“CAA Safety Link”

What your instructor never taught you. Continuing your education and learning from others. Flight safety topics and accident/incident discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

rare bird
Too Tousand
Too Tousand

Re: “CAA Safety Link”

Unread post by rare bird » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:20 pm

also can't access it.
why not do one of those "survey" things so it can tally the score without having to post?
jimdavis
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Closest Airfield: FAGG

Unread post by jimdavis » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:43 pm

rare bird wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:20 pm
also can't access it.
why not do one of those "survey" things so it can tally the score without having to post?
Thanks so much everyone - I have the info I need, basically that CAA forgot to publicise the online 'magazine'. In other words no one ever saw it.

The accident is incidental - it was three youngsters who flew into the Drakensberg - VFR into IMC in 2005. The only recommendation on the accident report was that it be publicised in "Safety Link". This was never done, but it would have made no difference if it had been done - because the publication was hidden on CAA's website, and, as demonstrated here, no one ever knew about it.

Another government project that was a complete waste of time and money.

jim
"So Others May Live", "PPL Manual", "Flight Tests", and "Flying in Africa" Volumes I & II. Look inside these books, and buy them at: www.jimdavis.co.za.
Dusty Eagle
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: My Home and Tedderfield

Unread post by Dusty Eagle » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:11 am

Jim.

About the only time the CAA communicates with anyone is when they decide you are an unsafe entity and send you a mail withdrawing your flying privileges :roll:
Nico Brandt
jimdavis
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Closest Airfield: FAGG

Unread post by jimdavis » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:09 am

Dusty Eagle wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:11 am
Jim.

About the only time the CAA communicates with anyone is when they decide you are an unsafe entity and send you a mail withdrawing your flying privileges :roll:
You are right Nico. They are like CASA in Oz. They aimi for zero accidents by having zero flying.

Actually CASA put out a really excellent flight safety magazine - I will give them that!

BTW - it's good to know you have a name. :lol: You have a great day!

jim
"So Others May Live", "PPL Manual", "Flight Tests", and "Flying in Africa" Volumes I & II. Look inside these books, and buy them at: www.jimdavis.co.za.

Return to “Academy & Flight Safety”