane is being delivered next weekend to Bloem! PPL training started 3 weeks ago and is going very well. It is taking time to get the plane on the school's books so doing training on one of the school's planes in the meantime.

Congrats! Also just placed deposit on a Sling4. Which one did you get? The red one or the white one? When they were showing me mine at FATA there were two that had been sold and one going to Bloem. I’m super stoked as I’m sure you are!
Mike Blackburn
ZU-IBM - Sling4 Turbo
southside
Take off Clearance
Closest Airfield: around

Unread post by southside » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:25 am

Congratulations on the purchase.

It's seems the purpose of this endouver is to make two 100nm trips a week.

I will just caution you and say never commit to this, if you'have to be there' or 'have to be back' on a certain date ect then rather drive.

Enjoy the flying
Charlee
Aircraft in Hangar

Unread post by Charlee » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:06 am

Mrb13676 wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:49 am
Charlee wrote:
So just an update,

Congrats! Also just placed deposit on a Sling4. Which one did you get? The red one or the white one? When they were showing me mine at FATA there were two that had been sold and one going to Bloem. I’m super stoked as I’m sure you are!
It is the red one! Cant wait! Only 106hours on the clock so in very good condition!
Charlee
Aircraft in Hangar

Unread post by Charlee » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:09 am

southside wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:25 am
Congratulations on the purchase.

It's seems the purpose of this endouver is to make two 100nm trips a week.

I will just caution you and say never commit to this, if you'have to be there' or 'have to be back' on a certain date ect then rather drive.

Enjoy the flying
Luckily Im very flexible when it comes to the trips... probably just using that to justify the purchase.... 8-[ 8-[ :wink: :wink:
SJ@Farmacres
Flaps set for Take off
Closest Airfield: FAKD

Unread post by SJ@Farmacres » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:28 pm

Congrats on a brilliant purchase! =D>

Just hit 1000 hours in 3 years on our Sling 4. Fly it mostly for business and still love every minute of it!

It is one hell of an aircraft and you can’t drive with a bakkie for the cost of flying your Sling 4.

Enjoy, I know you’ll love it.

Stephan

Return to “General Aviation Chatter”