Disgusting behaviour by Instructors

What your instructor never taught you. Continuing your education and learning from others. Flight safety topics and accident/incident discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
Whirly
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Posts: 11438
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 3:25 pm
Closest Airfield: Ermelo
Location: Mpumalanga
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 17 times

Re: Disgusting behaviour by Instructors

Unread post by Whirly » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:39 pm

cage wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:33 pm
heinrich wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:29 pm
.. as Whirly already said.
Whirly's use of emojis has been whizzing over heads recently, like a T28 in Guatemala.
I have a moderate-to-high degree of confidence that he was being sarcastic.
Sarcastic/evil/sadistic etc. is this :twisted:

Rolling my eyes because of some of the Malema spoken here :roll:

You figure it out. :lol:

Whirly.
Every dog needs a home and every home needs a dog (or two or three).
User avatar
Jack Welles
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Posts: 2877
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:15 pm
Closest Airfield: FACT
Location: Muizenberg
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 47 times

Re: Disgusting behaviour by Instructors

Unread post by Jack Welles » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:41 pm

cage wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:33 pm
heinrich wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:29 pm
.. as Whirly already said.
Whirly's use of emojis has been whizzing over heads recently, like a T28 in Guatemala.
I have a moderate-to-high degree of confidence that he was being sarcastic.
Good grief! How do you take back a "like"? :lol:

At least you could go back and delete :smt023 8-[
Last edited by Jack Welles on Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jack Welles (thriller_author pen name)
https://www.amazon.com/Jack-Welles/e/B073VJQTTX
Eddie Haynes-Smart
Textbook - "The Lore of Negotiation"
http://www.loreofnegotiation.com
User avatar
cage
Niner Tousand
Niner Tousand
Posts: 9541
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:47 am
Closest Airfield: FAGC
Location: ..for the grass 35
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 107 times

Re: Disgusting behaviour by Instructors

Unread post by cage » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:43 pm

Jack Welles wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:41 pm
Good grief! How do you take back a "like"? :lol:
just click it again *poof* ;)
User avatar
Jack Welles
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Posts: 2877
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:15 pm
Closest Airfield: FACT
Location: Muizenberg
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 47 times

Re: Disgusting behaviour by Instructors

Unread post by Jack Welles » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:44 pm

cage wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:43 pm
Jack Welles wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:41 pm
Good grief! How do you take back a "like"? :lol:
just click it again *poof* ;)
Is homophobia allowed on this forum? :?

As an aside: Nah! When I did hover on the button I see you're right but at this stage I'll give him the benefit of the doubt :wink: it would seem churlish!
Jack Welles (thriller_author pen name)
https://www.amazon.com/Jack-Welles/e/B073VJQTTX
Eddie Haynes-Smart
Textbook - "The Lore of Negotiation"
http://www.loreofnegotiation.com
User avatar
Redmoon
Taxiing to Threshold
Posts: 457
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:24 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Disgusting behaviour by Instructors

Unread post by Redmoon » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:23 pm

My personal take on this is simple. They broadcasted their personal life on 125.80. Why not just carry it on social media. They are both from the same flight school, so either get a cup of coffee and chat each other up oof get what’s coming to you cause you opened up on an open frequency.
These users liked the author Redmoon for the post (total 2):
jimdavisJean Crous
The Future Belongs to Those Who Dare !
Spoken words of the Silent Warrior
User avatar
cage
Niner Tousand
Niner Tousand
Posts: 9541
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:47 am
Closest Airfield: FAGC
Location: ..for the grass 35
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 107 times

Re: Disgusting behaviour by Instructors

Unread post by cage » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:26 pm

Redmoon wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:23 pm
My personal take on this is simple. They broadcasted their personal life on 125.80. Why not just carry it on social media. They are both from the same flight school, so either get a cup of coffee and chat each other up oof get what’s coming to you cause you opened up on an open frequency.
Indeed.
It's not uncommon.
You can either get wound up about it, which isn't the best use of focus while flying, or a simple "guys go 12345" shuts them up quickly.
dale
Incipient Spin
Posts: 351
Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 6:25 pm
Closest Airfield: FAKR
Location: Krugersdorp
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 13 times

Re: Disgusting behaviour by Instructors

Unread post by dale » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:35 pm

cage wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:26 pm
Redmoon wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:23 pm
My personal take on this is simple. They broadcasted their personal life on 125.80. Why not just carry it on social media. They are both from the same flight school, so either get a cup of coffee and chat each other up oof get what’s coming to you cause you opened up on an open frequency.
Indeed.
It's not uncommon.
You can either get wound up about it, which isn't the best use of focus while flying, or a simple "guys go 12345" shuts them up quickly.
I tried that but it didn’t seem to work. I’m also not sure that they’re from the same school.
User avatar
cage
Niner Tousand
Niner Tousand
Posts: 9541
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:47 am
Closest Airfield: FAGC
Location: ..for the grass 35
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 107 times

