Peanut allergy

Medicine and other human performance related issues.

Moderator: Moderators

sephbey
Wanna Fly
Closest Airfield: FALE
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Peanut allergy

Unread post by sephbey »

Good day everyone, so i need to go for my medical so i can begin my cabin crew training program, but i have a small issue that is bothering me a little bit. So from a young age i was diagnosed with severe peanut allergy, my count is over a 100 and it keeps getting to my head that i won't make my medical because of it, i don't get any reaction unless i eat or swallow peanuts itself.

If anyone has knowledge and that will be able to assist me weather it would be a genuine issue i would appreciate it alot as i honestly don't know much of what the medical covers. Thank you in advance.
Kootenayflyer
Hee Hee I'm Flying
Closest Airfield: FAVV

Re: Peanut allergy

Unread post by Kootenayflyer »

SEVERE peanut allergy you say. This means if you get exposed, you get an anaphylactic reaction and could easily die. After each exposure, the risk increases.

Now you are in a confined space in the middle Atlantic with hundreds passengers around you eating and munching whatever they can grab. You also eat food provided by the airline chefs. What would happen should you then get exposed, in the middle of the Atlantic. Some people get triggered even by the smell of the allergen. It is not because it has not happen that it will not happen.

My opinion, I am not a AME..

L.
M20K 231
Fransw
8000 Tousand
8000 Tousand
Closest Airfield: Pretoria

Re: Peanut allergy

Unread post by Fransw »

Ask the Peanut Gallery... :D
"Lucky are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing." ~Camille Pissarro

Return to “Aviation medical and related issues”