Crop sprayers using roads

What your instructor never taught you. Continuing your education and learning from others. Flight safety topics and accident/incident discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

southside
HASSELL checks
Closest Airfield: around
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 36 times

Re: Crop sprayers using roads

Unread post by southside » Tue May 14, 2019 8:50 pm

Orthin Opter wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 8:42 pm
southside wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 4:52 pm
Common sense is not in the SACAA's vocabulary. It's all about closed minded safety safety safety #-o
SS, I think a correction is required. The CAA,s stated reasons might be safety, safety as you say but the real reason is mindless bureaucracy, total over control and the destruction of the industry they are supposed to support and encourage to grow.
Just think about it, a short 25 years ago CAA had about 76 employees and now they have about 11 times that many and everything takes much longer to do. Is that building the industry? Is that improving safety? Is that increasing mindless bureaucracy? You decide.
You and I are 100% on the same page.
The regulations they have are stupendous. The regulations will result in no accidents, well done CAA, because nobody can fly
Jack Welles
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand
Closest Airfield: FACT
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 74 times

Re: Crop sprayers using roads

Unread post by Jack Welles » Wed May 15, 2019 10:41 am

Orthin Opter wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 8:42 pm
southside wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 4:52 pm
Common sense is not in the SACAA's vocabulary. It's all about closed minded safety safety safety #-o
SS, I think a correction is required. The CAA,s stated reasons might be safety, safety as you say but the real reason is mindless bureaucracy, total over control and the destruction of the industry they are supposed to support and encourage to grow.
Don't know where people get this from? If you read the preamble to their enabling act it, effectively, is really only about safety :?

Please note for the folk that have difficulty with English Comprehension - I'm only talking about this one aspect, ie, CAA for safety or meant to "grow" industry, I am NOT taking sides in the efficiency vs inefficiency debate NOR am I defending what CAA have done or might do - 8-[
Jack Welles (thriller_author pen name)
https://www.amazon.com/Jack-Welles/e/B073VJQTTX
Eddie Haynes-Smart
Textbook - "The Lore of Negotiation"
http://www.loreofnegotiation.com

Return to “Academy & Flight Safety”