Re: Disgusting behaviour by Instructors

Unread post by cage » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:39 pm

dale wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:35 pm

I tried that but it didn’t seem to work. I’m also not sure that they’re from the same school.
there are enough of them around here, I am sure the message will be received, no pun intended.
Special rules south is often busy with country cousins admiring each other's aircraft and chatting about breakfast.
It is annoying but not worth getting the blood pressure up.
Poor RT has been the topic of many a missive on this site, not likely to change soon.
dale
Incipient Spin
Posts: 351
Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 6:25 pm
Closest Airfield: FAKR
Location: Krugersdorp
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 13 times

Re: Disgusting behaviour by Instructors

Unread post by dale » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:42 pm

cage wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:39 pm
dale wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:35 pm

I tried that but it didn’t seem to work. I’m also not sure that they’re from the same school.
there are enough of them around here, I am sure the message will be received, no pun intended.
Special rules south is often busy with country cousins admiring each other's aircraft and chatting about breakfast.
It is annoying but not worth getting the blood pressure up.
Poor RT has been the topic of many a missive on this site, not likely to change soon.
But being encouraged by instructors is not acceptable. We should be setting the example
User avatar
cage
Niner Tousand
Niner Tousand
Posts: 9541
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:47 am
Closest Airfield: FAGC
Location: ..for the grass 35
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 107 times

Re: Disgusting behaviour by Instructors

Unread post by cage » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:58 pm

dale wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:42 pm
But being encouraged by instructors is not acceptable. We should be setting the example
Absolutely agree.
These users liked the author cage for the post:
Avgas
User avatar
jimdavis
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Posts: 15602
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:46 am
Closest Airfield: FAGG
Location: Wilderness
Has liked: 184 times
Been liked: 167 times

Re: Disgusting behaviour by Instructors

Unread post by jimdavis » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:11 pm

cage wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:33 pm
heinrich wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:29 pm
.. as Whirly already said.
Whirly's use of emojis has been whizzing over heads recently, like a T28 in Guatemala.
I have a moderate-to-high degree of confidence that he was being sarcastic.
And I think that Whirls has more sense than to use sarcasm on Academy. This is meant to be a learning forum not a place where new pilots have to start guessing whether posters are trying to be smart arsed.

In case anyone doesn't understand what I am saying here it is. The two instructors who were acting like idiots should be roundly censored by responsible pilots and by their employers. To turn a blind eye to this sort of behaviour is to condone it!

If pilots want to be respected as professionals they must grow up and learn to behave like professionals.

jim
These users liked the author jimdavis for the post (total 12):
MultirotordronepilotUgly DucklingJean CrousRay WFalafelCornell BlokRoger BozzolilayercakekennyhubbardSwartbokDarrencoenvanwyk
"PPL Manual"
"Flight Tests"
"So Others May Live"
"Flying in Africa" Vol 1
"Flying in Africa" Vol 2
Look inside these books, or buy them at: www.jimdavis.co.za.
tembani
Aircraft in Hangar
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:38 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Disgusting behaviour by Instructors

Unread post by tembani » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:08 am

They should get a room. And talk about flying. :P
User avatar
Ray W
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Posts: 16207
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:17 pm
Closest Airfield: OR Tambo
Location: Atlasville.
Has liked: 102 times
Been liked: 57 times

Re: Disgusting behaviour by Instructors

Unread post by Ray W » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:00 am

jimdavis wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:11 pm
cage wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:33 pm
heinrich wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:29 pm
.. as Whirly already said.
Whirly's use of emojis has been whizzing over heads recently, like a T28 in Guatemala.
I have a moderate-to-high degree of confidence that he was being sarcastic.
And I think that Whirls has more sense than to use sarcasm on Academy. This is meant to be a learning forum not a place where new pilots have to start guessing whether posters are trying to be smart arsed.

In case anyone doesn't understand what I am saying here it is. The two instructors who were acting like idiots should be roundly censored by responsible pilots and by their employers. To turn a blind eye to this sort of behaviour is to condone it!

If pilots want to be respected as professionals they must grow up and learn to behave like professionals.

jim
Well said Jim
Old age & treachery will triumph over youth & skill
User avatar
biffvj
Power off Glide
Posts: 319
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:29 pm
Closest Airfield: Polokwane Civil
Location: Polokwane
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 15 times

Re: Disgusting behaviour by Instructors

Unread post by biffvj » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:03 pm

Goes with the "recently finished high school" age of many of today's instructors.
A true friend has the guts to tell you what you need to hear.
User avatar
KZNChris
Frequent AvComer
Posts: 789
Joined: Fri May 04, 2007 7:31 pm
Location: Pietermaritzburg KZN
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 5 times

Re: Disgusting behaviour by Instructors

Unread post by KZNChris » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:55 pm

Soon we will be reading in YOU Magazine how they proposed -- in the air -- on the radio
ALL the You Tube generation will ALL be -- AFLUTTER
:lol:
These users liked the author KZNChris for the post:
TripleC

Return to “Academy & Flight Safety”