Disgusting behaviour by Instructors

What your instructor never taught you. Continuing your education and learning from others. Flight safety topics and accident/incident discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

jimdavis
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Closest Airfield: FAGG
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 69 times

Re: Disgusting behaviour by Instructors

Unread post by jimdavis » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:36 pm

Jack Welles wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:17 pm
And then it's like a trumpet to an old warhorse, as a defender of logic and the Rule of Law, I feel compelled to disabuse the miscreant of his or her fatally erroneous notions. To that I must plead mea culpa ... :lol:
Very neatly put, Eddie. =D> =D> =D> I have no idea what it means, but I have a feeling that if I heard it in a court of law, it would mean that I was about to be dumped in the mire. :lol: :lol:

jim
These users liked the author jimdavis for the post (total 2):
nrmZiggi
"PPL Manual"
"Flight Tests"
"So Others May Live"
"Flying in Africa" Vol 1
"Flying in Africa" Vol 2
Look inside these books, or buy them at: www.jimdavis.co.za.
Ugly Duckling
Fife Thousand feet
Fife Thousand feet
Closest Airfield: Brakpan Benoni FABB
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by Ugly Duckling » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:44 pm

Swartbok wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:17 pm
Don’t worry Jim
There’s always a first year junior who believes he should challenge all and every experience at every turn, backed up by Objective perplexsion, because as a such he doesn’t quite know what he doesn’t know. Like a perfect computer that knows the meaning of life. n Gatvlieg, we call it.

Every post has has to become an argument about why it was posted, and how “I would handle it better”. And turns into pages and pages of rubbish, detracting from the original post.
Because Junior’s Objectivity just has to be right. :roll: :roll:

Best way is to ignore that irritating gatvlieg because daddy will insure his ill discipline and constant disrespect.

I know I know. Banned for life.
Ou Bok, ek like jou :lol:

Having known the OP Dale for +30 years, what he has achived in aviation, the high standards of his flying & instruction. He can rightfully expect fellow instructors to behave appropriately on frequency. The term "disgusting" would not be used casually.
He also wears his well deserved aviation green & gold with pride :D
These users liked the author Ugly Duckling for the post (total 4):
SteveRay WCornell BlokSwartbok
Paul Sabatier EAA Ch 575, SSSA, ERGC, ERFC, AeroClub
Long time Cygnet builder
The object is to fly, it does not matter what the object is!
dale
Power on stall
Closest Airfield: FAKR
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 12 times

Unread post by dale » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:15 pm

jimdavis wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:29 am
cage wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:16 am
What have we learned from this thread?
Nothing, except two young okes need to be publicly shamed, hung, drawn and quartered.
Problem solved, everyone feels better now don't they.
I suspect that the more perceptive of those who want to learn on Academy, will have learned at least three things:

1. Don't play silly-muggers on the radio - it is a very public space
2. Cluttering up the frequency is potentially dangerous.
3. Professional pilots should set an example by being professional all the time.

jim
:D
These users liked the author dale for the post (total 4):
rudolphscharRay WnrmDusty Eagle
Swartbok
Helicopter getting close
Closest Airfield: Wonderboom
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 14 times

Unread post by Swartbok » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:58 pm

Ugly Duckling wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:44 pm
Swartbok wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:17 pm
Don’t worry Jim
There’s always a first year junior who believes he should challenge all and every experience at every turn, backed up by Objective perplexsion, because as a such he doesn’t quite know what he doesn’t know. Like a perfect computer that knows the meaning of life. n Gatvlieg, we call it.

Every post has has to become an argument about why it was posted, and how “I would handle it better”. And turns into pages and pages of rubbish, detracting from the original post.
Because Junior’s Objectivity just has to be right. :roll: :roll:

Best way is to ignore that irritating gatvlieg because daddy will insure his ill discipline and constant disrespect.

I know I know. Banned for life.
Ou Bok, ek like jou :lol:

Having known the OP Dale for +30 years, what he has achived in aviation, the high standards of his flying & instruction. He can rightfully expect fellow instructors to behave appropriately on frequency. The term "disgusting" would not be used casually.
He also wears his well deserved aviation green & gold with pride :D
I don’t know the OP, but he has a very valid point and I commend him for what he has done.

And there is a world of difference between saying “Howzit Chom” on frequency and chatting up your lady fancy on frequency, in front of your students.

And even if the trike drivers discuss breakfast, it’s sometimes a bit irritating, and not necessarily right, but then again they are not setting an example for a future professional, it’s their weekend fun. A Beeeg difference in my opinion.

Even if some believe it’s the same crime.
And for the 4 mods that liked the post, thank you and greetings from Moscow, where the Vodka is cold and Russian k@k praat on frequency is rife. (I don’t know what they’re saying, but no girl voices to chat up).
Flying is like sex. I've never had all I wanted but occasionally I've had all I could stand.

Return to “Academy & Flight Safety”